Author Topic: Nickname explanations?  (Read 201297 times)

Offline Derte

• Trdelniiiiik
Re: Nickname explanations?
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 05:39:33 pm »
letters D, E, R, T are close to each other on keyboard
it was my first nick and i will never forsake it ;)
ô

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 06:31:09 pm »
well I kind of know russian and I do know that duša means soul....

Ahahahaha.... one of the perks/curse to be a country who used to be a part of USSR.  ;D

Ok, I called myself Ace High a long time ago because my ego would not allow anything else. The next part is much more important so read on:
Dragoon part is not my nick but my rank in the military. It shows that I served as a cavalry in Panser battalion. This is how I recognize oldies from noobs. Oldies call me ace because they remember me from the time before the army and noobs call me Dragoon which to be honest annoys me.

Also because it is not that original, I have another nick that has gradually been taking over: Xmasbeer. That is what I call myself in online games and other forums. I think AceHigh is not replaced only here and as a part of my email account name. Btw I left Xmasbeer as a legacy in a BF2 mod AIX, you can shoot him as a bot, Personally I love to kill "myself".

Offline BakaBT

• Admin
  • I am a system user, do not PM me
    • http://bakabt.me/
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 06:55:38 pm »
Originally posted by Malus:

Malus - Latin translation: Evil. English translation: apple tree.

I'm 6'8" like a tree and my favorite fruit is apples! :D plus I'm fucking evil.
I am a system user, do not PM me

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 07:15:01 pm »
And Nah Lij would mean? I mean it does sound like "knowledge"

Offline Esoliken

• AQS Editor
    • Fan Fiction
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 07:23:55 pm »
Mine came actually out of the air. It was completely original as not really even I can enunciate it properly. But anyway, I was looking for a new RP character and Esoliken just came out when I typed a whole bunch of letters. So that's the story of the nick

Offline Chiyachan

• Staff
  • Awards Award for multiple donations to Kiva charity. Award for donating to Kiva charity.
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 07:33:13 pm »
Xav400 - Original nick.
Came from my name, Xavier, and a randomly assigned, easy number for my first email account on hotmail. Stuck for quite a while.

I was big headed when I first got photoshop, had learnt lots of tricks and was semi-decent at manipulating images.

Chiyachan - Current nick.
Chii + Freya = Chiya. Characters from Chobits. My first anime series. I have a place in my heart for this series getting me into anime. Chan, well, we know what that means.

Xavier - Current nick.
It's my name.

Lolitachan - Current nick.
Felt like it on the spur of the moment.

Euphemia - Current nick.
As above.

Any other IRC nick I happen to change to - Current nicks.
As above.
Quote from: Enzedder
I agree that its a lounge but its not a supergay lounge.
'Onest, I'm a super cute gal. Befriend me? ;D

Offline harpy

• absent
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 07:58:18 pm »
well I kind of know russian and I do know that duša means soul....

Ahahahaha.... one of the perks/curse to be a country who used to be a part of USSR.  ;D

more like perks/privilege then a curse....
.....wherever you are in the world you can find a Russian or English speaking person XD thou you have to be careful so that people dont think that you are russian, they usually do not like russians....

...Men are so necessarily mad that it would be another twist of madness not to be mad...

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 08:48:59 pm »
more like perks/privilege then a curse....
.....wherever you are in the world you can find a Russian or English speaking person XD thou you have to be careful so that people dont think that you are russian, they usually do not like russians....

Unless you are in Russia... always wanted to visit the museum of vodka in Moscow.

Xav400 - Original nick.
Came from my name, Xavier, and a randomly assigned, easy number for my first email account on hotmail. Stuck for quite a while.

Woa!!! You can never trust a guy who has an X in his name.  ;D
nah, just kidding.

Offline Neko13

• Insanity Incarnated
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 09:31:08 pm »
Picked mine when I started IRC... Needed an unused nick, and had just downloaded a program called Neko32 that let a cat run after you mousepointer :) Tried Neko, but that was in use... Ended up adding a dash to the nick to make it work... It kinda stuck after that :)

On Box however it kinda requested a number to be tagged along... Since Neko and Neko- were both in use already appearantly... That's where the 13 came in :)
I reject your reality, and substitute my own - Adam Savage

Offline yt1DER

• I, am a man.
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 03:40:08 am »
yt = white
1DER = wonder

White Wonder.

