Author Topic: FF VII Remake + FF XIII [1, 2, 3] + FF XV [FF XV release date tonight]  (Read 87576 times)

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
Re: FF XIII Trailer [Revised]
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 02:31:53 am »
There's alot of details going on, I will post Arc Tech's details on how the battle system works. They've pretty much nailed down alot of things. It is worth the reading if you really wanna find out more about the battle system. In all honesty, I'm getting really excited over the battle system. FF XII was a complete waste and night, I'm sure they wont' do the same mistake with this game.

Who's played FF X-2? I know alot of people don't like it, but I'm hearing the battle system is worth it.

--

Check first post again, I've included Arc Tech conclusion on the video. They've seem to have broken it down to pieces. Again, its a must-read if you wanna know more about how it works.

Edit -- Can't find the website on my computer. I'll get the link tomorrow from work and e-mail it to myself and upload it here.

On another note, PS3 owners ... embrace yourselves and go download the new trailer on the PSN! It is in full HD and it looks FUCKING AMAZING!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 05:59:13 am by Tatsujin »

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline Nikran

• Hei = A terrible, good-for-nothing, violent drunk.
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 02:33:45 pm »
There's alot of details going on, I will post Arc Tech's details on how the battle system works. They've pretty much nailed down alot of things. It is worth the reading if you really wanna find out more about the battle system. In all honesty, I'm getting really excited over the battle system. FF XII was a complete waste and night, I'm sure they wont' do the same mistake with this game.

Who's played FF X-2? I know alot of people don't like it, but I'm hearing the battle system is worth it.

--

Check first post again, I've included Arc Tech conclusion on the video. They've seem to have broken it down to pieces. Again, its a must-read if you wanna know more about how it works.

Edit -- Can't find the website on my computer. I'll get the link tomorrow from work and e-mail it to myself and upload it here.

On another note, PS3 owners ... embrace yourselves and go download the new trailer on the PSN! It is in full HD and it looks FUCKING AMAZING!

I'll be looking forward to reading this break down when u post the link ;D

And for the record, Yes i have played FFX-2. What did i think about it? What if i told u i had at one stage completely forgotten that i'd ever played it and there was even a sequel to FFX in the frist place. Its really just not up to usual FF standerds and is easily forgettable.

Edit: Im assuming this is the site you were talking about?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/01/analysis-final-fantasy-xiii-battle-system-exposed-explored.ars

Reverting back to active time battle will be like a return to familier terrortory. I like the idea about no magic points, could work out to be fun. Overall bringing up FFX-2 and it's battle system (Lets not forget the dress system, AKA FFV Job systems little basterd brother) again is somewhat disturbing. But the visuals are stunning and action looks amazing, which only leaves the question will it be just as amazing to play it?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 03:07:48 pm by Nikran »

"The Collectors killed you once and all that did was make you angry." Garrus, Mass Effect 2

Offline Sebur

• 【=◈︿◈=】
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 05:34:44 pm »
FF x-2 battle system was pretty good actually. You can choose the pace yourself in the settings and unlike FF X the enemies actually attack you while you're choosing your attacks/spells.

Offline Nikran

• Hei = A terrible, good-for-nothing, violent drunk.
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 06:06:48 pm »
I'll have to take your word for it. I really can't remember that much about the game. But there's something really flawed about FFX-2, it just didn't work out and im not too sure what aspects are to blame (Though i kinda remember the story weren't much good and the end boss as a character was a joke).

"The Collectors killed you once and all that did was make you angry." Garrus, Mass Effect 2

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 06:51:25 am »

--

I'll be looking forward to reading this break down when u post the link ;D

And for the record, Yes i have played FFX-2. What did i think about it? What if i told u i had at one stage completely forgotten that i'd ever played it and there was even a sequel to FFX in the frist place. Its really just not up to usual FF standerds and is easily forgettable.

Edit: Im assuming this is the site you were talking about?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/01/analysis-final-fantasy-xiii-battle-system-exposed-explored.ars

Reverting back to active time battle will be like a return to familier terrortory. I like the idea about no magic points, could work out to be fun. Overall bringing up FFX-2 and it's battle system (Lets not forget the dress system, AKA FFV Job systems little basterd brother) again is somewhat disturbing. But the visuals are stunning and action looks amazing, which only leaves the question will it be just as amazing to play it?
yes thats the website! thanks alot.

but guess what guys? one of the playable characters is actually black and has an afro! i'm laughing my ass so hard, and he is one of the joker type guy. this is sooooooo FF VII. check it out here

Offline chosen1

• Guess the anime :p
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 06:15:00 pm »
Cant wait =)

