Author Topic: Alert Baka. Funimation/NISA acquires new titles.  (Read 93407 times)

Offline isukianime

Re: Alert Baka. Funi now acquires new titles.
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2010, 12:48:54 pm »
if my any of my HD crash i'm SOL since it's going to be hard finding these versions.  >:(

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2010, 01:45:25 pm »
And Takeshi: What are these v2s you speak of?
Yuurisan's episodes for Chrome Shelled Regios. It was approved here without v2s. I was supposed to swap 'em in, but now I don't have to. ;D
Oh damn. Where can I find said v2s? Are they in Yuurisan's batch?

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2010, 02:01:23 pm »
I don't think they've been released yet, they're taking their sweet time with them. I just hope they won't stop working on them now that Funi has appeared.

Offline newy

• Staff
  • Yack...Deculture!
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2010, 02:06:32 pm »
I don't think they've been released yet, they're taking their sweet time with them. I just hope they won't stop working on them now that Funi has appeared.

Sarai-ya Goyou, 'nuff said ;) Don't you think, Takeshi?
I knew nothing of the outside world. I was just a frog in a well.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2010, 02:10:30 pm »

Sarai-ya Goyou, 'nuff said ;) Don't you think, Takeshi?
Oh yeah, didn't quite think of that. :P
There's just usually trouble when group subs something Funi has (Soul Eater, Sengoku Basara).

regardless, back to waiting for v2s

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2010, 04:56:20 pm »
Oh, no wonder I hadn't heard of them before now :x

Offline Goroshi-sama

• nope.avi
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2010, 11:19:09 pm »
and so we have lost ANOTHER great one, Rainbow.. :( please god, let FroZen keep it in their list even though the licensing..

they see me rollin', they hatin'..

Offline Zalis116

• Box Fansubs
    • ReDone-Subs Founder & Sole Member
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2010, 07:27:48 am »
Hmm, of course the most recent spate of acquisitions had to come when I was out of town for the weekend. Luckily, I managed to snag Ayako's Regios and Frostii's Rideback 480p without too much trouble. Still need Retrofit's R+V to replace the XviD/DTV-rips, though.

Anyway, I came across this:

On that note, the panellist revealed there will be a number of new license rescues to announce over the convention season including more from Geneon at the upcoming Anime Expo.
In order of probability by category, my predictions for possible Funimation licenses from Geneon's titles are:

1) Ecchi titles: Tenjou Tenge, DearS, Girls Bravo, Hand Maid May, I My Me Strawberry Eggs, Hanaukyo Maid Team La Verite, Melody of Oblivion (longshot)
* They already got Ikki-Tousen, and other ecchi shows like Daphne in the Brilliant Blue and Popotan have been re-licensed by Sentai.

2) Titles that had some mainstream exposure: Tenchi Muyo, Armitage III, ROD TV, Disgaea (for game connection), Cardcaptor Sakura (longshot)
* They already have Trigun, plus FLCL from Synch point.

3) Gonzo titles: Hellsing TV, Gatekeepers, Gatekeepers 21
* Every Gonzo show once released by Geneon is now with Funimation, except for those three.

4) Respected/high-class shows: Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, Paranoia Agent, Texhnolyze
* If they think there's enough fan demand for them and the costs are low enough.

So if anyone's in a "get it before it's gone" mood, take those titles as suggestions. Again, I don't have a crystal ball or anything. I just like to think I understand R1 companies' behavior.

"Safe" titles that probably won't get re-licensed by Funimation or anyone else:
Old/obscure 90s stuff (although Nozomi picked up El Hazard: Wanderers, so you never know...)
Loli/slice-of-life shows (Strawberry Marshmallow, Doki Doki School Hours, etc.)
Titles that seriously bombed in the R1 sales numbers (Fighting Spirit, Rumiko Takahashi Anthology, Cybuster, Demon Lord Dante, Master Keaton, Koi Kaze, plenty of others)

« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 07:18:27 am by Zalis116 »

Got any old fansubs on HDD/DVD/CD? Please take a look at this thread.

