Author Topic: Photoshop Chalk Talk - A Comprehensive Introduction to Photoshop  (Read 19598 times)

Offline Kyrdua

• I have no idea what i'm doing.
    • Lunatic Red (A member there XD)
Re: Photoshop Chalk Talk - A Comprehensive Introduction to Photoshop
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2011, 05:02:01 pm »
^ haha, i see.

anyway, I'll add a different way to do what you posted.

• Open your GIF animation, Insert a rounded rectangle using the "Rounded Rectangle Tool", I recommend you to insert it with "Fixed Size" option.And set a "Corner Radius" to your rounded rectangle. move it to the bottom.
  • select all layers above it then create clipping mask.
  • make a new layer on top.
  • select the bottom layer (rectangle), then on the menu bar select>load selection>OK
  • select the top layer then go to "Edit>Stroke", set your border settings, set "Location" to "Inside".
  • It's done...
 signature: [email protected]: Cinderella Girls -- Kanzaki Ranko My Links | MyAnimelist

Offline intel

• College is kill.
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2011, 07:25:20 pm »
^ haha, i see.

anyway, I'll add a different way to do what you posted.

• Open your GIF animation, Insert a rounded rectangle using the "Rounded Rectangle Tool", I recommend you to insert it with "Fixed Size" option.And set a "Corner Radius" to your rounded rectangle. move it to the bottom.
  • select all layers above it then create clipping mask.
  • make a new layer on top.
  • select the bottom layer (rectangle), then on the menu bar select>load selection>OK
  • select the top layer then go to "Edit>Stroke", set your border settings, set "Location" to "Inside".
  • It's done...
I'll keep that in mind.Although lately I haven't been able to find some time for Photoshop. :/ My avy can tell. :P More dig up to my old tuties:

Make GIFs to MSN Emoticon
I'm going to show you some quick, basic, make your GIF to your MSN tutorial!
Now, let's get started.
Requirements;
-Your GIF width to height scale must be;
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
So it's like if your height of gif is 100, width must be 100,200,300,400 or 500 maximally.If it doesn't try to scale it by cropping.
-Always use 128 color or less if your gif is higher than 3 seconds, or if it is wide.(Like Height x, Width 5x)
-Imageready CS2(This is what my tutorial made with)

Tutorial
I'll be using my current signature as tutuorial, with all kinds of dimension, I'll show you that.
Let's go with easiest to hardest;
1.Basic Cropping
You need to first set the dimension as the x scales that I shown.
My image's current dimensions are 320px width X 180px height.I'll be first crop it to x to 2x.So the new dimensions must be 320 X 160.
Use Image -> Canvas Size, simply resize it to 320x160.

It'll be like this;

Then use Image -> Image Size, check the Constrain Propotions and set the width to 100.Height will automatically set to 50 too.

Now it has a look like this;

This is the important point.We will use canvas size again, but this time it's a bit different.Use Image -> Canvas Size, set the width to 50 and Anchor to center-left.We reduced width by 50px so it took out the 50px from right to left.

This is the current frame;

Now, save it as GIF.Use File-> Save Optimized As....Then press CTRL+Z(or Edit-> Undo) and make it get to the size of 100x50 again.We will do the same for the right side of GIF.Use Image -> Canvas Size, set the width to 50 and Anchor to center-right.

It must be like;

Now save it too.We have these GIFs now.
-
Add them to your MSN and use!
---
P.S:This and the one before are quotes from me, if you wonder why the name differs(GetsugaTenshou) it's because the forum I made these(yr. 2009 btw) for, I was using the name GetsugaTenshou back then. :D But got bored of it because it was a long name, and it was so common(mm intel is not¿).

Offline Kyrdua

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2011, 02:00:54 am »
^ you forgot that you must set dithering off(for anime gifs). though to be fair some gifs won't look good unless dithered.
 signature: [email protected]: Cinderella Girls -- Kanzaki Ranko My Links | MyAnimelist

Offline intel

• College is kill.
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2011, 02:42:46 am »
^ you forgot that you must set dithering off(for anime gifs). though to be fair some gifs won't look good unless dithered.
If you're talking about the outcome GIF, it was because the colors were reduced too much. ^.^

Offline Kyrdua

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2011, 09:31:42 am »
^ 32-bit dithered?

Offline Pants

• Pants are superior.
    • Tracker Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2011, 08:40:55 pm »
SHIT! THIS ALREADY GOT STICKIED!?

Dear admins,
It is possible to embed video in threads here (I'm pretty sure I've seen someone do it)? If so, may I embed tutorial videos? I'd be able to update easier and people wouldn't be assaulted by text when attempting to follow them.