Offline dbml

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2009, 04:46:29 am »
Yes, the system does look similar to that of FFX-2... although much faster. The AP needed to make moves reminds me very much of Xenosaga though. Very interesting :)

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
Re: FF XIII Demo
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 03:12:56 am »
:: Thrusts an elbow to this thread's jaws, knocking it all the way up! ::

First post, and I'm getting this game by the end of April (Demo) with FF VII Complete (Blu-ray). On the PS3, of course. ;]

Glad to be a PS3 owner. <3

Offline Arveene

• Former Staff
  • Sora <3
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2009, 03:19:19 am »
X-2's battle system was pretty good. I've yet to play FFXII, fallen behind way too much on FF games since I didn't have a console for so long.

I'll probably go out and get FFXII in the near future and then look into XIII,
AniDB Userpage | MAL (Not updated as often)

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2009, 12:44:32 pm »
X-2's battle system was pretty good. I've yet to play FFXII, fallen behind way too much on FF games since I didn't have a console for so long.

I'll probably go out and get FFXII in the near future and then look into XIII,
I liked FF XII's battle system, FF XIII's seems a bit slow. Maybe because the gameplay that was posted was probably in the very beginning of the game? Take not at the HP for characters and damage levels. I really want fast pace action RPG. =/ WTB Zone of the Enders!

Offline queenmetroid

• Uuuuuuuu! Uuuuuuuuu! UUUUUUUU!!!
    • Metal Slug Database
Re: I'm crying .... FF VII:AC / PS3
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 12:37:18 am »
It's getting hard to believe how out of touch Sony is becoming. Do they really think sales will boost if they offer a console with a special logo on it?

I honestly think it will, actually. People will buy anything with a special logo on it. There are about 40 special edition DS Lites.

Ah, yes, FFVII: AC. How I wanted to like that movie. I really did. Too bad it was incomprehensible and tried so hard to be serious, while failing horribly at it.
Quote from: queenmetroid
Quote from: esreveR
Seriously queen, can't you read?
What makes you think I actually read your posts?

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
Re: I'm crying .... FF VII:AC / PS3
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 06:18:05 am »
It's getting hard to believe how out of touch Sony is becoming. Do they really think sales will boost if they offer a console with a special logo on it?

I honestly think it will, actually. People will buy anything with a special logo on it. There are about 40 special edition DS Lites.

Ah, yes, FFVII: AC. How I wanted to like that movie. I really did. Too bad it was incomprehensible and tried so hard to be serious, while failing horribly at it.
You know, I'm a big ... big, big fan of FF VII and if it wasn't for my RL financial issues, I would have put a paycheck on that thing and purchased it without a second guess. So yes, it will boost sales. The system works in USA as well so the sales will go up.

I honestly dropped sales. It got a bit boring. I just want to play games. Lately, my brother's been playing the PS3 alot more than me, even my sister! Lack of RPGs is killing the PS3 =/ And so I decided to play some visual novel games on my PC. ,3

Offline queenmetroid

• Uuuuuuuu! Uuuuuuuuu! UUUUUUUU!!!
    • Metal Slug Database
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 09:17:03 pm »
It's cheaper, that's for sure.
Quote from: queenmetroid
Quote from: esreveR
Seriously queen, can't you read?
What makes you think I actually read your posts?

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
Re: FF VII: ACC + FF XIII Demo [PS3]
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2009, 02:12:50 am »
Got them today. Holy freaking shit ... I mean, holy ... freaking ... shit. The case you get is raw as hell, the plastic is thicker and when you open it they're very easy to do so. Man I'm so happy I purchased this. The best item I've actually bought to-date, and it's so ............... pure.

FF VII: ACC + FF XIII Demo

Oh yea <3

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
Re: FF VII: ACC + FF XIII + FF Vs. XIII
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 09:12:49 am »
So just something to throw at the people who want to know "why" hardcore Final Fantasy, RPG fans and PS3 fanboys want FF Vs. XIII more than the regular XIII. This is to most people, not all/everyone.

http://www.ps3center.net//news/3584/ffxiii-ps3-has-been-adversely-affected-by-360/

Rant all you want. SE already fucked up the game from inside as soon as they decided to bring it to the 360. So what else is there to look forward to in a half-assed FF? Not so much. I'm looking forward to Versus XIII more than XIII. And just to add one more thing, the characters, environment and era Versus XIII has is more appealing than that of XIII to me.

Offline kurandoinu

• I am not a robot, I am a unicorn
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 11:56:19 am »
Tatsu, that article made me rage so much that my boyfriend came to see what was up. And then he raged too. I was looking forward to  13 so much. MUCHO RAGE!