Offline macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2010, 05:14:07 pm »
Checks days left until Anime Expo 2010 --> about three weeks
Checks wishlist (was getting a bit long) with regard to above list --> about 60 GB
So, well....  ;)

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2010, 05:20:25 pm »
Still need Retrofit's R+V to replace the XviD/DTV-rips, though.
What about Seto Otaku's BDrips?

Offline Zalis116

• Box Fansubs
    • ReDone-Subs Founder & Sole Member
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2010, 05:59:49 pm »
Still need Retrofit's R+V to replace the XviD/DTV-rips, though.
What about Seto Otaku's BDrips?
Remember, me = SDfag + Old PC = can't play BDrips, at least not very well.

Quote from: macros74
Checks wishlist (was getting a bit long) with regard to above list --> about 60 GB
Well, I imagine it won't be more than 4-6 shows that actually get licensed. My guess on the ultra-short list would be the Gonzo titles, Tenjou Tenge, Girls Bravo, and Tenchi Muyo. Although Funi have picked up Geneon's other Clamp titles (Chobits, X), CCS is unlikely because Geneon's license expired 9 months before they shut down.

Got any old fansubs on HDD/DVD/CD? Please take a look at this thread.

Offline bakakid

• the psychotic crossdress with punish you!!
    • KI-HO DVDrips
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2010, 09:42:47 pm »
If CCS got licensed, I would jump with joy, even if it is by FUNi (which is prolly the only company that redub it, imo) =3
I try to consider everyone when I do things, but sometimes, you just gotta say FU to the world, and do it the way you want it ^^

Offline captiosus

• The Wings Elite
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2010, 12:09:40 am »
Gee thanks zalis now i got 8 torrents downloading  :-\

(not gonna let some decent anime get away from me, not over my dead ass ;D )

Offline MetalGear25

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2010, 07:14:34 am »

Offline Arveene

• Former Staff
  • Sora <3
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2010, 08:14:16 am »
Yup, we saw that. Thanks for the info/link tho, we can sometimes miss those announcements.
AniDB Userpage | MAL (Not updated as often)

Offline Sakura90

• Got panties? ♥
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2010, 08:46:34 am »
Every time I see these kind of threads about Funi, C&D letters, banned anime, IP hiding and all that crap I start thinking of how nice would it be for BakaBT to be hosted OUTSIDE the US, Europe and all those countries affected by licenses. Like... here, lol. You are free to download everything you want 24/7, be it licensed or not, and no one will ever, EVER, care. Heck, even some time ago my ISP claimed in their advertisements that they didn't capped P2P so you could download movies, music and all the stuff you wanted (and I can say it's true). I can have like 800 GB per month and nothing happens (my max for one month was 500 and it was a rare exception, I usually don't have much to download). And then my ISP encourages me to use P2P networks. If we had better connections... ;D. I only have 3 mbps down 512 kbps up, max for home users is usually at 10 mbps, 20 in a few zones, don't know the uploads exactly.

PS: Sorry there, I went a bit offtopic :-\
Quote from: [email protected]
What does "[sic]" mean? I don't think anyone got sick in the article so why is it in there? Should I start writing and post "[dump]" when I leave to go take a shit then return?

Online Al_Sleeper

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2010, 09:32:33 am »
Situation is the same in Russia: if you don't host selected few "holy cows", nobody gives a damn.
/offtopic

Offline Arveene

• Former Staff
  • Sora <3
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2010, 09:45:39 am »
Please keep this thread to only letting us know about recently licensed titles we've missed.
AniDB Userpage | MAL (Not updated as often)

Offline blubart

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2010, 04:06:21 am »
just fyi - we noticed the ANN news. if you find official confirmation somewhere on funimations page please link.

Offline kristen

« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2010, 04:10:40 am »