Author Topic: Metal!!!  (Read 192005 times)

Offline AceHigh

Re: Metal!!!
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2008, 05:10:47 pm »

>_> I got it wrong exodus is later (june/july i think) the concert I'm attending is megadeth/ in flames XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid friends giving me wrong info #_#

Have you heard the lastest In Flames ?

Didn't sound especially thrilling to me ... granted, I jumped from the train after Clayman which I still consider as the first step in the wrong direction

I must say they have mixed style in all albums (didn't bother listening to the newest one though), therefore there are many songs I don't like, and some that I like in every album.

Offline Fool010

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 08:58:33 am »
Other subject, I heard many people rejoice because Matt Barlow went back to Iced Earth.

I listened to their Myspace samples, I'm sorry to say that Jon Schaffer still seems to be short on good ideas.

Anyway, even average songs sound better live. Both Megadeth and In Flames might give off a good show ... though I no longer care about  them.

But ... Hell, I'd sell both of my kidneys for an Exodus show fronted by Paul Baloff ... but not gonna happen

Note for Malus : 6'8'' ? you're one of those guys I hate at concerts ... I'm quite vertically impaired (one foot shorter), getting a good view during shows is a pain in the ass for me.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:13:35 am by Fool010 »
Who needs a signature anyway ?

MAL               last.fm

Offline nijmoy

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2008, 08:03:01 am »
I love the old standards like....

Slayer http://youtube.com/watch?v=CUDWLp1yIWw&feature=related
and
Sepultura http://youtube.com/watch?v=JwD5Jk7fJb4

Lately Ive been listing to...

Machinemade God   http://youtube.com/watch?v=mWBHeMAWCsc&feature=related

The newest Machine Head album is just amazing  http://youtube.com/watch?v=6CRFHuJg6Ao
and
Lamb of God  http://youtube.com/watch?v=danEuXSTjMw&feature=related

And here's a link to my bands Myspace page  http://www.myspace.com/apsycomantium

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 08:15:50 am by nijmoy »

Offline Murphy

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 02:38:25 am »
Metal up your ass! \m/

My tastes vary a lot. I'm a die hard fan of Iron Maiden and Metallica (the usual ones :D ), and depending on the mood i also like Arch Enemy, Kreator, Slayer, Mercyful Fate and the great Judas Priest ( their new album is fecking awsome! ). Also, I'm, a big fan of Moonspell ( a band from my country, Portugal :D ).

I also enjoy the old school Metal. The newer stuff doesn't really appeal to me, though.

Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Judas Priest, etc etc.

I also heartily enjoy the Godfathers of Metal. Black Sabbath.

Sweet Leaf:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMEMo2BaYP0

Hole in the Sky:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBSCPcJ8jpg

Children of the Grave:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lboS7psz-qc&feature=related

Black Sabbath (self-titled)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yntdJ1kDI4
Hands forever blackened; The scent of oil and gas, Such a fragrance. Work all day, Paid for half.
Break mind, body, And soul. I keep your world healthy, You care not.

Offline Fool010

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 02:45:24 am »
The historic importance of Sabb' should be taught in school

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2008, 10:57:51 am »
The historic importance of Sabb' should be taught in school

What are you talking about? Of course it is. I remember in elementary school we learned about bands that influenced different genres and alike and they were mentioned.

Offline costi

• [tada.wav]
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2008, 11:02:53 pm »
Lucky you...

Offline Jayp

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2008, 09:19:37 pm »
I wonder if I'm the only one here who doesn't like classic metal - at all. Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Manowar and the likes just sound so, I don't know, lame? I don't know how to explain it but I just don't feel anything while listening to such music. Now please don't lynch me.

My memory sucks so someone might have already posted some of these songs.

Nightwish - Bye Bye Beautiful
I liked their new album. They've changed their style a bit and Anette is so much better than Tarja.

Masterplan - Spirit Never Die
I think they might be my favourite power metal band.

Clawfinger - Out to get me
I guess this would be... rap metal? or something... Whatever you call it they still rock.

Machinae Supremacy - Hero
SID metal. So good it's almost unfair, like using godmode while playing! One of my favourite bands in any genre ever.

Stratovarius - Black Diamond
Do I even need to say anything? Power metal wouldn't be the same without them.

Children of Bodom - Trashed Lost and Strungout
Dunno, I like their style of melodic death metal. Their newest album was just good though.

Norther - Mirror of Madness
Great stuff similar to Bodom. I can't believe I just discovered them recently. Although I do live under a rock so...

Wolfpack Unleashed - Religion Of Control
Another band I discovered recently. Thrash metal is it? Only band in the genre that I like at all and they're pretty good to boot.

Warmen - Salieri Strikes Back
Interesting. Different. Mostly instrumental and somewhat experimental but most definitely good.

Northern Kings - We Don't Need Another Hero
Their lineup is beyond impressive but non of their covers can reach the high expectations really. They're still good though.

Sentenced - Vengeance is mine
I only really like the last couple albums, especially their last one. But damn I love the lyrics in this song.

Impaled Nazarene - Nyrkillä Tapettava Huora
Only one of their songs I really like. Too bad it's a crappy quality video since the song is just pure awesome.

Ajattara - Haureus
Some kind of dark/black metal? I don't really listen to this kind of music but for some reason I like them.

Turisas is good too. Seems a couple videos were posted already.

I'm too lazy to comment on all of these power metal bands but they're still definitely worth mentioning :P
Rhapsody (of Fire) - Holy Thunderforce
Sonata Arctica - Don't Say Word
Hammerfall - Last Man Standing
Dark Moor - In the Heart of Stone
Dream Evil - Children Of The Night
Luca Turilli - Demonheart
Angra - Temple Of Hate
Iron Savior - Tyranny of Steel
Sinergy - I Spit On Your Grave
Dragonforce - Valley of the Damned
And a lot more I neglected to include.

