Author Topic: Classic Anime - Request Thread  (Read 61648 times)

Offline Area88

• AnimeClassicReviews.com
    • Anime Classic Reviews
Classic Anime - Request Thread
« on: January 10, 2009, 12:47:23 am »

The dedicated thread for all those classic anime you want to see subbed.

We are a small group with only enough resources to subtitle OVA's and Movies. Doing a TV series is simply beyond us right now.

Also if anyone has any raws of the titles requested either on VHS, Laserdisc or DVD, please let us know, I'm sure we could reach an agreement :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:53:43 pm by Area88 »

Offline nstgc

• http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 01:56:19 am »
I want to see the Silent Mobius movies, but the quality on the ones I had were so poor they were unwatchable.

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
Re: Classic Anime - Request Thread
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 03:02:03 am »
ide like to see the ORIGINAL casshern from 1973/74

Offline Temuthril

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 06:24:29 am »
Requesting Naki no Ryuu.

Offline Area88

• AnimeClassicReviews.com
    • Anime Classic Reviews
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 07:01:54 am »
I want to see the Silent Mobius movies, but the quality on the ones I had were so poor they were unwatchable.

Both are remastered and released by Bandai on DVD with special features including the OST on cd, I recommend geting those. I don't mean to sound preachy but please let's try to support the industry when something obscure like this does get released, especially if we want to see more of it in the future.

Requesting Naki no Ryuu.

This is what I'm talking about, someone suggesting an obscure OVA, that no one's ever heard of. The first episode is actually available raw on youtube - Naki no Ryuu 01 (Click Here). Episodes 2 and 3 are not available it seems.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 07:06:30 am by Area88 »

Offline Hanako

• http://hanako.fortunecity.com
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 07:21:45 am »
It's hit and miss, but I've actually found some pretty decent raws through ed2k on occasion, some were actually better than what we already had and will be used in upcoming releases.  If you could manage to get a requested Anime's raw of decent quality this way we would be much more likely to take on the project.

It can hard for us to find time to hunt down and acquire rare raws in addition to working on the rest of the subbing process, we also have a stockpile of over a dozen old school raws in que and ready to be worked on.

The biggest problem is finding a peer to download from and then they can be incredibly slow, but completing an otherwise extinct file even in a week or two is a great accomplishment  :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 07:27:08 am by Hanako »
When you find yourself falling into madness, dive!

Offline nstgc

• http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 07:42:21 am »

Both are remastered and released by Bandai on DVD with special features including the OST on cd, I recommend geting those. I don't mean to sound preachy but please let's try to support the industry when something obscure like this does get released, especially if we want to see more of it in the future.

I am among the last people to have the right to question another's sense of righteousness (so long as it doesn't conflict with my own).

(by this I mean "I understand" and "thats fine")

Offline wolkec

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 12:45:48 pm »
can i ask, why the fucking old anime?

Offline omegadragon

• Supporter of the Yandere Union
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 02:01:43 pm »
because they are normaly better than the crap that gets thrown out nowadays, plus most groups now just concerntrate on new series out at the moment, and forget about the good old classics

requesting
Yajikita Gakuen Douchuuki

Spreading the yandere love

Offline Xenor

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 02:14:19 pm »
I can't find Trinity Blood series only ost is there.p.s i don't think that Trinity Blood is a classic but i can't find it.

Requesting Trinity Blood
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:17:58 pm by Xenor »

Offline Nazo

• Former Staff
  • Pure and Innocent Deity of Mind-games and Teasing
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 02:51:49 pm »
Because we want to? Most new anime are either well-subbed or are licensed and will be released in dual audio form anyway, including your request of Gunslinger Girls II. The thing is that we're not likely to the fast, so what's the point of spending our time when it's going to be released anyway?

I can't find Trinity Blood series only ost is there.p.s i don't think that Trinity Blood is a classic but i can't find it.

Requesting Trinity Blood
Trinity blood can be found. It's already subbed AND in dual audio. Totally rejected.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:55:09 pm by Nazo »

I'm ALWAYS nice. Well... except when I'm ebil. But I'm only ebil when I'm bored. Although... I'm bored all the time. Not that that's a problem is it? ;)

Offline navin75

Re: Classic Anime - Request Thread future war 198x
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 06:34:57 pm »
how about  subbing  future war 198x    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjOr0cdQMn0

Offline Mazinger G

• Will rocket punch you in the face
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 09:57:46 pm »
I know It's a series and not very likley, but for a future project maybe God Mazinger?   
Why the fucking new anime?

Offline Rizzler

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 02:28:21 am »
I would like to request that boxtorrents sub the old classic SF Saiyuuki Starzinger from   02.04.1978 till 24.06.1979 that i also know many more people want to se subbed. I know this is a long series but i was talking with Chiyachan on irc wich said he would not mind doing it so im corssing my fingers really hard here.

I got and Can provide box with all the raws for this series including the movie. Ive waited for almost 22 years to se this series subbed and i really hope that box can/will do this one. as i told Chitachan i would be your personal bitch for all etirnety just to se this subbed.

Season 1: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=1593
Season 2: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=1595
Movie: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=1596

Offline Chiyachan

• Staff
  • Awards Award for multiple donations to Kiva charity. Award for donating to Kiva charity.
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 02:30:07 am »
* Chiyachan would like to do a long series as a timer.
If my vocab was good enough, hell, I would translate too.
It's MECHA :D OLD SKOOL MECHA!
Quote from: Enzedder
I agree that its a lounge but its not a supergay lounge.
'Onest, I'm a super cute gal. Befriend me? ;D

Offline germaholic

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 05:08:28 am »
I would like to request Armrored Trooper Votoms: Heretic Saint/Shining Heresy. It's that 5-part OVA that was made in 1994 that is set 32 years after the main Votoms series.

Offline Troak

• BxT Idol Judge
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 07:01:26 pm »
Just for clarification, how old does the anime need to be in order to be classic?

Offline Nazo

• Former Staff
  • Pure and Innocent Deity of Mind-games and Teasing
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 08:06:48 pm »
it doesn't have to be old per se, but something that has little-to-no chance of being subbed is what we are looking for. Generally anything that isn't subbed now originating from the mid-90s or earlier are possible candidates.
Note that requests are great, but we would also need the raws...

I'm ALWAYS nice. Well... except when I'm ebil. But I'm only ebil when I'm bored. Although... I'm bored all the time. Not that that's a problem is it? ;)

Offline germaholic

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 05:10:37 am »
I found some raws of Votoms: Shining Heresy on Youtube from some guy in Japan. I don't know where to look for raws though, so I can't find anything in higher quality and without each episode being split up into 3 parts.

Offline ConsiderPhlebas

• CP @ Live-eviL
  • Awards Award for multiple donations to Kiva charity. Award for donating to Kiva charity.
    • Live-eviL
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 07:57:07 am »
I don't know where to look for raws though.
I don't know for this series, but look for example at Amazon in Japan. You can switch the user interface partially to English; in the same way as the Western versions they also link to 3rd party sellers with used anime as well.