Author Topic: **Request to add clients to the whitelist here | READ 1ST POST BEFORE POSTING!**  (Read 358172 times)

Offline Lya112

Re: ***Request to add clients to the whitelist here***
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 10:07:50 pm »
I'ld like to know if older version of Azureus are going to be on the whitelist, ex Azureus 2.3.0.4...
I use this version because it's quite easy, I tried Vuze and found it less user friendly. I know it's and old version, like my pc or my bandwith 1024/128, I'ld like to know if my azureus version is known to "abuse" tracker, and if it's not could it be possibly put on the whitelist...I'm certainly not the best sharer but I try to be online 24/24...
So please help...

Offline animesc3

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 10:18:39 pm »
azureus 2.3.x
I really don't like anything else or the new versions of azureus.

Offline otakguy

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2009, 11:49:34 pm »
I just don't understand why mac uTorrent version 0.9.1.2 (15399) isn't on the whitelist

it's a beta... (tho there isn't a non-beta mac version available yet... :/)

As far as the whole blacklist vs. whitelist argument goes... no matter which way you go on this someone's toes are going to get stepped on.  However, blacklists are damned near impossible to maintain (and not very effective, given the effort needed to maintain them).  I really don't think the staff is asking for too much with the new whitelist policy, especially considering there's a decent variety of clients to pick from.

Offline picchu

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2009, 01:46:27 am »
I am against this but hopefully the staff will keep up with the updates and changes people constantly make. If this is done then I see no conflicts/problems.

I would appreciate it if Halite v 0.3.1 could be added. If not please let me know.

Thank you

Offline eternalsword

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2009, 01:47:35 am »
If you want a more concrete example of why deluge 1.2.0-dev should be on the whitelist, just look at http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/980

Offline rhaianinion

• Overall Otaku!
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2009, 02:08:28 am »

(..)
Added eCTorrent 3.2

--Jarudin--

Wow!!! :D Thank you very very much Jarudin/Everyone! This made me really happy! :)
Yay! But then right now, I'm having some issues when connecting to the tracker.
Even though I'm using Enhanced Ctorrent 3.2, I'm still having the error while connecting.

TRACKER FAILURE REASON: use of this client is not allowed on our tracker, please see http://bakabt.me/whitelist.php

Here are the details of the Enhanced Ctorrent 3.2 that I'm using.
Peer ID prefix ("-CD0302-")
User-Agent header ("Enhanced-CTorrent/dnh3.2")

I hope those details might be found useful for allowing the said torrent client to the tracker :)

Thanks and Good Day!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:37:45 am by rhaianinion »

Kimi dake wo, kimi dake wo suki de ita yo...

Offline Zaos

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2009, 02:18:28 am »
Hey there.

I am using a bittorrent client built into a Netgear Readynas NV+ unit - can leave it on 24/7 where my PCs tend to get turned off.  Its no longer connecting.  Not certain how it reports itself, had a quick look about, found:

http://www.readynas.com/forum/faq.php#What_BitTorrent_client_is_on_my_ReadyNAS%3F

"The ReadyNAS BitTorrent client will appear as "BitTorrent SDK 2.0" to other clients. The BitTorrent SDK for Devices is the official BitTorrent release for embedded devices representing the latest in BitTorrent protocol enhancements and compatible with all standard PC clients."

Possible to add?

Offline rhaianinion

• Overall Otaku!
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2009, 04:20:58 am »
ok guys im having problem connecting to tracker with >> http://torrentfreak.com/review-the-wireless-bittorrent-router/ Asus Router that i have (with bittorrent support)... and its like.. nope its not conencting to tracker.. its like its being forbidden to access...

hope you fix this guys... thx
Hi dnniwa485,
I guess you need to mod your router too. Install oleg firmware and install enhanced ctorrent :)
the download master on your router is buggy and does not report well to the tracker. :(

Kimi dake wo, kimi dake wo suki de ita yo...

Offline Seladian

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2009, 04:40:09 am »
why BitComet is banned ?  I always using BitComet 0.70 ... I know that other versions are banned many times ... but nobody banned versions 0.70 :P (sorry for my eng:P)

Offline dak360

• BaenCD Torrents
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2009, 05:24:06 am »
Any chance of getting Tomato Torrent 1.5b1 approved?

