Author Topic: Show us your IRL manga Collection!  (Read 82259 times)

Offline Dille

Show us your IRL manga Collection!
« on: September 10, 2010, 02:03:03 pm »
Been thinking about making this kind of topic for a while now.
The idea is that if you have a real life manga collection you take a picture(or you could make a video where you also talk about your collection ;-)) and show it to the rest of the internet. :)

Here's mine:

(Click to enlarge)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:39:35 am by Dille »

Offline x5ga

• heh
    • Evil Flowers
Re: Show us your IRL manga Collection!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 05:40:44 pm »
Does this count as IRL manga? :D
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
srsly, I'm [email protected] now, and all my manga volumes are in Japanese (to force myself to learn the language). I only have Yuri Hime 1-19, Narutaru and a few doujin one-shots bound together in a "doujin collection".

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 06:12:05 pm »
Dille, could you make yours bigger?

I've been thinking about finishing Love Hina, and Dragonball. I probably won't finish Yu-Gi-Oh! D.N. Angel will remain incomplete even though I finish buying all the available ones. I'm definitely going to buy the entire One Piece and Naruto someday. But I'm short of money being a student and all.

Also, I'm pretty bummed out. Carlsen, which is the publisher for most manga in Denmark, decided to stop publishing One Piece Red and Blue... just when I decided to buy 'em! :(

Offline DLTE

• 一 百 天 的 爱 情 ,一 万 年 的 相 思
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 06:44:33 pm »
aw sod it

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 07:13:15 pm by DLTE »

Offline hanayome

• “The world is a corpse and its seekers are dogs.”
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 07:20:41 pm »
aw sod it

Wow. Huge collection there. But how many of them did you even read?

Anyway here is mine. 8)

I hardly ever even saw RL mangas. The countries i live in don't have them. Even if they have 1 or 2, they are too expensive. And i can get it online for free, don't know for how long though.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 07:22:34 pm by hanayome »
Parts of it I admired greatly, parts I laughed at till my sides were almost sore;
other parts I read with absolute sorrow,  because I think them utterly false and grievously mischievous...
Many of your wide conclusions are  based upon assumptions...
A. Sedgwick, Darwin's buddy...

Offline DLTE

• 一 百 天 的 爱 情 ,一 万 年 的 相 思
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 05:13:40 am »
Wow. Huge collection there. But how many of them did you even read?

I read most of em online already so I just buy them to support the mangaka. In fact I don't follow manga on paperback but instead rely on online weekly/monthly chapter releases.

Just bought these today, don't intend to read it anytime soon. No time at all D: hell, I don't even watch anime anymore.

Offline Goroshi-sama

• nope.avi
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 10:48:18 am »
Been thinking about making this kind of topic for a while now.
The idea is that if you have a real life manga collection you take a picture(or you could make a video where you also talk about your collection ;-)) and show it to the rest of the internet. :)

Here's mine:
Dille the "manga maniac" has only a few book.. THE FUCK!? probably the rest is stored on HDD :3

they see me rollin', they hatin'..

Offline Dille

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 10:46:22 am »
Dille the "manga maniac" has only a few book.. THE FUCK!? probably the rest is stored on HDD :3
I also live in one of those countries where you can't buy manga in stores so I have to order them from foreign online book stores(I use The Book Depository) which isn't the cheapest way to get manga.
+ It isn't a bout quantity, but quality. ;-) + Mangas I would really like to buy rarely  get published in english. :(

Dille, could you make yours bigger?
Click it.

Offline 1000mAh

• bananas, melonas, tralala, ding ding dong
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 11:32:14 am »
I currently haven't got many :P but I read mangaonly on paper soo, thisis my small collection:

I took these pictures with left hand while standing on my left leg.

The other place where I read manga is at my cousins place :P he has got about 20 times more manga than I :P

Don't EVER touch my snacks!||Discord

Offline hanayome

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 04:07:45 pm »
Wow. 12 Shinigamis on the 12 death note mangas. And what's with the oh my goddess? Are the black & white (leftmost) and white & black (second leftmost) all meant to be read in order? Or is it like Part I and Part II in naruto?
Parts of it I admired greatly, parts I laughed at till my sides were almost sore;
other parts I read with absolute sorrow,  because I think them utterly false and grievously mischievous...

