Author Topic: **Request to add clients to the whitelist here | READ 1ST POST BEFORE POSTING!**  (Read 358028 times)

Offline Dro77

i don't understand why should we go back all the way to the first versions of the utorrent when obviously most people have the latest version and it's a lot safer to download it from their site instead of searching anonymous sites

Online Al_Sleeper

Please read some statistics. Most people have Xunlei instead of uTorrent, therefore your argument is moot.

Offline Tornado15550

I've been using uTorrent 3.4.X for a little over a month now and using it to seed AnimeBytes torrents. The software works quite well. All the ads can be disabled, the ram usage isn't that bad, and the disk overloaded issue has been fixed. The client is quite stable in my opinion. I haven't noticed any seeding or downloading issues either. It performs as well as uTorrent 2.2 did.

Here's a screenshot (the UI looks very similar to previous versions. It isn't bloated and ad-infested like you mentioned. It actually looks quite sleek.):

I agree that uTorrent 3.3.X was terrible. The thing crashed as soon as I attempted to download a big torrent, and would often freeze my entire OS (the only fix was a hard reboot). It was bug infested and gave me many issues (drove me back to 2.2 for a while), but it seems that the devs are finally realizing that if they don't fix the software, people will move to another client. 3.4.X is a step in the right direction, and I hope that this continues.

All I ask is for the staff to give 3.4 a second chance. Also, I realize both AnimeBytes and BakaBT are two different websites, but Animebytes (private anime torrent site with similar bittorrent client rules as BakaBT) doesn't seem to have any issues with uTorrent 3.4.2 as they have whitelisted it for a while and nobody has reported any issues with it on the forum.

Also, please please note that I'm not trying to argue or anger any of the staff. I love you guys and love this website far too much for starting petty wars and arguments.

Offline Kyrdua

• I have no idea what i'm doing.
    • Lunatic Red (A member there XD)
I've been using uTorrent 3.4.X for a little over a month now and using it to seed AnimeBytes torrents. The software works quite well. All the ads can be disabled, the ram usage isn't that bad, and the disk overloaded issue has been fixed. The client is quite stable in my opinion. I haven't noticed any seeding or downloading issues either. It performs as well as uTorrent 2.2 did.

Here's a screenshot (the UI looks very similar to previous versions. It isn't bloated and ad-infested like you mentioned. It actually looks quite sleek.):

uTorrent betas will not be whitelisted unless we have a very good reason.  Please do not request them!

Have a nice day! =]
~MarchHare

this could obviously be outdated. but i'm pretty sure "nice UI" and "no bloat and crash" are not enough of an argument. I'm no expert though.
 signature: [email protected]: Cinderella Girls -- Kanzaki Ranko My Links | MyAnimelist

Offline Tornado15550

Oh, shoot. I didn't realize I took a screenshot of the beta version. I was talking about the stable 3.4.2 which isn't whitelisted, so my post still stands.

Offline ryrynz

All I ask is for the staff to give 3.4 a second chance.

They haven't given it a single chance. It's basically in review limbo.

I was going to mention the animebytes whitlisting also (nobody else seems to have a problem with it) but that's fairly obvious to anyone paying attention.

Offline ConsiderPhlebas

• CP @ Live-eviL
  • Awards Award for multiple donations to Kiva charity. Award for donating to Kiva charity.
    • Live-eviL
This is a topic for whitelist requests, not discussion.

Offline minusf

I would like to request btpd, BitTorrent protocol daemon. It is a client written entirely in C for the purpose of being a daemon. I feel that it has a place for long term seeders and *nix power users due to its simple cli and low profile. Additionally other trackers like What already whitelist btpd, so the staff here can rest assured that it is well-behaved.

i would like to second this request.  btpd and aria2 are very good command line
torrent clients.  btpd is especially well suited for ultra long term torrent seeding,
it is very low profile and spartan but good with resources. other big sites like
karagarga whitelisted it as well. please consider whitelisting.

Offline ligerzero4

BitTorrent 7.9.2 (build 32128 32-bit ver)
@.@ cant download <///3

Offline hokloksill

utorrent 3.4.2 please

Offline 12laus

• Staff
Please please please please why can't people read!?!?!

If you read the first post, which has been stated IN CAPS on the Subject then you will have realised that asking for new uTorrent and BitTorrent versions will not lead to any good.

Both users above have received 15 day warnings. I'm hesitant to go to the full 30.

Offline SANPH

Please read some statistics. Most people have Xunlei instead of uTorrent, therefore your argument is moot.

That is only because Xunlei is a chinese-language client that works on multiple platforms including Android. Chinese-speaking people represent the largest number of digital device users in the world, by race/language.

Xunlei is a horrible client and the company openly admitted last year that they were bundling MALWARE with it. It also uses useragent spoofing and other identity spoofing to bypass controls like whitelists and bans.

Pure statistics are meaningless without controls on the interpretation of said statistics.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:24:01 pm by SANPH »

Offline Ivon

• ...the Shadow knows.
    • Illutian
While uTorrent 3.4.1 and above is still under review.

Users of this site who wish to continue using uTorrent and don't want to download and install another Torrent Client. You can grab qBittorrent v3.1.9.2 (confirmed to be working as of this post) from PortableApps (if it's got a 'z' run away!).

Both apps run in a self-contained EXE. So you won't need to install anything. :)

Remember to do a Forced Re-check if you switch; don't need to tank your ratios!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall. - Confucius

Offline Miyasute

well, I apparently have just recently upgraded my utorrent and it is now 3.4.2 and I am quite new to this torrent thing so I didnt know that versions may affect the download so I hope that it will soon be able to download some anime unless you can kindly instruct another option to solve this whitelist unavailability of  tracker and etc.
thanks~! ;D

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
Downgrade (and disable autoupdate), or choose a different client.  There ya go.

Offline luis3007

Please kindly point a trusted website where I can download the 3.3.1 client without mucking my PC. I get it that the staff has lives to live and can't be bothered to check the 3.4.x clients but at least they could post links for download once the official site stops offering it.

PS: the thread for discussion of clients was closed and it included a warning against new threads created for that matter, so I bring my question here.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 05:32:57 am by luis3007 »
--
Oderint dum metuant

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
Please kindly point a trusted website where I can download the 3.3.1 client without mucking my PC. I get it that the staff has lives to live and can't be bothered to check the 3.4.x clients but at least they could post links for download once the official site stops offering it.

PS: the thread for discussion of clients was closed and it included a warning against new threads created for that matter, so I bring my question here.
Kindly refer to the very first sticky posted in the "Need help? ask here" subforum, where one conceivably might expect such assistance to be located.  The title "Get old version of torrent clients HERE" is a clue, I'll warrant.  Additionally, this link may prove to be a useful resource in the future, for this type of question.

Would you like to guess why the discussion thread was closed? ::)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 06:13:01 am by Bozobub »

Offline soulnet

uTorrent 3.3.2, please.

PS. I read first post, last 10 pages of this topic, other 2 topics about non-whitelisted client. Except for mods whining about how bad 3.3.2 is, there is no sensible reason given to blacklist latest version of this client.

Online Duki3003

• Admin
And it shouldn't come as any surprise to why you were warned for that post.
I'm closing this topic again.

uT 3.3.2 & Bittorrent 7.8.2 and up are blacklisted until further notice.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:31:48 am by Duki3003 »