Author Topic: Show us your IRL manga Collection!  (Read 82402 times)

Offline porkymole

• All your lolis
Re: Show us your IRL manga Collection!
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 01:13:31 am »
aw sod it

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I R much jealous. Especially of Yotsubato!; tell me where you live? :D

Offline Mcgreag

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 02:03:51 am »
Of course a single person can keep his collection both more coherent and in better condition. This is a multiple person collection placed in a semi-public place (a youth house frequented by around 50 people ages 15-25) and anyone there are free to read from it.

Most of the incomplete ones are either not finished translated yet or are being bought at 1-2 vol per month to keep cost manageable. In the cases where there are just 1-2 vols it's mostly that someone bought a vol or 2 to see if it was good but decided it wasn't worth buying more, many of these belong to past members long moved on (the society is over 6 years old and lots of the stuff is older than the society). There are also some vols missing due to people forgetting to return their loans.
Most Swedish translated stuff (most of row 2 and 3 from the bottom on the large picture) are just random stuff that old members have left and we don't really care for. Those will never be completed because no current member wants to read them.
The multiples are because more than one member had bought it without knowing someone else also bought it or in some rare cases because we thought a vol was lost and bought another one only to have to come back again.

I keep my stuff coherent, replacing missing vols and finishing most stuff I have started (not all, my taste have changed over the years so I don't care any more for some stuff like Bastard and Silent Möbius). But everyone has different tastes and priorities.
Sadly there are also a couple of thing like for example Scrapped Princess, Gunslinger Girl and Sakura Taisen where releases have stopped coming. I would like to buy more but there haven't been any new release for years.
Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason.

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 08:13:22 am »
Here's mine.

Offline 1000mAh

• bananas, melonas, tralala, ding ding dong
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 08:37:24 am »
Here's mine.

nice one. When did you start collecting? they seem pretty new to me ;D meaning; they are new or you take good care of them ;D ...or both!

aa, okey.

Don't EVER touch my snacks!||Discord

Offline DLTE

• 一 百 天 的 爱 情 ,一 万 年 的 相 思
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 08:42:12 am »
Here's mine.

Oo very nice collection of delrey books. I've yet to own a delrey book due to the fact its so ridiculously expensive :$22 a book. I can only afford US-imports if its second-hand D:

aw sod it

I R much jealous. Especially of Yotsubato!; tell me where you live? :D

Singapore

Offline Soulreaper77

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 08:44:44 am »
Here's mine.

I see you have Negima! Does that series get any better after volume 5?

BBT イカ 娘 Fanclub Member #000007 御坂 美琴 Fanclub Member:#077700

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 09:24:44 am »
Here's mine.

I see you have Negima! Does that series get any better after volume 5?
Definitely. It may start of like it's a harem series, but as soon as you get further in, it's a lot more like an action series. Lots of awesome fighting, magic and abilities. Nothing like Love Hina (except that some characters look similar).

Here's mine.

nice one. When did you start collecting? they seem pretty new to me ;D meaning; they are new or you take good care of them ;D ...or both!
Some of the books are from 2003. Others I bought more recently.

Here's mine.

Oo very nice collection of delrey books. I've yet to own a delrey book due to the fact its so ridiculously expensive :$22 a book. I can only afford US-imports if its second-hand D:
Del Rey books cost around HK$110 now, which is roughly SG$19 or US$14.2

Offline 1000mAh

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 09:51:01 am »
Here's mine.

Some of the books are from 2003. Others I bought more recently.

So Iwere right it is both ;D The first 10 manga I bought aren'tin perfect condition, but that is because I bought them 3 years ago and Iwas 13 :P but the most recent ones are all in perfect condition :P btw. I've spent over 350€ to my mangas :P only for the 12 parts of death note 90€ for the Oh! My Goddess about 200€ for the Gentlemen's Alliance cross about 52€ and for Ouran High School Host Club 9.99USD the 3 others I got for free as birth day present. Only exact prices are for Death Note and Host Club :P

Offline Soulreaper77

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 05:33:05 pm »
As promised my manga collection:

FMA, Gantz, Higurashi, SZS, D-Gray Man are in progress, now also Negima since newySouthrop (sorry my bad) said it would become better. I'm reading volume 6 of Negima right now so that's why it's missing.
Battle Royale 2 is being ordered (for about 1.5 month now :/). Higurashi isn't being sold anymore ... :( I may have to order online :/
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:33:40 pm by Soulreaper77 »