Don't ask. I don't even know.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:23:44 am by yt1DER »

Offline Keevtara

• I, I am a monument to all your sins.
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 04:01:54 am »
Euphemia - Current nick.
As above.

It all makes sense, now. I was confused in IRC.
Quote from: SpeedKills
Well, to be honest, my comments are almost always irrelevant, but once I type about three to four words of a post, my mind just kind of meanders around until I type the last sentence.  And lo, this is that sentence.

Offline Troak

• BxT Idol Judge
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 04:06:22 am »
I've had my share of nicks, mostly characters/monsters I liked from the Final Fantasy series.  Finally decided to be original and more or less arbitrarily created the name Troak Kinopi (just thought it sounded nice, and Troak rhymes with oak as in oak tree {for some reason I've had a lot of people think it was pronounced Tro-ak (it should be one syllable, not two)}.
Stuck with it ever since (not sure how long ago I made it, but it's been a while).

Offline kanavazk

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 04:15:44 am »
This was the last nickname I made up, when I was around eight or something. I really liked it so I kept it. It's meaningless.
Nobody's ever asked me but just in case you're wondering, my name is gibberish.

Offline dbml

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009, 04:21:19 am »
Well... dbml is short for "death by my love", which is a username I used on neopets (Yeah yeah, I know :P) way back when I was in high school. So uh, it came about from a girl I had a major crush on back then and one time I thought to myself, "Ugh. My love for her is gonna be the death of me". And hence dbml was created.

Offline lazydude

• Pikohan!
    • Scanlation Group
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2009, 04:28:40 am »
i was a retarded 12 year old at the time, pretty self-explanatory

Offline kureshii

• Former Staff
  • May typeset edited light novels if asked nicely.
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2009, 05:14:07 am »
Derivation from my old nick (which I used for a yahoo account), and I don't really have an explanation for it. When people ask I just tell them it's a cross between "kurushii" and "ureshii"

Disclaimer: I got this nick way before I'd even heard of Ureshii (now Frostii) fansubs

Offline geoffreak

• Yes I yam!
    • Anime Bite
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 05:53:50 am »
Well...
Back when I played a MMO called RuneScape I needed a username. I thought about it for a long time and decided to use the alias I had been using to sign up for hotmail accounts, Geoffrey Craft, as a basis. Thus, geoffreeee was born. Nonetheless, being a complete newb to the game, I thought I messed up in the beginning and needed to start over, so I decided to make a new account. From this mistake, geoffreak came to life and has been used ever since. I love how simple it is despite the fact that nobody has ever come up with it before.
I sometimes use kami-sama on IRC (rarely) as this is my second username I use when some faggot decides to use my totally awesome other username (case and point: geoffreak on myspace is NOT me).

Offline flyingbirdie

• kyun! :>
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2009, 12:46:35 pm »
It's because birds are very lucky to be flying everywhere they want and I haven't been outside my country until now [except for a couple of hours in Bulgaria, but that doesn't count because I was in a car almost the whole time]. And birdie sounds a little sweeter. :)
Goth!~Goth!~Loli!~Loli!

Offline BakaBT

• Admin
  • I am a system user, do not PM me
    • http://bakabt.me/
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2009, 01:16:36 pm »
Originally posted by Malus:

i was a retarded 12 year old at the time, pretty self-explanatory

lazy ass bastard.

And Nah Lij would mean? I mean it does sound like "knowledge"

ya ... tis was originally just Nah lol. I use the word a lot ... needed 6 letters for gmail emails :x came up with nahlij and used it ever since ... over a year ago i switched to Malus.

Malus - Latin translation: Evil. English translation: apple tree.

I'm 6'8" like a tree and my favorite fruit is apples! :D plus I'm fucking evil.

Offline my friends call me malo (nickname) its spanish translation of the same thing lol. Malus seems to suit me more.
I am a system user, do not PM me

Offline SirSkyRider

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2009, 01:45:04 pm »
Just thought it up once. Though I'm using it quite often, also in gaming networks like PSN or XBox Live.

I used to use "AnGer" as a nick, a composition of the first syllable of my first and last name, but so many people got it wrong when using it...

By the way, I hate it when people use web nicks in RL. If anyone from here happens to meet me in RL, NEVER EVER call me by my web nick!