Author Topic: Bleach Manga Discussion  (Read 218717 times)

Offline Mysterion

Re: Bleach Manga Discussion
« Reply #1640 on: August 21, 2016, 11:32:58 am »
Yeah the lamest ending ever lol. His kid destroyed Ywach then? In the future? And Ywach really bit the dust with a Shikai? Epic.
I am strong! Stronger than you guys. Very strong. Therefore, I can defeat those Titans! Even on my own.
You are not only weak, but you are spineless cowards. I am disappointed in you.
Just stay here... Stay here and watch.
Mikasa Ackerman

Online DespondenSea

« Reply #1641 on: August 24, 2016, 03:19:08 pm »
At least it's over.

There's no way Kubo could have salvaged it.

Offline Mysterion

« Reply #1642 on: August 24, 2016, 10:54:27 pm »
Yeah with WSJ harping on him. That's why he made Kyouraku say in the 2nd last chapter "People just don't appreciate my pace" or something.
I am strong! Stronger than you guys. Very strong. Therefore, I can defeat those Titans! Even on my own.
Mikasa Ackerman

Offline jiop

• Just a BOT...
    • Anime Portal
« Reply #1643 on: August 25, 2016, 08:07:05 am »
May be a mix of light novel versions, fixed tankōbon releases, new databooks could at least bring it some dignity.

Dragon Ball had Kanzenban and Daizenshū treatment.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 06:38:16 pm by jiop »

Offline Mysterion

« Reply #1644 on: August 25, 2016, 11:57:46 am »
^ What's that GIF? Only Bleach didn't reach 30 years yet?
Mikasa Ackerman

Online kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #1645 on: August 28, 2016, 03:01:08 pm »
bleach (2001~2016) is pretty recent, naruto (1997~2014) and one piece (1997~20XX) are older.

though in terms of mileage bleach and naruto are hardly apart.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #1646 on: August 29, 2016, 07:20:28 pm »
Yeah the lamest ending ever lol. His kid destroyed Ywach then? In the future? And Ywach really bit the dust with a Shikai? Epic.
I'm not sure, but somehow I don't hate it as as much. I like the ending to Bleach. I just remember that it's a battle manga and my expectations go way down. Personally liked that Renji made the callback to Ichigo that he bridged Renji and Kuchiki together again. They were not on good terms when the series started. Although, really Renji and Kuchiki as a couple? Doesn't sit right with me.

The problem with Bleach is that the first arcs were very good, but that's only because they were the first ones. Kubo never did anything else with the manga besides being a battle manga. Apparently, that's something some people enjoy. Like, they just want to see characters battle and don't really care much about the plot. That's at least something I feel Naruto did better at times.

And it did have some awesome fights. Mostly fights that were awesome because of how they were animated. Battles in manga doesn't really work on me.

Still bittersweet to see it coming to an end since it's been a part of my life for so many years. I hope he lets it rest. Please don't make a manga about the son...

Online DespondenSea

« Reply #1647 on: August 30, 2016, 02:47:51 pm »
Part of it was the schedule of a weekly manga author is insane, and to manage a really big universe you need good support from your editors and staff.

His relationship with WSJ was not good, and I think that made it difficult to hold everything together towards the end.

Online kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #1648 on: September 05, 2016, 08:42:19 am »
Part of it was the schedule of a weekly manga author is insane, and to manage a really big universe you need good support from your editors and staff.

His relationship with WSJ was not good, and I think that made it difficult to hold everything together towards the end.
bleach universe isn't that big tbh, we have human world, soul society, hueco mundo, dangai, hell, and soul king palace.
the characters too are hardly that many, some of them don't even last a few chapters before being killed off.

even the story itself is fairly short, straightforward and simple.
you could pretty much summarize the entire bleach manga into a single volume if you cut off all the battle scenes and fillers.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 08:53:12 am by kitamesume »

Offline Mysterion

« Reply #1649 on: September 09, 2016, 10:48:40 pm »
you could pretty much summarize the entire bleach manga into a single volume if you cut off all the battle scenes and fillers.
+1.  You just need to mention Rukia giving Ichigo powers by accident, getting almost killed for it but being saved by Ichigo in the nick of time. Aizen betrays. Plans to destroy SS. Makes an army. Loses. New villain. Loses. New villain. Loses...
Mikasa Ackerman