Author Topic: Report Template Issues Here  (Read 26433 times)

Offline Finalizer

• The bomb diggity diggity
Re: new tamplate issue
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2009, 05:22:19 pm »
All I did was change the info boxes to relative positioning. Veranda was the default font from the start.

But whatever, as long as it freakin' works now. ;D

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2009, 06:45:25 pm »
Here's a fun fact - I just installed it and only Ubuntu (9 don't know about 8) had such problem....
Mandriva had no issues (thoe it's a different comp)

But the fix did it, only macros74 template doesn't fit into the boxes now....

Online macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2009, 06:57:24 pm »
Here's a fun fact - I just installed it and only Ubuntu (9 don't know about 8) had such problem....
Mandriva had no issues (thoe it's a different comp)

But the fix did it, only macros74 template doesn't fit into the boxes now....

Sigh...
Well, not now, maybe later... :(

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2009, 07:03:00 pm »
No I didn't mean it like that, I was just commenting on how it's just weird - Idk if it's only the latest release Ubuntu fault or GNOME or whatever....

Offline Mirgond

• Play Asia Affiliate Site
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2009, 07:06:56 pm »
Hm, i don't have any problems with the torrent discriptions anymore.... the fixes worked for me...
don't know about Ubuntu
Strange that you still have problems there...

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2009, 07:27:26 pm »
No no no the fixes worked, but macros74 didn't get to apply it yet... Other torrents are OK now...
I was only confirming a weird fact since I installed Ubuntu 9 a little while ago...
I can't believe they managed to simplify the installation even more...

It was peculiar that it works on Mandriva (kde 3), Windows but not on Ubuntu (gnome)

Offline Finalizer

• The bomb diggity diggity
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2009, 07:49:47 pm »
Okay, just to be absolutely certain, do my Code Geass and Kekkaishi descriptions look alright? I've updated them with the relative positioned info boxes.

Offline Xiong Chiamiov

• I'm gonna tolerate and love the SHIT out of you!
    • changedmy.name
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2009, 07:52:28 pm »
Alright, can anyone let me know if my offer is working right now? I had to keep absolute positioning on the title image & database links, or else the info boxes would be forced below them, but I doubt it'll be a problem.
It looks fine until I change the font size.

It was peculiar that it works on Mandriva (kde 3), Windows but not on Ubuntu (gnome)
It's much more likely an issue with the fonts that the different distros ship with, or the default font-sizes specified in whatever theme you're using, rather than being a KDE vs. gnome thing.
Projects of interest: nagi | sheska | bdg
Posts made between 2009-05-09 and 2011-08-26 were in the capacity of staff.  Please read accordingly.

Offline Mirgond

• Play Asia Affiliate Site
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2009, 08:08:02 pm »
Okay, just to be absolutely certain, do my Code Geass and Kekkaishi descriptions look alright? I've updated them with the relative positioned info boxes.

Both are fine

Offline Kurohige

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2009, 08:26:08 pm »

Yeah...they look alright. One more reason to keep using ubuntu :D. Thanks for taking care of this.

Online macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
Re: new template issue
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2009, 10:16:09 pm »
Yeah...they look alright. One more reason to keep using ubuntu :D. Thanks for taking care of this.
[/quote]

I'm curious about my descriptions, just to be sure:
http://www.boxtorrents.com/torrent/144897/Planetes_H264_KAA.html
http://www.boxtorrents.com/torrent/144860/Ghost_in_the_Shell_Stand_Alone_Complex_XviD_H264_KAA.html
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:58:32 pm by macros74 »

Offline Kurohige

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2009, 11:05:25 am »
They're all fine.

Offline ailailou

• My name is Lou. Ailailou.
    • MAL&MML.co
Re: New template issue
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2009, 07:43:42 pm »
Hm, I see that many of you use Kureshii's template.
I have a question concerning it. How can I make my description contain the screenshots in the body of the template? Like in Kureshii's original template. Even though I filled all the designated fields for the screenshots at the beginning, and not writing them myself after generating the code, I still get the screenshots outside and after the </html>.
Is it possible that Kureshii didn't included the original coding for positioning those screenshots as in the Rideback template while creating the template for general use?

