Author Topic: FF VII Remake + FF XIII [1, 2, 3] + FF XV [FF XV release date tonight]  (Read 88106 times)

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=9251 <-- Damn Japanese people, damn them. I'd purchase 2 of those things, put 1 for collections set and use the other one. Damn them!

--

Edit -- http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/4521.html -- PSX Extreme news.

Edit -- http://www.finalfantasy13game.com/ -- New footage, with GAMEPLAY! Looks freaking awesome ~

Edit -- www.gametrailers.com search for Final Fantasy XIII's footage. There's couple of gameplays in there as well. This is the demo that was released April 2009 on the PS3.

[5.1.09] -- I just got the shipment today ...  Oh my god, these cases are so raw ... they're freaking made of different material than the shit you purchase in US or Europe. I wish I had a camera ... I should have never opened this. I'm gonna purchase another one for collection purposes.

[4.16.11] -- For everyone that has not seen the official two trailers for FFXIII-2 (one English and one Japanese), you can find them here.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 get teased ahead of E3 showing next week. [6.5.2011]

Square Enix drops FFXIII-2 story details. [6.6.2011]

Final Fantasy XIII-2 confirmed for early 2012 western launch. Good news. [6.7.2011]

FFXIII-2 to sport branching maps, mini-games. [6.9.2011]

Final Fantasy XIII-2 direct footage from E3 released Amazing videos!!! Watch watch watch! Also!!! [6.9.2011]

Final Fantasy XIII-3 not on the cards despite domain registration. [12.04.11]
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:46:56 pm by Tatsujin »

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline molbjerg

Re: I'm crying .... FF VII:AC / PS3
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 04:29:33 pm »
What a waste. You'll throw away that amount of money to get a demo and some lame crap drawn on your ps3?
all i can think of when i hear that garbage is just pounding guys in the ass

Offline beezer08

• The Architect
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 09:16:42 pm »
If anything they should pair this release with FFVII being available for download on the PSN......but I guess they'd just rather put some out some worthless garbage.

Welcome to the Internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents
PSN: beezer08  R.I.P. 60GB PS3

Offline zherok

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 06:15:09 pm »
I have a hard enough time figuring out enough reasons to own one PS3, I can't imagine trying to rationalize having two collector's edition CONSOLES because of a demo. I'll probably enjoy FF13 when it hits the 360, having enjoyed to some degree most of the previous ones, but some random tribal scribble icon on the front of the system isn't enough to grab two of them.

I suspect 13 will be more game and less MMO macro-idling than 12 is, so I am looking forward to it, but nothing about that PS3 screams awesome to me. If that's the logo for 13 I just don't see it being one of the cooler ones, compared to past FFs.

Offline Troak

• BxT Idol Judge
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 11:35:52 pm »
The logo on the PS3 has something to do with Cloud I believe, not FFXIII

Offline Nikran

• Hei = A terrible, good-for-nothing, violent drunk.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 12:01:10 am »
It's prolly not worth the money =/

"The Collectors killed you once and all that did was make you angry." Garrus, Mass Effect 2

Offline damagegirl

• Watashi kyuimunda ja nai!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 12:25:57 am »
It's getting hard to believe how out of touch Sony is becoming. Do they really think sales will boost if they offer a console with a special logo on it?

It's a little sad, because I'm one of those that's been following Sony for about a decade or so and stopped doing so when the PS3 came out. Now I don't know if I should get an X-Box 360 for when the next Star Ocean game comes out on it.

Offline fohfoh

• Mod AznV~ We don't call it "Live Action"
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 01:20:57 am »
You do realise how much restructuring that Sony has gone through since their new CEO, right? The New CEO isn't Japanese, not to mention the original PS people are mainly gone and moved into different areas or basically "no name" consultants etc.

This might be a good time to learn Japanese though...
This is your home now. So take advantage of everything here, except me.

Offline zherok

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 06:14:51 am »
It's getting hard to believe how out of touch Sony is becoming. Do they really think sales will boost if they offer a console with a special logo on it?
I have a feeling this has more to do with Square than Sony. As for boosting sales... I suspect every single one of them will sell, so take that for what it's worth. But it's just another Japanese only special edition. Nothing to start looking into about what Sony's planning.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 07:10:35 am »
What a waste. You'll throw away that amount of money to get a demo and some lame crap drawn on your ps3?
I'm a collector for FF VII. I'll purchase almost anything if its worth my money. FF VII just owns, hardcore.

And for the record, I pre-ordered FFVII:ACC & FF XIII Demo. The demo comes with English Dubb so I'm all good and happy. And I already have a PS3 (60GB version).

