Author Topic: * Competitions & Events - Suggestions thread *  (Read 20278 times)

Offline pingryanime

• Adult Arbiter
  • Japanese Dude Obsessed With Touhou and Misaka
    • Yukkuricraft
Re: * Competitions & Events - Suggestions thread *
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 05:49:25 am »
I'm personally all for it, if it's current anime that's new, then I'd still be in the game as far as knowledge and repertoire goes

Offline donald1

• ☢CAUTION☢
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 12:38:44 am »
you know, it is possible we can have a Touhou Hisoutensoku comp. it uses the Hamachi server i think. netplay is possible, so us bakabt members can all play against each other.

Offline Raptordavid

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 07:29:34 pm »
you know, it is possible we can have a Touhou Hisoutensoku comp. it uses the Hamachi server i think. netplay is possible, so us bakabt members can all play against each other.

+1 only problem is the moderating of such an event

Offline Hakuoro917

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 07:00:37 am »
How about Stepmania? Chances are, if you're an Otaku, you're bound to have at least played it once. ^_^

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 07:57:25 am »
How about Stepmania? Chances are, if you're an Otaku, you're bound to have at least played it once. ^_^
Is there some kind of online platform where we can multi-play it and get replays as well?

Offline mrjpark

• Talking to you is like having a period.
    • My MAL
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 09:50:03 am »
I'm not too good, but I'd definitely participate in a SC2 tournament if it happened.

Offline Havoc10K

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 10:10:47 am »
I'm not too good, but I'd definitely participate in a SC2 tournament if it happened.
QFT

i'm terribad, unless I have time to make banelings or stalkers with immortals, terrans are not my game :P

Offline Nayus

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 09:49:07 pm »
Yu-Gi-Oh! Yu-Gi-Oh! Yu-Gi-Oh!

We can use "Power of Chaos" a PC game that supports network connections. We just need a lam simulator, I suggest hamachi. With those two there's no mistakes and it's impossible to cheat.

Power of Chaos consists of three "games" (3Main Characters), but them all are tiny. We use "Joey, The Passion" to play.

Unfortunately, power of chaos's forbidden list card is old. We shall play with forbidden cards or post a list with cards that can't be used, we can see it here: http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Offline Tannosuke

• Anime and J-RPG fan!
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 10:10:31 pm »

We can use "Power of Chaos" a PC game that supports network connections. We just need a lam simulator, I suggest hamachi. With those two there's no mistakes and it's impossible to cheat.

Power of Chaos consists of three "games" (3Main Characters), but them all are tiny. We use "Joey, The Passion" to play.

Unfortunately, power of chaos's forbidden list card is old. We shall play with forbidden cards or post a list with cards that can't be used, we can see it here: http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Sounds good for me, but this game is already active in many countries, even in Greece.

If anyone want this to be a new competition, it should be alright for the organizers(Southrop, Mirgond, don't make mistakes after what organization you did at the Mahjong :P ).

I'd like to suggest another game. The Backgammon. It's quite similar to the Mahjong.

The 80% comes from the mind to figure out which tile to drag and drop, the rest of the 20% comes from the dices, that have to be doubles or not to get hit by the enemy.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 10:12:48 pm by Tannosuke »
Born to like catgirls.

Staff Edit: Signature removed.
 http://wiki.bakabt.me/index.php/Rules#Forum_Ava.2FSig_Guidelines

Offline Nayus

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 10:23:35 pm »

Sounds good for me, but this game is already active in many countries, even in Greece.

If anyone want this to be a new competition, it should be alright for the organizers(Southrop, Mirgond, don't make mistakes after what organization you did at the Mahjong :P ).

I'd like to suggest another game. The Backgammon. It's quite similar to the Mahjong.

The 80% comes from the mind to figure out which tile to drag and drop, the rest of the 20% comes from the dices, that have to be doubles or not to get hit by the enemy.

BakaBT never had a Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament, so it's a New Competition :D

Besides, everyone (otaku or not) knows mahjong (even never played). The same goes to Yu-Gi-Oh!, it's a good way to popularize the tournaments, with one who everyone can play.

This is it, I suggest to get start with well-known games ^^

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 10:27:46 pm »
Well, we have a steam community, we could organise some tournament if there is enough interested (and a staff member willing to).

Offline Keraito

• For the future.. and tomorrow~
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 11:31:23 pm »

wanted to say this aswell but i didn;t xD
I 2nd this :]

Edit: Is there a Xfire Bakabt? :[
I dunnnot own a Steam account :< Cuz i never buy games LOL

BBT Ika Musume Fanclub Member #520888

Offline Kyrdua

• I have no idea what i'm doing.
    • Lunatic Red (A member there XD)
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 05:07:14 am »

+1, also phantasmagoria of flower view.

also, i think someone should suggest a free online jrpg, too bad i don't know any.
 signature: [email protected]: Cinderella Girls -- Kanzaki Ranko My Links | MyAnimelist

Offline Keraito

• For the future.. and tomorrow~
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 03:47:11 pm »
When is there gonna come a new tournament again? ^^ I really want one again <3

BTW: Bakabt has xfire community?

BBT Ika Musume Fanclub Member #520888

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 10:34:17 am »
BTW: Bakabt has xfire community?

Don't think so.

Offline luciusrenata

• KING DOUJINSHI
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 12:25:35 am »
Lets doujinshi!

Is simple. First we would pick an anime title that most users have seen, or that is short enough to watch in time for the competition, like an OVA.

Next, entrants could make a (SFW!) doujinshi based on the title we picked, and post it somewhere. We could pick one we all like and the winner would get the title of King Doujinshi.

Then, I will win the day.

THIRTY THIEVES
     -and the-
THUNDER CHIEFS!!

Offline junkmunch

• Loki, the Shape Shifter
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 01:10:47 am »
Lets doujinshi!

Is simple. First we would pick an anime title that most users have seen, or that is short enough to watch in time for the competition, like an OVA.

Next, entrants could make a (SFW!) doujinshi based on the title we picked, and post it somewhere. We could pick one we all like and the winner would get the title of King Doujinshi.

Something easier for the rest of us with no skills  :(
Zankoku na tenshi no youni,
Shoonen yo shinwa ni nare.

Offline 1000mAh

• bananas, melonas, tralala, ding ding dong
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2011, 03:55:22 pm »
Lets doujinshi!

Something easier for the rest of us with no skills  :(

I could try :P but I'm boundto lose :P I mean, the drawings would be so ugly :P oh, and btw. IF the competition would happen, why don't pick School Days :P

Don't EVER touch my snacks!||Discord

Offline Meandola

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 01:27:00 am »
I'd totally be up for a SC2 tournament tbh :P

Offline kyzhucha n

• I is lurkingz
    • WTF (Welcome to Facebook)
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2011, 04:50:10 pm »
Resuggesting chess..

In my previous forums I visited, they held a Team-based Chess composed of 5v5,
depending on the set-up.. It can be a Leader Type match or a alternate move from the 5 members of the team..

they did it by using a 1 PSD file with 34 Layers..

16 White Piece Layers, 16 Black Piece Layers, 1 Layer for the first color of the board and last layer is the second color of the board..

the Leader or the next player will submit his next move by updating the PSD file and submitting in the thread..
since its a forum game, each move has a 12 hour move limit