Author Topic: PlayStation 4 + 4.5 [40+ Million Units Sold]  (Read 84238 times)

Offline bloody000

Re: PlayStation 4
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2011, 05:34:13 pm »
and look, "dude", this is not the first time I've seen you spouting half-assed pseudo-technical stuff. From video cards to OS to "supercomputer chips", you name it. Try to ask more "why" and "how" instead of simply regurgitating shit you picked up on the Internet.
Wait, it's really THAT wrong to actually make posts about ANYTHING? Are you okay? Did you have a bad morning and you want to take shit out on somebody? This is BBT community. This isn't Elitist Jerks where you have rules about how to fucking post properly or you get laughed at + ban hammered. I have my own rights on what to post and how to post it on whatever basis I pick up. You expect me to be a perfect human in order to fucking post? Does everyone in BBT look like a perfect human to you?

Don't sit there and tell me how to fucking make posts about what I want to post about. If you don't like me. Fuck off.

Even Makarov knows that goes both ways.
Are you gonna proclaim you own the thread next?
All you have to do is study it out. Just study it out.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2011, 05:36:38 pm »
and look, "dude", this is not the first time I've seen you spouting half-assed pseudo-technical stuff. From video cards to OS to "supercomputer chips", you name it. Try to ask more "why" and "how" instead of simply regurgitating shit you picked up on the Internet.
Wait, it's really THAT wrong to actually make posts about ANYTHING? Are you okay? Did you have a bad morning and you want to take shit out on somebody? This is BBT community. This isn't Elitist Jerks where you have rules about how to fucking post properly or you get laughed at + ban hammered. I have my own rights on what to post and how to post it on whatever basis I pick up. You expect me to be a perfect human in order to fucking post? Does everyone in BBT look like a perfect human to you?

Don't sit there and tell me how to fucking make posts about what I want to post about. If you don't like me. Fuck off.

Even Makarov knows that goes both ways.
Are you gonna proclaim you own the thread next?
The world is not going to end. Your gonna meet people that will irritate you or that you're not going to like. End of discussion.

Back on topic please.

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline TMRNetShark

• I thumps up my own youtube comments.
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2011, 06:46:18 pm »
As you pointed out the cost/performance ratio is too low. by the time they're reasonably cheap for average folks, that kind of price will likely get you last-gen(or even last^2-gen) performance and HDDs would still be much cheaper. But a separate small SSD buffer for small random I/O is very possible.

Ouch, I hurt myself laughing. A small SSD (Solid State Drive, right?) that acts as a bugger for small random Input/Output... right? That's called a cache, if I'm not mistaken. Most (if not all) computers have those today... already. Hell, even the PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Xbox, and even the PSOne had cache.

Not the same. MUCH bigger. data is persistent.  example: hybrid drives, Intel Z68 boards.

Eh, I don't really see what a hybrid drive really pushes in terms of a console. I mean sure, in a computer that is great because you would have all the files that your OS needs cached and can be well under 20 GBs. As for a console, the only thing I can think of is loading the entire game into a 20-50 GB "hybrid" SSD to get rid of load times altogether (well, after the initial loading). Even if the entire game couldn't fit on the 20 GBs that is given, that would only mean that you'd only ever hit a loading screen ONCE while playing the entire game (unless games go past 40 GBs). That's actually not that bad of an idea, but loading 20 GBs all at once will still take just as long as it does to load up a game like GTA 4 (about a minute). Good idea, but then again... is it really on the list of things we need versus the cost? A 20 GB SSD wouldn't cost much at all along with say, a 1 TB HDD that would make the console completely Blu-ray free and rely just on Digital Downloads.

If Sony can get it to work, you'll hear to complaints out of me. I don't like loading screens... they ruin my "immersion!" Hahah

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2011, 09:03:03 pm »
Tatsujin you seriously fail at reading comprehension and as usual you are half-assed at tech topics. Back then we knew new optical media was coming out. Whether people think it will succeed or not is irrelevant. Right now we only have BDXL for the immediate future and no new stuff in sight. That is the problem.
The new systems won't be coming out now. I've pointed out clearly the years 2014 and 2015. So three to four years from now we'll probably get a new format just as I have stated in my previous post. Did you read these sentences? Did you see how I connected them constructively? Are we going to fucking argue about this?