Offline 1000mAh

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 05:45:45 pm »
As promised my manga collection:

FMA, Gantz, Higurashi, SZS, D-Gray Man are in progress, now also Negima since newy said it would become better. I'm reading volume 6 of Negima right now so that's why it's missing.
Battle Royale 2 is being ordered (for about 1.5 month now :/). Higurashi isn't being sold anymore ... :( I may have to order online :/

what is that 13th volume of Death Note? Never heard about it.
and in the 12 volumes prolly have same covers as in the ones I own :P the spine is diffrent :P

Offline DLTE

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 05:46:20 pm »
If you're looking for English Negima or Hellsing, I'd recommend Chuang yi versions. Much cheaper then the US publisher counterpart. I find the English version of Higurashi extremely limited. I've got a ton of higurashi in Chinese and most likely they will never ever see a English translation ever.

http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/new2/listallone.php

The 13th book is " How to read " basically a guidebook to deathnote in case you missed anything. Its pretty much full of stuff like character info, what they like to eat etc. And a sidestory about the "death eraser" ( Yes, you use it to erase names and people come back to life ).

This picture is exactly why I fucking rage against US imported manga

Publishers: Herp derp oh Nos! Manga sales is goooooing down! It must be the fault of illegal and unofficial scanlations online! It most certainly isn't the absurd pricing of retailers
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:55:59 pm by DLTE »

Offline Soulreaper77

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 06:32:21 pm »
If you're looking for English Negima or Hellsing, I'd recommend Chuang yi versions. Much cheaper then the US publisher counterpart. I find the English version of Higurashi extremely limited. I've got a ton of higurashi in Chinese and most likely they will never ever see a English translation ever.

http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/new2/listallone.php

The 13th book is " How to read " basically a guidebook to deathnote in case you missed anything. Its pretty much full of stuff like character info, what they like to eat etc. And a sidestory about the "death eraser" ( Yes, you use it to erase names and people come back to life ).

Publishers: Herp derp oh Nos! Manga sales is goooooing down! It must be the fault of illegal and unofficial scanlations online! It most certainly isn't the absurd pricing of retailers

The store I buy from uses those prices printed on the back (the US rates) so I pay $9.99 for every manga. But what you pay is just outrageous, I don't know where you live but that is outrageous.

Offline 1000mAh

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 06:40:45 pm »

thanks for the info.

that is amasing price, if 9.99USD is ~12€ that is over douple...
...and I've never seen those in the manga people I know/ I have ordered from the US.
are every page like that? or just the covers?

Offline RoflLolly

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 08:17:32 pm »
Actually 9.99USD are ~ 7.67€ and that's nearly the same price I pay for my manga here in germany (~7€ per vol.).
I wonder how expensive/cheap the books are in japan.  :P

Offline 1000mAh

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 08:24:39 pm »
Actually 9.99USD are ~ 7.67€ and that's nearly the same price I pay for my manga here in germany (~7€ per vol.).
I wonder how expensive/cheap the books are in japan.  :P

ok, but that was the price I paid when I bought american print from Finnish shop.
Haven't relly watched how much I'vepaid when ordering from US :P
yeah, and it is ~7€ per vol. in Finland also :P

Offline DLTE

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 01:08:08 am »
1 Japanese book is about 420yen. Roughly converted into 4euros

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 03:08:01 am »
If you're looking for English Negima or Hellsing, I'd recommend Chuang yi versions.
Oh god Chuang Yi...

Their translations SUCK majorly! I don't think it's worth buying theirs, even if it is cheaper. I have both Del Rey's and Chuang Yi's vol 17 for Negima. While I like how CY retains the original spine image (in this case, it's Yuuna and DR replaced it with Negi), their translations have mistakes and their style is shit (Mr. Negi and Ms. Asuna, anyone? <_<)

Offline macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 09:38:06 am »
Even I have some IRL manga... ;)

Offline peroxid

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 01:57:51 pm »
here's a pic of my collection. 1st box of Dragon Ball and Ghost in the Shell are borrowed to some friends. And here are some extras from a big eva fan like me!

Offline wilfried

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2010, 03:27:36 pm »
Here are (almost) all of my manga

No sappy lines allowed! | MAL Anime | MAL Mangaanime collection | manga collection
No "my, my, my's" allowed!
No "hee-hee-hee's" allow