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
Re: FF XIII Trailer [Revised]
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 01:51:19 am »
1 Bump. Read first post.

Offline Troak

• BxT Idol Judge
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 02:22:16 am »
Looks like a huge improvement over FFXII, I can't wait!

Offline zherok

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 03:14:02 am »
As long as they ditch gameplay via macro and several hour long boss fights it can't possibly be as bad as 12 was. Presentation-wise, well, it's beautiful, but hopefully there turns out to be a game there this time around.

Offline Troak

• BxT Idol Judge
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 03:16:29 am »
As long as they ditch gameplay via macro and several hour long boss fights it can't possibly be as bad as 12 was. Presentation-wise, well, it's beautiful, but hopefully there turns out to be a game there this time around.

I don't mind a several hour long boss fight, I like that kind of stuff.  It's just stupid when you're doing the exact same thing the whole time...  If you actually have to think, that would be different =/

Offline zherok

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 04:01:08 am »
I wonder if they're clever enough to come up with a fight that can entertain for hours though. Between FF12 and 11 I can't say their long boss fight model shows any promise.

12 embodies some of the worst aspects of MMO raid fights, and their being dragged into a console RPG is pretty lazy. You've got massive HP pools which do nothing but make you take longer to get between phase changes. Most of these changes are fairly minor shifts, but a number of them in 12 basically meant the boss would do a party wiping ability at given intervals. Unless of course, you happened to collect enough "resistance gear" to wear solely for that one attack at those particular points.

The problem with the model is it doesn't seem to indicate they have any interest in immediacy. It's entirely about being over leveled, going probably ridiculously far out of your way to make sure you have items to cover yourself against whatever bullshit ability they do at given points, and having the patience to sit through several 30 minute chunks where the boss barely shifts up his strategy.

I don't think they'll biff it with 13, or at least not as badly as 12, but we'll see. I wanted to say 12's license board had it's pluses, but honestly the majority of the board just meant you had to work to earn stuff you'd bought already, so short of passives (which tend to resemble talents or skill points in other games) it was a crappy restriction on gameplay.

Offline damagegirl

• Watashi kyuimunda ja nai!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 04:22:49 am »
The battle scene looks okay. It seems as though they've added some things that might help the game out. But I'm still not at all impressed by the real time thing they are still doing. That was one of FF12's biggest drawbacks. It took all the challenge out of a fight. Either you had it over the enemy, or they had it over you. There was never a fight that I could remember that came down to the wire and that I barely won. There were plenty of these in FF7, FF8, FF9 and FFX but 12 was like wtf?

The story has got to be better, the battles have to got to be shorter and more challenging and they need to have more side quests other than just hunting down bosses.

I was one of the first ones in line for the collector's edition of FF12, but for 13, I think I'll wait a while to see how people like it. I remember going to the game store the other day and FFX (made in 2001) cost more used than FF12 (made in 2007). There's also the Star Ocean game coming out on the XBox 360 that I want to get, and I'll probably prioritize that first.

Offline Troak

• BxT Idol Judge
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 05:08:17 am »
It's hard to tell from the video and I haven't read into it, but it looks like the battle isn't using an auto-attack feature (which makes the game more boring I think), but I don't really know.

Offline zeroecho

• www.wriXeL.com
    • wriXeL
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 05:48:24 am »
i love how the attack menus are 1/3 of the screen

Offline beezer08

• The Architect
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 06:00:48 am »
Really wish they actually showed the flow speed of the battle instead of just the attacks....kinda wanna see if it's turned based or a hybrid like FFXII 

Welcome to the Internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents
PSN: beezer08  R.I.P. 60GB PS3

Offline Nikran

• Hei = A terrible, good-for-nothing, violent drunk.
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 06:19:32 pm »
It looks very impressive when it comes down to the attacks and moves, can't deny that at least. Moving into real time (again since FF12 was also) could make things intresting, though its hard to tell if it will work out. I actually liked FF12, but there were problems/flaws in the battle system, such as the spell/skill queuing that allowed only one at a time and everyone else had to wait there turn. And if i remember right u could keep doing physicals all day long while everyone else who were doing magic/skills were stuck in the queue. So if FFXIII is gonna be real time, i wonder how it will measure up to say....mass effect? Imo it's prolly one of the best real time rpg's ever =P Oh well, I have high hopes for this one, so i'd be upset it it turns out to be a let down =/

"The Collectors killed you once and all that did was make you angry." Garrus, Mass Effect 2