Author Topic: Photoshop Chalk Talk - A Comprehensive Introduction to Photoshop  (Read 19551 times)

Online Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
Thanks a lot pants. Will look forward to more updates.
* Mistgun goes to a torrent site and downloads the crack version of photoshop asap.

so did i, but it is fucked up and i will get a new one soon.
I had previously a crack version and it worked flawlessly (my friend borrowed my lappy as his team needed to create some banners etc for their project, i was a by watcher). Probably cause i am used to crack softwares ;D

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline TiYlER

• 絶対大丈夫だよ!· · · · · · · Smårips er også bær
whew. That took a long time, but I think I am actually proud of my AVA. Is it any good?
「発想の転換が必要なの。あれ、これどっかで聞いたなぁって思ったら、まず逆を考えるわけ。そしたら新しいものが生まれてくるかもしれないじゃない」
muh dick

Online Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
whew. That took a long time, but I think I am actually proud of my AVA. Is it any good?
Goodie doodie tiyler, but keep improving you still got a long way too go.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline TiYlER

• 絶対大丈夫だよ!· · · · · · · Smårips er også bær
okay. today during 4th lunch exam i messed around with photoshop in IIT, and I learned some interesting stuff.
My fave tools so far:

Lasso
Quick Select
Blur
Smudge

Fave Filters:

Liquify
「発想の転換が必要なの。あれ、これどっかで聞いたなぁって思ったら、まず逆を考えるわけ。そしたら新しいものが生まれてくるかもしれないじゃない」
muh dick

Offline Pants

• Pants are superior.
    • Tracker Profile
My fave tools so far:

Lasso
Quick Select
Blur
Smudge

Humm... Yes, that sounds about right for a novice. Just some things I'd like to point out:
The Lasso is great for rough selections, but may leave you wanting if you desire a more refined edge, and for many rough selections the rectangular marquee is quicker, but for messing around that's just fine. One thing you should be aware of, so you're not terrified of it later, is the 'refined edge' window - you can access it by having an active selection (the marching ants), right-clicking the canvas (with whatever selection tool still active) and clicking 'Refine Edge...'. Here you can feather, include/exclude items that are right on the edge of the selection, n'such. Look up a youtube tutorial with someone using it and try to cut out something from an image using it, sort of like what you did for your avi.
Quick Select, in spite of how powerful it may seem at first, doesn't give you the control that I find myself wanting over my projects. But, meh, I haven't mastered it, perhaps you will.
Blur, and Smudge... along with Burn, Dodge, n'such are... not quite evil... but definitely nefarious. Haven't seen too many opportunities (beside photo-retouch) where they're useful instead of destructive... Sharpen, however, has its uses in moderation - for those times where a full-canvas filter is overkill, but should (again) be used in *moderation*.
As for filters, yeah, those things are fun, just don't get carried away with them - you could just be playing around (trying this'n'that) and build up too many actions in your history. Then, when you're done messing around, you want to go back to a previous state of your work, and lose the opportunity because it's been recycled out of your computer's memory... But this'll happen to you anyway sometimes, just be aware of it.
When you spam, you go all out don't you? God bless the select all and delete selected button... ~Duki3003

Offline Kyrdua

• I have no idea what i'm doing.
    • Lunatic Red (A member there XD)
okay. today during 4th lunch exam i messed around with photoshop in IIT, and I learned some interesting stuff.
My fave tools so far:

Lasso
Quick Select
Blur
Smudge

Fave Filters:

Liquify

to add to what pants is saying, learn :

pen tool - versatile. can be used for selecting and drawing smooth curves.
quick mask - correcting small mistakes in selections.
magic wand - kinda like an improved quick select.
layer mask - duplicate layer > add layer mask > >blur filters > brush off stuff = blur tool on steroids
smudge - use it with different brush effects (scatter, etc). learned from Xyresic.

note that you can take "snapshots" of your history history. useful for experimentations.
 signature: [email protected]: Cinderella Girls -- Kanzaki Ranko My Links | MyAnimelist

Offline Meomix

• For our glorious order
    • MAL
Guys how do you increase a images size in Photoshop, i'm trying to prevent devices on the internet from killing the image quality when they optimize it.

Offline Kyrdua

• I have no idea what i'm doing.
    • Lunatic Red (A member there XD)
^

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
 signature: [email protected]: Cinderella Girls -- Kanzaki Ranko My Links | MyAnimelist

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
My fave tools so far:

Lasso
Quick Select
Blur
Smudge

Fave Filters:

Liquify

to add to what pants is saying, learn :

pen tool - versatile. can be used for selecting and drawing smooth curves.
quick mask - correcting small mistakes in selections.
magic wand - kinda like an improved quick select.
layer mask - duplicate layer > add layer mask > >blur filters > brush off stuff = blur tool on steroids
smudge - use it with different brush effects (scatter, etc). learned from Xyresic.

note that you can take "snapshots" of your history history. useful for experimentations.
^ those are great to learn. If you do master Lasso and understand what else you can do with it, you can manipulate the toughest parts and make them shine very well. Also, there are similar ways to do things just as how Masking can work, without the use of Mask.

PhotoShop's tools doesn't fixate on a single "you must learn this specific tool in order to get this result" type. You have several options in order to achieve the same or similar (exact) results without the need to focus on "this tool only" type. That's the best thing about PhotoShop.

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline bloody000

Re: Photoshop Chalk Talk - A Comprehensive Introduction to Photoshop
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2011, 03:11:22 am »
ESPN does not require flash if it detects iPad Safari browsing the site. It then stream the video directly without flash. User agent sniffing 101.
All you have to do is study it out. Just study it out.

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2011, 04:37:03 am »
Great thread. I'll be adding contents of this to the wiki for the Wiki Expansion Project. :D

Offline Stsin

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2012, 08:37:33 am »
Nice thread.  Gonna go over it all more in depth later.

Here's some features in the upcoming release that impressed me.  Will save a lot of time for us dabblers, though doing it the old long way will still give the best results:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrlsnQ32YhY

Offline tahawy4242

• Love Is All we Need
    • http://bakabt.me/
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2012, 07:10:48 pm »
so cool
Abdullah モハメド

Offline HeartVivian

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2013, 01:28:01 am »
Does anyone know how to optimize a gif in CS6 for Chrome/IE? I know Firefox loads gifs the faster, but I would like to optimize so it would play easily on Chrome.

Offline RayIII

• I like it here
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2013, 07:01:47 pm »
This is Browser specific behaviour, I don't think you can optimize it for a specific one. But here is what I found, I think it's some sort of plugin for Chrome.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502191