Damn there were a lot of finnish bands in there ;)
And I really like too many different genres of music for my own good - it's just not possible to listen to all of them regularly :-\
Nope, there's still nothing here.

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2008, 10:46:38 pm »
I wonder if I'm the only one here who doesn't like classic metal - at all. Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Manowar and the likes just sound so, I don't know, lame? I don't know how to explain it but I just don't feel anything while listening to such music. Now please don't lynch me.

No, you are probably not the only one here who doesn't like it and there is nothing wrong about not liking some sub genre of metal.

Stratovarius - Black Diamond
Do I even need to say anything? Power metal wouldn't be the same without them.

Reminds me of Hammerfall for some strange reason.... Anyway, I see you are a bit on a melodic side.

Offline Fool010

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 07:55:17 pm »

No, you are probably not the only one here who doesn't like it and there is nothing wrong about not liking some sub genre of metal.

Yup, there"s quite enough stuff out there for everyone.
I used to be much more into the traditional and power metal genres, but I somehow wandered towards the more extreme end of the spectrum.

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2008, 09:02:19 pm »
hmm i personally am a fan of older metal mainly from the 80s

Old metallica before they got bad
slayer
black sabbath
iron maiden
judas priest
megadeth

are some of the shit i listen to pretty much constantly on my mp3 player and most of it is awesome music for driving very fast
also if you like are into guitar
check out cacophony

and while i love dragonforce i wish they could do it live like slayer then they would be truly amazing

Offline sunweb

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 01:51:55 am »
I'm a fan of prog metal, although I do listen to other sub-genres.

Opeth, Ayreon, OSI, Devin Townsend, Dream Theater, Electric Wizard, Kamelot, Black Sabath and Ayreon (yes, it's that awesome).

Offline Jayp

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2008, 05:34:02 pm »
Finland really is THE country of metal. Just look at our Eurovision Song Contest 2008 entry. Hell they might even win since most of the others are total crap. I'm not going to comment on the quality of that particular song or band though :P My only point was the fact we actually entered that gay contest with a metal song, something I think represents our country quite well. Most of the best metal bands come from Finland after all ;)

Offline ero senin

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2008, 06:07:03 pm »
i think that Norway and Sweden are far ahead of Finland in terms of Metal.Take for example bands as Bimmu Borgir or In Flames or Dark Tranquility.I don't know it's your call.As for EuroVision i don't think that you'r on the topic of Metal.It's Garbage!!!   
" Everyone   lives bound by their own knowledge and awereness"   That's called REALITY.But knowledge and awereness are values,and perhaps better called ILLUSIONS *HOW FAR CAN YOUR EYES SEE........*                                                                                                                                                     
"DID YOU KNOW SHINIGAMIS ONLY EAT APPLES"

Offline Jayp

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2008, 06:29:27 pm »
I thought it was apparent enough but: no one should take anything with the word "Eurovision" too seriously. I was just posting another metal video along with a description and I do believe this is the right topic for that. However, Finland is the single most awesome country when it comes to metal. Like seriously. No other country has as many as good metal bands. And that's a fact since I say so.

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2008, 08:00:39 pm »
i think that Norway and Sweden are far ahead of Finland in terms of Metal.Take for example bands as Bimmu Borgir or In Flames or Dark Tranquility.I don't know it's your call.                                                                                                                                     

Norway is THE country of Black Metal, no other country burned their churches like we did back in the 90ies  ;D
Sweden has produced incredible amount of artists for it's population, but I would say that Sweden almost represents the European power metal genre and many death metal off-shots.

Finland has that weird metal style, many different styles, but always some kind of Avant-garde metal.

Personally I like Swedish death metal like Amon Amarth, At the Gates, Dark Tranquility and In Flames as well as power metal like Hammerfall, Sabaton and Falconer. But when it comes to black, then it's all Norwegian like Dimmu Borgir (early albums before they became sellouts), 1349 (didn't find anything more heavy and brutal yet), Burzum, Enslaved and Mayhem.

As for Grand Prix, now called Eurovision, it's more about politics then music.

Offline Jakuchu

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2008, 11:31:54 pm »
So many bands that I could write about.. But I'll just mention my latest discovery which is Heaven Shall Burn, a German band which plays Melodic Death/Metalcore. Their newest album, Iconoclast, is quite enjoyable imo. Here's a video from that album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTkZt8r2lko

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2008, 01:12:30 am »
So many bands that I could write about.. But I'll just mention my latest discovery which is Heaven Shall Burn, a German band which plays Melodic Death/Metalcore. Their newest album, Iconoclast, is quite enjoyable imo. Here's a video from that album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTkZt8r2lko

That one was great, fast and brutal  :)

Offline Fool010

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2008, 12:43:36 pm »
Finland has that weird metal style

Too much Barkbröd I'd say, but in the case of Moonsorrow the result is actually very good

I'm currently on a black and avant-garde metal run, Norway provides a lot of my daily food
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 12:45:48 pm by Fool010 »

Offline ero senin

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2008, 11:51:47 pm »
Have anyone heard a Greek band by the name ROTTING CHRIST.If you don't try listening some songs the gays rock!!!Note that Greece is not famous for metal bands.Not bad at all. here are some songs:Sanctus Diavolos alboum-Serve in Hell Genessis alboum-Quintessence andCall of the Aethyrs And all the Dead poem Alboum Have fan!!!!
" Everyone   lives bound by their own knowledge and awereness"   That's called REALITY.But knowledge and awereness are values,and perhaps better called ILLUSIONS *HOW FAR CAN YOUR EYES SEE........*                                                                         
"DID YOU KNOW SHINIGAMIS ONLY EAT APPLES"