Offline 1000mAh

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 04:23:24 pm »
Wow. 12 Shinigamis on the 12 death note mangas. And what's with the oh my goddess? Are the black & white (leftmost) and white & black (second leftmost) all meant to be read in order? Or is it like Part I and Part II in naruto?

Oh! My Goddess, 30 volumes (all that have published in Finland) are meant to readin order, It isn't I and part II. You may see that theree is 3 of 10 volumes groups (I have no Idea why). There was only 2 mangas with English translations (all others were with Finnish translations) Full Metal Panic! Overload and Ouran High School Host Club.
did you get your answerr?

Offline Soulreaper77

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 04:37:35 pm »
Wow I love the design on the Oh my Goddess cover. Are those Death Notes in english or finnish? Mine have different covers. Like every volume has another color. If only I had an camera I could make pics too.

BBT イカ 娘 Fanclub Member #000007 御坂 美琴 Fanclub Member:#077700

Offline 1000mAh

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 04:50:14 pm »
Wow I love the design on the Oh my Goddess cover. Are those Death Notes in english or finnish? Mine have different covers. Like every volume has another color. If only I had an camera I could make pics too.

The Death Notes are in Finnish :P
and also, the covers have got diffrent colors & diffrent picture.

Offline Goroshi-sama

• nope.avi
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 05:14:13 pm »
I currently haven't got many :P but I read mangaonly on paper soo, thisis my small collection:
Gahh!! how I would have wanted to collect those ah! my goddess-books.. Right when I noticed its possible to buy it here, it was already on vol 15.. so I decided, ah what the heck, I download it later..

they see me rollin', they hatin'..

Offline 1000mAh

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 05:19:56 pm »
Gahh!! how I would have wanted to collect those ah! my goddess-books.. Right when I noticed its possible to buy it here, it was already on vol 15.. so I decided, ah what the heck, I download it later..

You know, I've soon collected them for bit over 3 years now :P for Death Note, I had to to spent 14 months to buy them because I had problems with money :P
And where do you live ? I think that at least in the U.S. you can order them all from internet :P (at least I  could order all 30 (<- the amount of published volumes in Finlad) from internet :P)

Offline hanayome

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 05:24:48 pm »
Yeah, got my answer.

Cover or spine? Cover probably looks even better but he is not showing us. He wants to keep the girls all to himself. ::) Don't you have camera anywhere, not even in any of your family members' mobiles?

Offline 1000mAh

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 05:45:51 pm »
Yeah, got my answer.

Cover or spine? Cover probably looks even better but he is not showing us. He wants to keep the girls all to himself. ::) Don't you have camera anywhere, not even in any of your family members' mobiles?

the covers of Oh! My Goddess or Death Note?? You know I can take the pictures if you want :P

Offline Soulreaper77

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 05:50:39 pm »
Yeah, got my answer.

Spine xD

Those are all old mobiles with no camera and I don't have one myself so yeah ...
Maybe I can borrow a friend's camera sometime. I'll look into it tomorrow or the day after xD

BBT イカ 娘 Fanclub Member #000007 御坂 美琴 Fanclub Member:#077700

Online Mcgreag

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 11:19:12 pm »
Here are our manga society collection. 394 volumes total (including 17 light novels but not magazines and duplicates) out of which 139 are mine.
Click the image for a larger composite with mostly readable titles (was in a bit of a hurry when taking the photos).
Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason.

Offline 1000mAh

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 11:45:58 pm »
Here are our manga society collection. 394 volumes total (including 17 light novels but not magazines and duplicates) out of which 139 are mine.
Click the image for a larger composite with mostly readable titles (was in a bit of a hurry when taking the photos).

pretty messy :P there was a lot of incomplete stuff and also few reprints as well some other prints + the ones with missing volumes... My cousin has about 2/3 if that amount of manga that you have in those shelves but there is only few incomplete series [that he hasn't bought all volumes (also some series that haven't completed example;One Piece)]. no missing volumes between, only one copy of each and all of them are in perfect condition