Author Topic: * Competitions & Events - Suggestions thread *  (Read 20268 times)

Offline Meomix

• For our glorious order
    • MAL
Re: * Competitions & Events - Suggestions thread *
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2011, 05:24:42 pm »
We could have a High Score battle with Magical Battle Arena but then you can't keep tab's on farmers, i wonder if someone could host an online server for it?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 05:42:24 pm by Meomix »

Offline Enzedder

• Former Staff
  • The Cute One
    • Youtube
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2011, 02:46:05 am »
Ok. All board games need the ability to be spectated and monitored online at all times by at least a staff member. The chess game idea works but I think would take a substantial amount of time.

If you can send me some info on how exactly the Magical Battle Arena thing will work and I will look into how possible that idea.

I wouldn't mind trying the popular Starcraft 2 tourny but will have to submit some ideas on how to go about it.

What has to be remembered is that lag may be a large problem with many games so things such as FPS games or games that require a lot of precise timing may be impossible unless we split it up into regions perhaps. (EU, US, ASIA/Oceania)

I would suggest a Minecraft build game. A few people join a server and then are given a premade building. The people must then attempt to replicate the building as quickly as possible using resources that they must acquire themselves. You could also play Spleef if we wanted.

[MAL] | Nothing is either good nor bad but thinking makes it so.

Offline Kyrdua

• I have no idea what i'm doing.
    • Lunatic Red (A member there XD)
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2011, 03:40:45 am »
^ minecraft seems to have a rather high minimum specs(1.5 multicore/2 singlecore; 1/2/3 GB ram for xp/vista/7).
anyone here know of any lower end games?
 signature: [email protected]: Cinderella Girls -- Kanzaki Ranko My Links | MyAnimelist

Offline Meomix

• For our glorious order
    • MAL
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2011, 05:40:54 pm »
Ok. All board games need the ability to be spectated and monitored online at all times by at least a staff member. The chess game idea works but I think would take a substantial amount of time.

If you can send me some info on how exactly the Magical Battle Arena thing will work and I will look into how possible that idea.

I wouldn't mind trying the popular Starcraft 2 tourny but will have to submit some ideas on how to go about it.

What has to be remembered is that lag may be a large problem with many games so things such as FPS games or games that require a lot of precise timing may be impossible unless we split it up into regions perhaps. (EU, US, ASIA/Oceania)

I would suggest a Minecraft build game. A few people join a server and then are given a premade building. The people must then attempt to replicate the building as quickly as possible using resources that they must acquire themselves. You could also play Spleef if we wanted.

Found a vid on how to do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8hT3iIu7pM
http://hamachiserver.com/#up

Offline Banana-san

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2011, 10:41:16 am »

starcraft 2 is region blocked :/, so it would be difficult, if not splitt up into regions.

Offline Banana-san

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2011, 10:24:19 am »
Well, found this web browser game when I was catching up on shippuuden: http://www.naruto-arena.com .... it's a turn based game, where you form a team of 3 characters with 4 skills each (1 skill is always invulnerability for 1 turn). It seems to be quite skill based, they do update character balance, but I guess there are always imbalances. If somebody has been into this game for awhile and know what rules are used in normal tournaments and such, I guess they could say something about it.

You can unlock characters tho, so I guess there would be a point in only allowing the starting characters (22 of them, so there are some stuff to pick). I think you can check game logs, so posting that could work as "proof" for the match being played. And if somebody breaks the rules and refuses to forfeit/replay, then you could just take a screenshot or something (I think there's supposedly some ingame chat, doesn't seem to work in ladder matches tho).

It's hell of a fun game tho :p, but might just be because I'm a turn-based-game fan, but whatever ;o.

