Author Topic: **Request to add clients to the whitelist here | READ 1ST POST BEFORE POSTING!**  (Read 358591 times)

Offline gandalf

Re: ***Request to add clients to the whitelist here***
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2009, 09:56:35 pm »
I'm so sorry after saying that and trying to upgrade I found that 4.4.0-1 is the latest version that is made for CentOS 5 / Red Hat Elite 5. Looks like the 5.3 version is for Mac. I had to install two dependency packages as it was. I've tested it and re-written my scripts to use the new version. Looks like it's working on a couple of SARS torrents.

Looking around I'm only finding Offical 5.3 as the latest for Linux. It's the *.gz files.
Added

--Jarudin--

Offline picchu

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2009, 02:00:10 am »
Hello once again..

I am still wondering if Halite can be accepted or not. I have about ten files on hold from seeding right now. Please let me know as soon as you can. If it sadly can not could someone give me a good alternative from the "accepted list" I would greatly appreciate it.

It is a simple client not many use. I personally started using it years ago. http://www.binarynotions.com/halite-bittorrent-client

Offline ticorj

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2009, 02:08:32 am »
Ctorrent dnh3.3.2 is being blocked but it's on the whitelist.

What can be happening? ???

Thanks Ticorj

Offline Logicfox

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2009, 02:20:31 am »
Hi Jarudin,
I'm using enhanced ctorrent with the User-Agent header "Enhanced-CTorrent/dnh3.2"
I've been using this client for a year now and is mostly accepted by most trackers that bans other torrent clients. :)
Also this client is not a beta version and does not report incorrect stats to a tracker.

Please if possible, allow this torrent client :)
thank you very much!

Hey, second, using Ctorrent enhanced for iPhone. With client set to "Enhanced-CTorrent/dnh3.2" and peer I'd set to "CD0302". Support appriciated, thanks.

Offline fxseraph

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2009, 03:44:09 am »
Can you please add BitComet 0.70 Stable Release for Windows 2000/XP to the whitelist, thanks.

Offline AngelsCry

« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2009, 06:08:31 am »
I like to use uTorrent 1.7.5. Any chance of getting that one back on the whitelist?

Offline chaosqueued

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2009, 10:40:15 am »
I'm using ĀµTorrent 0.9.1.2 Beta for OSX. I'm getting the "Failure: use of this client in not allowed by this tracker"

Is it possible for the OSX versions of the ĀµTorrent software to be put on the whitelist?

Offline walkercolt44

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2009, 10:56:32 am »
Is ABC 3.1 going to be added to the white list?  Yah, it's old, but it works.  I've used it for a long time, and would like to keep on using it...

Offline ufh23

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2009, 08:29:40 pm »
any comments on Halite? will it be added? if not then maybe a few words explaining why :)

thanks

Offline vassorado

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2009, 09:35:14 pm »
will free download manager (fdm) 3.0 came to white list?

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

its gpl and its working great for me

Offline LightsOut

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2009, 10:18:56 pm »
So does this mean that Bittorrent isn't allowed? The reason why I'm asking again, is because I have the newest version, but it's still called Bittorrent... So is there something I'm missing?

Ps. I did read before where you said to get the updated version, that's kinda why I'm asking
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 10:22:46 pm by LightsOut »

Offline Jarudin

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2009, 10:47:00 pm »
So does this mean that Bittorrent isn't allowed? The reason why I'm asking again, is because I have the newest version, but it's still called Bittorrent... So is there something I'm missing?

Ps. I did read before where you said to get the updated version, that's kinda why I'm asking
We list it as 'Official'.

--Jarudin--

Offline LightsOut

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2009, 10:54:07 pm »

We list it as 'Official'.

--Jarudin--

Hehehehe, I see that now. Thank you Very Much. ^.^

Offline Jarudin

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2009, 11:58:43 pm »
I don't see a problem in adding a BeOS client. What client/peer_id(s)?

I doubt you left because of BitComet drama ^^ religious wars, although entertaining, aren't very practical.

Although you may be computer savvy enough to distinguish between Shareaza and libtorrent, in fact most people aren't. The whitelist should help these people.
Most people I talked to that were using BitComet got it 'from a friend' and most were more than happy to switch to Azureus or uTorrent. We can't please everyone.

--Jarudin--

Offline cloudsora

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2009, 01:47:12 am »
yeah I'd like to ask that Bitlord be moved to the whitelist because I've been using it for a long ass time now and I like it the best out of the 4-5 i've tried and I used to torrent from you guys when you were boxtorrents, also I have a habit of letting torrents get to 1.2 for u/d rate so im not a leecher.
PLLZZ I dont wanna have to use another torrent program just for your sites torrents

Offline picchu

« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2009, 03:33:23 am »
Could someone tell me if Halite can be accepted or not? Even if it is pending could I please get some form of response on its status?

Halite was created around the whole utorrent switch/buy out. It is basically made for that purpose to be a copy like utorrent without the worry of what utorrent became or can become. It is very simple with basic features and I have been using it since the beginning.

Offline ayongaz

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2009, 08:45:29 am »
Since this thread has advanced some pages and there still hasn't been an answer for my previous post, I'd like to bump my request for BitSpirit 3.5.0.275 for whitelisting.

To reiterate:
I believe the inclusion of BitSpirit in the old Wiki's Accepted list is not a mistake. The accusation that BitSpirit is based off BitComet is unfounded, AFAICT it reports statistics correctly (comparing program information to my tracked stats) and doesn't do the multiple connect -drop- connect request BitComet was so known for (which causes the swarm imbalance). The program remains actively developed, bugfixed and improved, and all official installers have been free of mal/ad/spyware and stable.

In my past trials, utorrent has produced higher overall CPU time.
... snip ...
It (BitSpirit) should be whitelisted; it's not a problematic or dirty client in the slightest.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:49:07 am by ayongaz »

Offline MarchHare

• Former Staff
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2009, 08:48:55 am »
we might consider bitspirit, but whether its added or not will have to wait. no guaruntees. personally i don't know jack about bitspirit.

to those that complain that they don't want to click a simple "update" button, Jarudin has already spoken about this.
http://forums.bakabt.me/index.php?topic=19305.msg4321174#msg4321174

@modsyn: i'm sorry for being harsh, but i simply don't see the point of not upgrading to the newest version of uT 1.8.x
if i'm honest, i still use uT 1.7.7 simply because i like the ability to scrape the tracker whenever i want. still, i don't see any reason why a person would stick with 1.8.1 and not simply upgrade.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:53:04 am by MarchHare »

Offline iamsoonoob

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2009, 09:05:15 am »
so how about torrentflux server???coz i using them currently.

Offline otakguy

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2009, 09:18:57 am »
so how about torrentflux server???coz i using them currently.

If I remember right torrentflux uses bittornado 0.3.x which is on the whitelist... so it should be fine.  If your torrents are connecting you're good to go :]