It is the latest client I have been able to find that will work on OS X 10.3.

(From what I can tell it is native gui wrapped around the mainline code.)

Offline hcf

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2009, 06:40:12 am »
ABC (Another Bittorrent Client) v3.1

If possible I'd like to continue using this client as I have been very satisfied with it. I haven't checked for newer versions but I didn't see any versions on the whitelist so if you could add the newest one I can always upgrade. Anyways thanks and keep up the good work.
ABC is outdated, so we most likely won't be adding it to our whitelist. sorry.

I still use ABC as well.  It is reasonably stable, has no security vulnerabilities as far as I am aware, runs on my old machine, and has all the features I want (upload and download).  May I second the request for ABC?

(First forum post!)

Offline MaGaO

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2009, 09:10:52 am »
ABC (Another Bittorrent Client) v3.1

If possible I'd like to continue using this client as I have been very satisfied with it. I haven't checked for newer versions but I didn't see any versions on the whitelist so if you could add the newest one I can always upgrade. Anyways thanks and keep up the good work.
ABC is outdated, so we most likely won't be adding it to our whitelist. sorry.
Outdated? Unless the protocol has changed, it is just old. But if it is just old and "just works" (TM) and it doesn't mess with the tracker, I don't see the problem in adding it to the whitelist  ;)

Offline youli

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2009, 09:18:46 am »
Please add Official 4.4.0 to the whitelist.
My window to the torrent world exists in a text environment.
No fancy libraries are available for me to compile any versions newer than this.

At the moment, I can't seed anymore.
Thanks

Offline Anth

• Something
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2009, 12:52:15 pm »
Hi~
I've been here for several years (although I recreated my account sometime last year) from early BoxTorrents through BakaBT, though I've never actually used the forums before.  I suppose this is as good a time as any.  I've read through all of the posts in this section.  Not to step on any toes, but basically, if I continue to use BitLord, I am forced to discontinue use of the community?  It seems a bit unsettling, after all this time, to stop using it like this -- but if that's how it is, that's how it is.

Offline Sosseres

• A problem well stated is a problem half solved.
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2009, 01:23:41 pm »
Hi~
I've been here for several years (although I recreated my account sometime last year) from early BoxTorrents through BakaBT, though I've never actually used the forums before.  I suppose this is as good a time as any.  I've read through all of the posts in this section.  Not to step on any toes, but basically, if I continue to use BitLord, I am forced to discontinue use of the community?  It seems a bit unsettling, after all this time, to stop using it like this -- but if that's how it is, that's how it is.

Bitlord won't be white listed.

Offline Godfoster

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2009, 02:48:30 pm »
Hi, im using Bittorrent 6.2. is it ok to use it??
Official BitTorrent client 6.2 should be okay.  It is on the whitelist about halfway down.  If you have problems torrenting, you can post a thread in the Torrent/Tracker Issues section.

Offline jhenhelhyn

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2009, 02:50:34 pm »
Hi, im using Bittorrent 6.2. is it ok to use it? ???

Offline Godfoster

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2009, 02:52:09 pm »
Hi, im using Bittorrent 6.2. is it ok to use it? ???
Refer to my earlier post.  You should be fine.

Hi, im using Bittorrent 6.2. is it ok to use it??
Official BitTorrent client 6.2 should be okay.  It is on the whitelist about halfway down.  If you have problems torrenting, you can post a thread in the Torrent/Tracker Issues section.

Offline gandalf

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2009, 07:48:30 pm »
I'm running CentOS 5.3
I'm currently using Official 4.0.1 and my 20 or so seeds dropped.

Looking around I'm only finding Offical 5.3 as the latest for Linux. It's the *.gz files.
http://download.bittorrent.com/dl/

It's less work for me to stay with 4, but I could upgrade to 5 if it's somehow better, but I don't see any version 6 for Linux at all. Am I missing something? Myself I like to leave a bunch of torrents seeding so I can use up some of my 500gb of serving bandwidth and I'm dead in the water now.

Offline Jarudin

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2009, 08:15:34 pm »
Looking around I'm only finding Offical 5.3 as the latest for Linux. It's the *.gz files.
Added

--Jarudin--