You clearly pissed me off dude with your insults.

Yes because an entirely new format is just gonna pop out of nowhere in three years when BDXL adoption is still catching up. Get real. And go look up the date of DVD/Blu-ray unveiling.
Of course they're going to announce what's going to come with the system. You honestly believe they should have announced it by now? What are you assuming? Do you have this incredible vast amount of knowledge and your making a big fuzz about it against me? The new formats aren't just to pop out of no where. It took them a while until they've attached Blu-ray with the PS3 thus it delayed it further. I've read this and Sony did announce it before PS3 release. You seem to misunderstand a lot of the shit skipping through my sentences and what I'm talking about.

Also, for the record. I've done my research on the unveiling of DVDs and Blu-rays. Bottom line, get your fucking shit together and quit insulting people right off the bat because someone somehow seems to piss you off. Okay?

So in terms of what an SSD can do for a console, what advantage does it have over a regular HDD? For a Bluray drive in a PS3, it's about 2x speed drive at 72 Mbps. The best SSD that doesn't break the $500 limit (which would be around $100-$150 in 3 or 4 years) does around 250 Mbps. But as it's been said already, games are only to get bigger the next generation (going from the average 7-14GBs to well over 20 GBs). Let's say Sony decides to go with a 1 TB SDD and the average game is 25 GBs. That's 36-39 games you can fit on that hard drive. Not only does the SSD have an advantage in read/write speeds (almost eliminating load times), but it can withstand up to 1500 G's? The only problem is THE COST and the amount of space needed. Obviously I cannot see into the future, nor can I guess the prices.

What I do know is that a 1 TB SDD right NOW... is well over $4,000. Can a $4,000 piece of technology (one piece that should very well NOT be the most expensive part of the console) really lower down to the price that will make it viable in the PS4(anywhere from $150-$250) in the next 3 or 4 years?

So why don't we go a step or two down to 500 GBs SSD. That's still 16-19 games that can be put on that SSD. Once again, the current price tag of an SSD of that is well over $1000. Will the price go down that drastically in the next 3 or 4 years? I don't know.

My point is, there are a ton of advantages of using SSD in a console. Those advantages cost way too much money while still needing to have enough money left over to design the really important parts of future proofing a console for 5-10 years (such as CPU, GPU, memory). Will having an SSD be great? Yeah, no more load times. But I'm not paying over $1000 just for a console that has an SSD (which is what it will probably cost us, the consumer).
SSD's should go down in price by 3 to 4 years. That's how everything goes in the market. I don't know if we'll have a 500GB SSD or 1TB. Lol and I doubt Sony is going to put a price tag of 500 dollars or more on PS4. If they do, well then they fucked up again. So maybe they won't really put an SSD in there or not even an HDD. They might actually come up with a whole new internal storage design for the PS4.

I highly doubt'd that the PS3 would actually have any type of storage and if anything, it would probably be very small - or so that's how I thought back in 2006. And so they came out with a 20GB and 60GB. It was good news back then. I treated a 60GB like it's a big hard drive.
i heard sony was gonna use crystals for its next HDD in the ps4

1000tb storage capacity but you cant change the contents only add to it. So they bring back memory cards fpr save data

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2011, 08:47:45 pm »
Crytek is involved in creating PlayStation 4 with Sony ... Very fucking sweet <3

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2011, 06:12:18 am »
Crytek is involved in creating PlayStation 4 with Sony ... Very fucking sweet <3

Crytek is only one developer. If Sony makes the hardware "easy" for developers to make beautiful and bug free games. I don't want to worry about frame rate issues either!

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2011, 09:43:35 pm »

Crytek is only one developer. If Sony makes the hardware "easy" for developers to make beautiful and bug free games. I don't want to worry about frame rate issues either!
Bugs are developers fault or issues they encounter through any game while its under development and they have to deal with them. Sony made PS3 very hard to develop for ... for whatever reasons they had.

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2011, 12:18:18 am »

Bugs are developers fault or issues they encounter through any game while its under development and they have to deal with them. Sony made PS3 very hard to develop for ... for whatever reasons they had.