Offline Klocknov

• 次に魅力を消えます。彼らの左側ですか?
    • Klocknov's Blog!
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2009, 12:14:47 pm »
I've been inactively watching this game, and I now just saw how much so. I seriously can't believe SE pulled this dumb shit with the 360. I see the point of going over to that market, that is where a lot of money is but to compromise a game in doing so... I was actually going to be working up for a PS3 once I got a job due to this game, but I just got kicked in the face by Microsoft yet again. Though if they fuck with Versus I will lose any respect for SE I still have left. I guess I will have more time to work up to that PS3 now though.
When Cookies become alcoholics the world has issues, oh wait that has already happened!
When I was growing up I wanted to become a queen, now that I did, I have to avoid brats chasing me with bats.
When the charm wears off, what do you have then?

Offline DaggerLite

• Dood!
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2009, 01:15:34 pm »
Tatsu, that article made me rage so much that my boyfriend came to see what was up. And then he raged too. I was looking forward to  13 so much. MUCHO RAGE!
I agree with this. Before reading that article, I believed in what they said on E3, that the 360 would be a downgrade. I saw it as a good thing that it would be made more available, since they promised to give the game its righteous treatment for the PS3.

I listened to the interview, and while at about 0:50 he says there will be no difference between the two versions, it is a bit unclear whether this is (just) the content or the actual quality. At the end, he's talking about trying to compress the game as much as possible so it will fit on about 3 discs for the 360, so my best guess is that he's mainly talking about the image and sound. I would also like to see the comparison screenshots from the demos in question. Even then, they might be taken under different conditions, but stuff like polygons and background sharpness should be noticeable.

Now, I don't own a PS3 nor a 360, but I would gladly deem myself as more of a PS fan-boy. Reading that article just made me die so much inside. I am glad that my PSP doesn't get the same treatment vs. the DS (though I wish more decent games would be released on the PSP as well).

Edit 2009-09-05
Added some lines.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 02:02:17 pm by DaggerLite »

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2009, 06:19:59 pm »
Our version is compressed, the original fucking version of the PS3. NO Japanese voices; this is just about as true if you've seen Interview I and Interview II because oh .. the DVDs won't be able to fit on them anymore, they don't wanna add anymore discs as well and they wanna make both games equal! Fuck yea SE! Just wondering why are we the ones getting limited for the sake of the 360. Why isn't the PS3 version getting all the bump like they said in their past previews and interviews they had and showed. We shouldn't have been limited to space and power. These are the latest as of August 28 of 2009. The older one was two months ago, this summer ... . Their promise was to have FF XIII using the full power of the PS3 @ 100%, PS3 version will NOT be affected by the 360 and it'll have more data, the 360's version will be the one to be compressed. Now look at this fucking shit. They only decided to fill the 25GB Blu-ray disc for the sake of not increasing anymore discs on the 360, as right now it is only 3 discs. With 50GB it'll be around where? 5 to 6 discs for the 360? The PS3 won't be utlized at max now so quit dreaming about it on FF XIII. Besides the fact that it's running @ 720p (below 1 million pixels). I have a feeling Versus is going to be 1080p which is more than 2 million pixels rendered at X frames per second. This is very, .... very sad ................... I didn't like it when they announced to bring it to the 360 a year ago, then they said to think of it as an extra for fans on the 360 and they promised not to fuck with the PS3 version ... I said, you know what, it's cool. More fans, more money to them, they'll make more games, etc etc etc ... But with their latest interviews ... Nope, not gonna happen anymore.

I really thought Blu-ray's gonna die man! I mean, it's not useful guys! Who the fuck needs more space?! And it's not all about processing power (K2, MGS4, GoW III, GT5, LBP, and many other exclusives) ...  and 720p (921,600 pixels per FPS) is the sweet spot for HD gaming as to what Microsft claimed, not 1080p (2,073,600 pixels per FPS) -- the Full HD. Hahahahaha! Multi-platform games suck ... Time to cancel couple of games I've personally pre-ordered a while ago. I'll be back in an hour.

Offline UMMX

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2009, 10:27:09 pm »
You guys are overrating! May this just an Plan to lower are guard so when FF13 does come out it will be in 1080P. Also If your true fan's of the game does it really matter? I might also Get Vs, if it comes out in the US, but I will have to wait and see.

Also Have anyone gotten the New Final Fantasy game on the PSP? I have it and it kick ass.... The story is an little stupid though, but the fighting is great!!!!!
Tatsujin need to fight hard to get user to buy the PS3 slim...

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/01/20/fate-testarossa-ita-psp/