Offline Anglerfish

• yup, battletoads
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2011, 05:51:21 am »
Sig of the week arbitrarily defined time period. Regular graphics competition that anyone can enter.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:56:06 am by Anglerfish »

Offline Kyrdua

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2011, 04:28:23 pm »
Sig of the week arbitrarily defined time period. Regular graphics competition that anyone can enter.

why not just banners? a lot of users don't come here in the forums. and even if they do they'll vanish back to the tracker/irc right after the competition.

edit: toy wars competition would do too.
 signature: [email protected]: Cinderella Girls -- Kanzaki Ranko My Links | MyAnimelist

Offline Meomix

• For our glorious order
    • MAL
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2011, 04:34:36 pm »
Toy wars it is!

Offline Anglerfish

• yup, battletoads
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2011, 04:56:08 pm »
why not just banners? a lot of users don't come here in the forums. and even if they do they'll vanish back to the tracker/irc right after the competition.
my bad, I didn't actually know about this. ( ゚ ー゚)

Offline Kyrdua

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2011, 05:06:16 pm »
^ lol, that's no competition though. there was a holiday banners competition. but very few "showed up". and a guy raked all points.

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2011, 05:31:27 pm »
Unfortunately, Toy Wars (JP version anyway) would be a huge pain to set up due to requiring a japanese IP and all. Huge amounts of lag.

Offline Enzedder

• Former Staff
  • The Cute One
    • Youtube
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 08:29:10 am »
When suggesting internet games people have to remember it has to be something that doesn't require fast or precise timing etc as lag from regional things will be a big problem. Mahjong was good because you had a bit of time to plan your moves etc.

[MAL] | Nothing is either good nor bad but thinking makes it so.

Offline Meomix

• For our glorious order
    • MAL
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2011, 01:03:09 pm »
Then can we play Suicide Chess(Anti Chess) then? You notice in normal chess you are not allowed to promote the pawn to king, in this you can~ Found the site for it!

Offline vuzedome

• Reppuzan~!
  • Awards Winner of the BakaBT Mahjong tournament 2010
    • GoGreenToday
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2011, 10:38:10 am »
I'd seriously consider chess. This will be great.
I can add another title......  :P
BBT Ika Musume Fan Club Member #000044   
Misaka Mikoto Fan Club Member #000044
BBT Duke Nukem Fan Club Member #0000002

Offline 1000mAh

• bananas, melonas, tralala, ding ding dong
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2011, 12:43:12 pm »
Well, as I previously stated; go.
it has Japanese connections, here is sites for it, it has anime made of it as well as a manga (Hikaru no Go) So wouldn't this be a perfect choise after Mahjong :P

Don't EVER touch my snacks!||Discord

Offline Kyrdua

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2011, 07:54:25 pm »
hmm. don't anyone know of turned base games that everyone can play?
not everyone would want to master go/chess just to participate.

Worms armageddon or similar games, Perhaps? i mean anyone with a brain can learn to play it in a short while.
openliero X too, but it's realtime so it may lag.

Offline Goroshi-sama

• nope.avi
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2011, 10:43:21 am »
after watching too much Kaiji S2, how about chinchirorin? Though not for REAL money (lulz) but if someone can find a good multiplayer netplay, then I find this other suggestion.
This game is all based on luck.. (even though computer handles all the dicerolls.. :S)

they see me rollin', they hatin'..

Offline Mirgond

• Play Asia Affiliate Site
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2011, 04:26:03 pm »
If you want turn-based stuff, there is a small game named Battle for Wesnoth

Runs on every major OS, you can play in the language you want, and it is possible to play 1vs1, 2vs2 etc

If you choose a small map the matches wouldn't take that long too...
There is also the posibility to observ multiplayer matches and to create your own server to host the games.

Offline Dasaru

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2011, 02:49:48 pm »
If you want turn-based stuff, there is a small game named Battle for Wesnoth

OH MY GOD.

I remember playing that game about two years ago!! THAT GAME ROCKS!! I totally forgot about it! That game is hella fun and would be awesome for a competition! Out of everything suggested thus far, if I could only choose one, this would be it.

+1

(Also I wouldn't mind playing GO as that game is VERY easy to learn the basics.)