To future proof it. Which then again, I don't understand why they only gave it 256 MBs of VRAM and 256 MBs of system RAM. Yay, Cell is good and all, but RAM is also VERY important.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2011, 03:32:13 am »

To future proof it. Which then again, I don't understand why they only gave it 256 MBs of VRAM and 256 MBs of system RAM. Yay, Cell is good and all, but RAM is also VERY important.
Agree. Sony and their ... inventions ...

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2011, 04:29:02 am »

Hey, hey, hey... that's Make Believe, motherfucker! Hahah, I agree... inventions my ass. More like products that other companies have... but just 20% more expensive (TVs, Laptops, etc). I was looking at a Sony Touchscreen computer today, and apparently they are asking $1800 just for what is a $600 computer (spec wise) with a camera that recognizes your movements and a 24" touchscreen.

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2011, 02:05:32 am »

Hey, hey, hey... that's Make Believe, motherfucker! Hahah, I agree... inventions my ass. More like products that other companies have... but just 20% more expensive (TVs, Laptops, etc). I was looking at a Sony Touchscreen computer today, and apparently they are asking $1800 just for what is a $600 computer (spec wise) with a camera that recognizes your movements and a 24" touchscreen.
sony charges premium prices and for a 24" touch screen comp its an all in one bullshit your paying for the gimmick of it being all in 1 and touchscreen and there being a 24 inch monitor why is it that shocking that a 600$ computer stuffed into a 24" touchscreen would be more then 600$ + 24" touchscreen

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2011, 02:27:00 am »

sony charges premium prices and for a 24" touch screen comp its an all in one bullshit your paying for the gimmick of it being all in 1 and touchscreen and there being a 24 inch monitor why is it that shocking that a 600$ computer stuffed into a 24" touchscreen would be more then 600$ + 24" touchscreen
Isn't it 3D and comes with glasses or something?

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2011, 08:04:10 am »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Isn't it 3D and comes with glasses or something?

Ehm, That's the $2400 model. :P

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2012, 08:26:16 am »

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2012, 09:08:41 am »
Well, at least there's mentions of a codename. Proves we're getting closer, IMO.

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2012, 07:20:47 am »
All I'm saying is they should test the console out and make sure it doesn't overheat after only 3 hours of gameplay in 80-90 degree weather (sometimes my room gets that hot when the door is closed during the summer time)...

Adequate cooling please!

Offline metro.

• notesonhowtolive.
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2012, 10:24:28 am »
They're rushing this out already? After the PS2 was out for what, 10 years? And great for most of that time.

If this starts into a pissing match between Sony and Microsoft for who can have the better hardware, my money is on Sony because they're willing to release systems that cost ridiculous amounts of money. But they can't manage to find any developers, they're boned there.

Exclusives are what sells a system, especially when XBL is much better then PSN in reliability, UI and ease of use.

Just my two cents.

at the movies drunk & young

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2012, 06:24:50 pm »
They're rushing this out already? After the PS2 was out for what, 10 years? And great for most of that time.

If this starts into a pissing match between Sony and Microsoft for who can have the better hardware, my money is on Sony because they're willing to release systems that cost ridiculous amounts of money. But they can't manage to find any developers, they're boned there.

Exclusives are what sells a system, especially when XBL is much better then PSN in reliability, UI and ease of use.

Just my two cents.

Sony just needs to have hardware that's easy to program for... :P

Offline krumm

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2012, 09:04:31 pm »

Just my two cents.

PS2 Released in 2000, PS3 Released in 2006, and the original I think was released in 1995.  You can do the math, but I don't see no rushing.  Each gen has been longer, this one is no exception.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2012, 10:02:23 pm »

Just my two cents.

Sony just needs to have hardware that's easy to program for... :P
I like the resolution. I thought 1080p would last pretty long but I was wrong. Now, this is what I want to ask for .. 16x Anti-Aliasing for fuck sakes! Stronger cooling system to keep that monster under control, more threading, keep that parallel feature and add more cores to do the work loads faster.

I don't want any backward compability system. Keep that price as low as possible.