Author Topic: Definition of Terms  (Read 27075 times)

Offline nacho5551

Re: Definition of Terms
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 03:27:36 pm »
gods lol,  now i feel like a duche...i shoulda figured that...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews[/u

Offline Rebs

• ...A Binary Choice.!?
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 12:44:42 pm »
A small correction, nothing important. Just for the sake of letting you know. (Although it may have been left there on purpose as a tribute to that which once was.)
On the third line of text Bakabt is still referred to as "BoxTorrent". See partial quote below.

This is basically a compilation of definition of terms not included in the FAQ. This is not a troubleshooting thread!

This thread is basically aimed for users trying to find definitions but are too afraid/shy/lazy to ask (since some of them are too trivial).

Note that this thread will be updated from time to time to coincide with standards here in BoxTorrents. I will try to update the information here as often as possible. If you see any corrections, please feel free to post it.

Playback-relevant definitions:
Codec: is a device or program capable of encoding and/or decoding a digital data stream or signal. There are basically two compression qualities:
...That Which Once Was...Cannot Be.!?

Offline slayerdx

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 04:48:34 pm »
This is awesome!

Offline Madman550

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 10:06:05 am »
Umm what's the difference beetween bookmarking and putting a torrent on your notification list? Also i started downloading some torrents but canceled them before they have even been completed but they still show up in my inactive tab... is that ok?

Offline Enzedder

• Former Staff
  • The Cute One
    • Youtube
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 10:15:22 am »
Bookmarking merely puts the torrent into your bookmark list. I believe it also notifies you if its delete. Notification Listing a torrent will notify you when anything changes on the torrent including new comment posts etc. Usually you would only use notification listing for torrents that you are playing an active part in whether that be uploading or offer watching or discussion etc.

The torrents that you cancelled are also fine. There is no way to tell that you have removed them from your list however they will disappear from your list after they are inactive for a month or so I believe.

[MAL] | Nothing is either good nor bad but thinking makes it so.

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 12:48:35 pm »
The torrents that you cancelled are also fine. There is no way to tell that you have removed them from your list however they will disappear from your list after they are inactive for a month or so I believe.
You need to make sure the "Keep Statistics" option in your settings is disabled.

Offline Madman550

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 04:09:05 pm »
thanks guys

Offline Snowcrash

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 11:23:42 am »
Hello I have a question about some torrent.
I saw recently the description hi10 on few torrents. What does that mean exactly ?
Is there a very noticeable difference between a normal file and a hi10 file ?

Thank you.

Offline AceD

• Facebook
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 11:46:33 pm »
I saw recently the description hi10 on few torrents. What does that mean exactly ?

Thank you.
http://ryuumaru-fansubs.com/hi10p-faq-revision-0/
http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/?p=205

Will tell you all you need to know, pretty much.

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 12:38:23 am »

Thank you.
Actual term is Hi10P by the way. Stands for High 10 Profile. Uses 10-bit instead of 8-bit. To play these encodes, you will need to update your codecs if you haven't already done that.

Offline Nemu_khao

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 10:09:16 am »
are all those marked High Definition are from BluRay sources? in particular is this http://bakabt.me/154763-one-piece-movie-09-episode-of-chopper-720p-yibis.html from a bluray source? it is tagged Bluray... but normall the filenames genrally mention if they are blu ray

Offline Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 11:00:25 am »
If it's tagged BluRay, that means that it is from a BluRay source. Filenames tend to mention the source, but that depends on the group that released them and their preference.
And no, not all HDs are BluRay, if not indicated otherwise it could also be an HDTV rip.

Offline Nemu_khao

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 11:24:13 am »
thanks for the info. I am gonna trust bakabt on this and add this info in my OP collection  :)

Offline VicViper573

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 02:59:20 pm »
What does R2J mean?

Region 2 Japanese release?

Offline ConsiderPhlebas

• CP @ Live-eviL
  • Awards Award for multiple donations to Kiva charity. Award for donating to Kiva charity.
    • Live-eviL
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 06:13:51 pm »
What does R2J mean?

Region 2 Japanese release?
Yes. DVD Region 2 from Japan.

Online juggalojohn

• Just Be Nise
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2013, 06:27:39 pm »
I have a list of things W/ explorations idk if it applys to this list but add what you want

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.