To help you understand better what I'm asking for, I'll take Macros74 Planetes template above, If I may^^, and modify it a little in PS, modifying the position of the screenshots (as an example) similar to the original Rideback description:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:46:10 pm by ailailou »

Offline Lupin

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2009, 07:51:58 pm »
Those small images in kureshii's rideback description aren't screenshots. Kureshii posted his description in a thread before upping it as a template and he said there that those aren't screenshots.

You can place screenshots in the template but you need your own script to display them.

Offline ailailou

• My name is Lou. Ailailou.
    • MAL&MML.co
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2009, 08:01:33 pm »
Oh, I see now. Got it. Thanks for the info Lupin.^^

Offline kureshii

• Former Staff
  • May typeset edited light novels if asked nicely.
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2009, 06:31:43 am »
Template is now edited to use float instead of absolute positioning; it might take awhile for changes to be reflected on the site.

At this point I want to add that HTML Descriptions are not a prerequisite to getting an offer accepted. It saddens me to see torrent comments saying "If you're no good with HTML please use one of the existing templates". "Plain-text"/BBCode descriptions are perfectly acceptable (in fact, I even made a BBCode template for those who prefer simplicity). Jarudin included plenty of BBCode features that suffice for just about any sort of description, so there's no need to resort to HTML unless you really need that sort of flexibility for your description.

Simple, clean templates with the information properly laid out (example from psyren) are more than welcome. Screenshots for anime offers are necessary, but BBCode allows you to add them easily so you can in fact do it without any HTML use, if you so wish.

The templates were put up as a tool for those who like to pretty up their descriptions, yet might not have the time to make a description from scratch, but they are by no means Boxtorrent's "standard" way of making a torrent offer, nor are they the only acceptable means. So I would like to ask that torrent commenters be more accommodating towards plain descriptions. While the templates do help newer uploaders with regards to filling out video/audio information and other required information, it is still no substitute for reading the Wiki, and the templates are never meant to be replacements for wiki-reading.

I'll be putting up a series of guides for "advanced" description-making; basically consisting of optional considerations such as proper use of JPGs, image-resizing and how to avoid it, making an effective themed description, etc. I'm no expert on the subject matter and am basing the information on what I've read and tried out, so I hope people with more experience in these areas can help correct me if I say anything incorrect.

Lastly I just want to add that these extra guides are meant as leisure reading for uploaders who care about their descriptions, and are not prerequisite reading. In other words, we're not going to reject your torrents just because you didn't read the guide :) But I do hope that these guidelines will help make torrent descriptions slimmer, cleaner and more effective.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:51:00 pm by kureshii »

Offline Xiong Chiamiov

• I'm gonna tolerate and love the SHIT out of you!
    • changedmy.name
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2009, 12:51:49 am »
I do hope that these guidelines will help make torrent descriptions slimmer, cleaner and more effective.
Yes!  Slimmer + cleaner => more effective, imo.
Projects of interest: nagi | sheska | bdg
Posts made between 2009-05-09 and 2011-08-26 were in the capacity of staff.  Please read accordingly.

Offline Godfoster

Re: Report Template Issues Here
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2009, 09:53:08 am »
kureshii,

Since it might not be immediately obvious, as noted here, could you add some comments into your Simple BBCode OST Template indicating that the dimensions on the floating sections may need to be adjusted based on your image size?  Thanks!

Also, the links in your previous post point to the old domain.  >_>  Also...  HOLY GODS your Advanced Guide is long.  @_@

Offline kureshii

• Former Staff
  • May typeset edited light novels if asked nicely.
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2009, 07:52:20 pm »
Links fixed. I'd add comments to the BBCode descriptions if there's a way to not make them show up in the template... for the time being I'll just put them in, I guess.

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2009, 02:01:09 pm »
I was thinking, couldn't you add another field into the template generator (for the simple bbcode) - Enter picture width, and according to that the template generates the text offset?