Author Topic: Alert Baka. Funimation/NISA acquires new titles.  (Read 93405 times)

Offline OZC

Re: Alert Baka. Funi now acquires new titles.
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2009, 05:03:06 am »
My only problem with Funi's BD releases is their choices of features to cut. When I picked up FMP: TSR, I hadn't seen it yet and was looking forward to the audio commentary that was on all 12 episodes (according to someone who owned the DVD's). Except, it turns out, the BD set is based on the re-release of TSR and not the original DVD's, and as such, lack the commentary, as well as some bookets that were included with the original DVD release. I don't mind that they cut stuff on the DVD re-release, since I'm assuming it was cheaper than the original release, but I really think the BD's should have included at least the audio commentary. Now, if I want the commentary, I have to get the original DVD's and either rip the BD's and mux in the commentary, taking up space on my hard drive for something I already have a physical copy of, or just say forget it and not have them.

Considering the storage space on a BD, I really can't see any excuse for cutting something like that, especially because now, people buying the show for the first time on BD are missing out on features. I just hope they'll change how the handle extras like that on future releases.

Offline Daiz

• 10-bit Librarian
    • Underwater
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2009, 11:03:09 am »
Well, some of FUNimation's C&D procedures are quite understandable reasons for hatred... Take Seto no Hanayome for example. Back during its airing in 2007, FUNimation started sending C&Ds about halfway through the show with no sign of FUNi actually licensing the show. Almost two years later in early 2009 they announce that they've licensed it under the name My bride is a Mermaid, and now in late 2009 there's still not even any kind of date for the FUNi boxset release.

Considering that because of this situation the last few episodes still two years later have only Your-Mom subs available it's pretty understandable why fans of the show would have a hatred towards FUNi.

Offline agentspliff

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2009, 06:03:22 am »
C&Ds aren't much a of a sign of health.  In fact, given that ADV and Geneon/Pioneer used to be the major distributors of said before Funi... well...

Offline Zalis116

• Box Fansubs
    • ReDone-Subs Founder & Sole Member
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2009, 10:48:03 am »
C&Ds aren't much a of a sign of health.  In fact, given that ADV and Geneon/Pioneer used to be the major distributors of said before Funi... well...
I can't recall hearing about any C&D letters ever being sent out by Geneon/Pioneer. Which is really surprising, because Geneon used to license a lot of shows before they even started airing on Japanese TV. IIRC Tenjou Tenge, ROD TV, Gungrave, Haibane Renmei, Gun x Sword, Shakugan no Shana, Fate/Stay Night, Ergo Proxy, Hellsing Ultimate (licensed before Japanese OVA release), Hanaukyo Maids La Verite, Koi Kaze, L/R Licensed by Royalty, I My Me Strawberry Eggs, and probably others I'm forgetting about were all pre-licensed. And fansubs for pretty much all of them were created and can be found on BBT today. Well, except for L/R and IMMSE, but fansubs of them do exist.

Got any old fansubs on HDD/DVD/CD? Please take a look at this thread.

Offline bakakid

• the psychotic crossdress with punish you!!
    • KI-HO DVDrips
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2010, 01:13:07 am »
WTF?!?!? Sekirei?!? O_O this is new for me.. FUNi licenses Sekirei, a harem bomb -serie. :S Im really scared to hear the dubs..
I thought Ikki-Tousen's dub was pretty good, so there's certainly a possibility that Sekirei's dub will also turn out well.

I just pwned FUNI, I just downloaded S1 of FMP, S2 coming soon from IRC, and S3 I already got ^^. Sekirei I had for months already.
Same here, almost... joke's on Funimation, I already got ADV's releases of FMP! and Fumoffu, so I won't be buying Funi's re-releases. And I uploaded the SD/h264 TV-rip version of Sekirei awhile back, never bothered to get a DVD version. So I've still got that if I need it.

a) Ikki-Tousen's dub was when Geneon had the license, you can look it up on ANN b) Do I need to remind y'all that FUNi does have both Negima anime along with the Haru/Natsu OVAs, those dubs are pretty darn good, considering the fact that there's a ton of doubling in the show. As for re-releases, I'm hoping to scour RightStuf's Bargain bin for stuff that has been released, do not want the eyecancer they are releasing *cries over the ugly that is the Ouran dvds* You might also want to check out FUNi's blog for the host of licenses they've acquired and are releasing. Seems like they are jumping on more and more stuff as of late...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 01:24:52 am by bakakid »
I try to consider everyone when I do things, but sometimes, you just gotta say FU to the world, and do it the way you want it ^^

Offline isukianime

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2010, 02:36:00 pm »
damn it...just as I was about to make an offer for the sacred blacksmith...funi licenses it.