(Because putting sage in every field doesn't work anymore)

@Meomix v
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:10:52 am by Pants »
When you spam, you go all out don't you? God bless the select all and delete selected button... ~Duki3003

Offline Meomix

• For our glorious order
    • MAL
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2011, 06:31:27 am »
Playing Minecraft is for sissies, Amnesia the Dark Descent is where it's at.

Offline Kyrdua

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2011, 09:45:34 am »
congrats on the sticky. @mods - next up: "the arts" sub board.

Offline Kyrdua

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2011, 03:41:02 am »
because this thread is inactive as fuck, bump

http://bakarenders.com/

you need to register, but from what it look like it at least does not use AnimeRenders' point system, so you can download all you want. i doubt they allow leechers though.

edit: they have SOTW stuff too and the guys there are pretty good, my kind of thing.

pants below - bumping because despite being sticky no one notices this thread
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:43:18 am by Kyrdua »

Offline Meomix

• For our glorious order
    • MAL
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2011, 01:03:58 pm »
Panty i suggest you move the purple headlines of your posts unto a new image server like min.us.
Not only has imageshack become more of a douchebag lately blocking HOTLINKING! One headline just died. :(
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:55:36 pm by Meomix »

Offline Pants

• Pants are superior.
    • Tracker Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2011, 11:11:46 am »
Liek, hueg update folks! If you havn't seen it already:
look at this post
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 01:42:28 pm by Pants »
When you spam, you go all out don't you? God bless the select all and delete selected button... ~Duki3003

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
I don't know how much you pay for your internet with Comcast but if you upgrade to Business class you'll get all ports open and unlimited bandwidth so they won't call your landlord about this shit. The only two real draws to this is it's a contract and the monthly payment is between 80 to 100 dollars (depending on which tier you pick). You can probably go lower but your upload speed will suffer ...

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline Kyrdua

why not just use dropbox or opendrive...

Offline TiYlER

• 絶対大丈夫だよ!· · · · · · · Smårips er også bær
Hello all, I'm new to Photoshop, and I'd like to know where to start in learning it. I would like to make a BBT banner and perhaps Ava/sigs.
「発想の転換が必要なの。あれ、これどっかで聞いたなぁって思ったら、まず逆を考えるわけ。そしたら新しいものが生まれてくるかもしれないじゃない」
muh dick

Offline Kyrdua

http://psd.tutsplus.com/

actually. google "photoshop tutorials" and other similar keywords.
that's how i started myself.

Offline TiYlER

http://psd.tutsplus.com/

actually. google "photoshop tutorials" and other similar keywords.
that's how i started myself.
Yeah, but I don't know what to start with. Is there a tutorial for showing you what each tool does?
muh dick

Offline Kyrdua

no. you don't start learning each tool one by one. just have something you wanna
make and look up tuts for it. on my case, the "something" were forum signatures.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
Hello all, I'm new to Photoshop, and I'd like to know where to start in learning it. I would like to make a BBT banner and perhaps Ava/sigs.
Go to Youtube.
Search "Photoshop Tutorials for Beginners".
You can also use Google.

When you start new projects, don't have an "idea" of how to make something amazing. Don't list it accurately or like put it together as a form of rule to have it done the way it's printed in your mind. You're still a beginner. Start slow. Use few new features you don't know in a single project and finish it. Don't spend countless of hours on it! God, that's one of the worst things you can do. Do something for about 20-40 minutes and save it if you think you didn't finish. Open it up again another time and work on it again. Do try to finish it early and post it for feedback. The next new project you do, use the features you already used and try to use them differently and use few new ones you never used before. These are excellent ways to experiments things on your own.

Still, tutorials are very good to start with. Don't give up hope because shit didn't work out. Don't post something if you think it's not finished - you can post it to have help on it with ideas and such thou'.

The most important thing is, as always, how much time you've invested in that project -- At least to me this is clearly very important. I've wasted days trying to do something and whether it was good or not it was not worth it. Time is important so use it wisely. The images you see in my banner took me less than 30 minutes each to finish. The avatars took me 10 minutes or less for all of them.

My favorite tools are Lasso tools, Blend Mode, Blending Options, Selective Colors, Filters and Healing Brushes.

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
Thanks a lot pants. Will look forward to more updates.
* Mistgun goes to a torrent site and downloads the crack version of photoshop asap.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline TiYlER

Thanks a lot pants. Will look forward to more updates.
* Mistgun goes to a torrent site and downloads the crack version of photoshop asap.

so did i, but it is fucked up and i will get a new one soon.
muh dick