The North American anime distributor Funimation has announced on Friday that it licensed 52 episodes of the Hetalia - Axis Powers historical comedy anime and The Sacred Blacksmith fantasy adventure anime.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-01-08/funimation-gets-hetalia-the-sacred-blacksmith-anime

These 2 torrents need to be deleted too.

The North American anime distributor Funimation has announced on Thursday that it is releasing the Jyūshin Enbu - Hero Tales television anime series and the Master of Martial Hearts (Zettai Shougeki ~Platonic Heart~) video anime series. Jyūshin Enbu - Hero Tales will ship in half-season sets starting this fall, while Master of Martial Hearts will ship in one DVD set in spring of 2011.

http://bakabt.me/146124-jy-shin-enbu-hero-tales-kuroneko-animebreaker.html

http://bakabt.me/144041-zettai-shogeki-platonic-heart-h264-chihiro.html

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 02:42:59 pm by isukianime »

Offline Xiong Chiamiov

• I'm gonna tolerate and love the SHIT out of you!
    • changedmy.name
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 06:08:16 am »
These 2 torrents need to be deleted too.
In the future, use the torrent report feature.
Projects of interest: nagi | sheska | bdg
Posts made between 2009-05-09 and 2011-08-26 were in the capacity of staff.  Please read accordingly.

Offline isukianime

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2010, 10:27:50 pm »
this is on the do not upload list but is on the tracker..is there a mistake with the list?

http://bakabt.me/129980-kyou-kara-maou-god-save-our-king-aone-ani-kraze.html

Offline macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2010, 10:31:22 pm »
It seems FUNimation only has distribution rights.

Edit: huh, FUNimation has licensed season 2 (taken over from ADV)? It's all a bit unclear to me.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 10:34:45 pm by macros74 »

Offline blubart

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2010, 11:20:36 pm »
as far as i could gather funimation only has distribution rights for the second season, while both a licensed by Geneon. ADV has nothing to do with it as far as i know.

Offline macros74

• Staff
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2010, 09:34:08 pm »
Bye, bye, Chrome Shelled Regios...

And: Gun X Sword, Chaos;HEAd, Rideback, Heaven’s Lost Property

Offline captiosus

• The Wings Elite
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2010, 09:44:18 pm »
And RTV (both seasons) and Sora no Otoshimono

Well, there goes my uploaded torrent

Offline blubart

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2010, 09:47:06 pm »
R+V somehow isn't listed on Funimations Blog (the only official Funi source i can access) thus i haven't deleted it yet. is there a source besides ANN for that?

(and Sora no Otoshimono is btw. Heaven’s Lost Property)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 09:49:49 pm by blubart »

Offline macros74

• Staff
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2010, 09:49:38 pm »
Lost two torrents as well, enough left though... ;)
I was planning to download Sora from here, oh well, that's what you get for waiting, a hunting we go...

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2010, 09:56:29 pm »
Good thing we got it up before this happened after all (YuS). Guess I don't need to keep on the lookout for v2s then. ;D

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2010, 04:15:28 am »
Damn. Now I have to go find stuff outside of BakaBT D:

And Takeshi: What are these v2s you speak of?

Offline Xtras

• ~
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2010, 05:53:03 am »
Dang, seems this thread I created is serving a broader purpose than I had in mind. Excellent. Safe from extinction BBT= happy Xtras
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:51:42 pm by Xtras »

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2010, 06:13:03 am »
Stickied. Be even happier, xtras ;)

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2010, 12:26:12 pm »
And Takeshi: What are these v2s you speak of?
Yuurisan's episodes for Chrome Shelled Regios. It was approved here without v2s. I was supposed to swap 'em in, but now I don't have to. ;D

Offline Goroshi-sama

• nope.avi
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2010, 12:40:30 pm »
Good thing we got it up before this happened after all (YuS). Guess I don't need to keep on the lookout for v2s then. ;D
if only we would have done same to Birdy the Mighty Decode S1

WHAT STICKY :O

they see me rollin', they hatin'..