Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 76902 times)

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
Xbox One
« on: June 14, 2011, 08:45:52 pm »
Report – Xbox 360 successor to be shown at E3 2012 with Timesplitters 4. Just don't fuck it up again Microsoft. And quit being dicks about gaming then I'll purchase your new console.

Report: Next-gen Xbox details at CES, hex-core CPU inside.

Xbox 720: Blu-ray inside, always-on netcon required. Confirmed information - not rumors. Release December of 2013.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:52:49 pm by Tatsujin »

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline Takeshi

Re: Xbox 360 Sucessor @ E3 2012 [Xbox 720? ...]
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 09:09:55 pm »
How did they fuck it up the first time?

I've always been a Sony fanboy so I doubt I'll make plans to purchase this console unless they show games of Uncharted quality. Nope, Gears of Wars or Halo doesn't win me over.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 10:08:20 pm »

I've always been a Sony fanboy so I doubt I'll make plans to purchase this console unless they show games of Uncharted quality. Nope, Gears of Wars or Halo doesn't win me over.
Red Ring of Death. What else. The only good IP they have on their system is Gears of War that is attractive to me. But did you honestly think I would purchase a system with so many issues? ... Ha.

Offline Sakubo

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:13:15 pm »
I bought my 360 to play Tales of Vesperia because I like the tales games. I have played a few other games on the system but I like the ps3 way better. Hopefully the new system with actually go with a decent blu ray drive that can be updated like the ps3 does so its actually worth buying games on it.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 11:46:14 pm »
I bought my 360 to play Tales of Vesperia because I like the tales games. I have played a few other games on the system but I like the ps3 way better. Hopefully the new system with actually go with a decent blu ray drive that can be updated like the ps3 does so its actually worth buying games on it.
Ah that game too! It was never brought to the US on the PS3. Japan's version on the PS3 is decked very well. It's a shame ...

Offline ph4zr

• Izaaaaaaya-kuuun!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 01:50:03 am »
Ah!... Vesperia... That wound is still fresh. -sigh-

Should be interesting to see. As for RRoD, you'd think with all the attention it got, they wouldn't repeat that. ...and hopefully I don't have to put my next console in a bunker just to keep a rogue cat from moving it half an inch and scratching all my disks to oblivion. /sighs some more

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Oh flickering blaze burn...
Why use skill when you can just spam fireball? /mage <3

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 02:59:30 am »
Can you imagine how amazing the future consoles are going to be? I don't want another ruined image. I personally think the first generation in 95-01 with PS1 and Nintendo 64 were great following PS2's superb success. But PS3/360/Wii doesn't feel so "amazing". I enjoyed playing N64 as much as PS1. Well, that's what I think and my opinions.

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 03:30:24 am »
Can you imagine how amazing the future consoles are going to be? I don't want another ruined image. I personally think the first generation in 95-01 with PS1 and Nintendo 64 were great following PS2's superb success. But PS3/360/Wii doesn't feel so "amazing". I enjoyed playing N64 as much as PS1. Well, that's what I think and my opinions.
its because those generations expanded on gameplay options for games instead of just trying to make them pretty. So you ended up with a lot of games with very good stories or very good game play that also had much better gfx

Instead of games with better gfx and recycled everything else or sequels

Offline zat0x91

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 05:58:18 am »
You know the RROD isn't that hard to fix?  If you can build a computer, than you can easily fix it.  Just involves replacing the heatsinks with ones that actually don't lose contact.  Otherwise you might need to solder (or desolder) whatever got melted when it did overheat.

Ah that game too! It was never brought to the US on the PS3. Japan's version on the PS3 is decked very well. It's a shame ...

There's a translation patch in the process, but who knows when they'll finish it.  I did buy my 360 pretty much for that game only and I ended up selling the console and gave the game away to a friend.

Offline TMRNetShark

• I thumps up my own youtube comments.
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 06:06:09 am »
I had gotten 3 RRoD Xbox 360's before I went to PS3. I still have fun playing Halo 3, Gears of War, and Mass Effect... but some of the posters here are right. The gap between the PSOne and the PS2 was FAR greater than the PS2 to PS3. All that the latest gap had done was give us better grapics (and motion sensing, but who uses that?). If the Xbox 3 and PS4 can do what the latest Unreal 3 engine tech demo did... I will be set. I really hope Nintendo stops making consoles and just put their first party games on either on MS's or Sony's consoles. I also want someone to yell out "And then there were only 2..." hehe

Offline Sakubo

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 06:19:04 am »

Sony and Best Buy actually have some really good deals sometimes if you watch for them. My ps3 was actually free. When I bought my tv like a year and a half ago Sony was doing this package deal. If you bought a sony tv, the sony ps3, a movie and a game there was a list of movies and games you could choose from, stuff that was published by sony, they gave you an instant rebate of 450 bucks. So I bought my tv which was already heavily on sale from best buy and I bought it as a package with the other items and the TV actually became cheaper because the ps3 the game and the movie was less than 450 bucks so in a sense I bought a tv and got them free. Was a great deal at the time. To bad you cant get deals like this with Microsoft =/

Offline ph4zr

• Izaaaaaaya-kuuun!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 06:26:54 am »
I wouldn't say they haven't made -any- real improvements outside of graphics. MS improved their controller IMO. The original XBox controller was hella awkward for me. ...Sony, on the other hand... -looks away awkwardly- In Nintendo's case I'm not sure I've liked any of their controllers since the SNES, although the N64 controller wasn't too bad once I got used to it. /jest

Re: RRoD: Even if you can fix it, it's a pretty bad design choice if the units are by and large doomed to fail within 2-3 years. Besides, if the GPU is trashed, replacing the heat sink isn't going to do much at that point. I should probably stop going back to this subject, though, since I imagine it's a sore spot prone to a lot of grumbling and trolling.

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 06:36:46 am »
I wouldn't say they haven't made -any- real improvements outside of graphics. MS improved their controller IMO. The original XBox controller was hella awkward for me. ...Sony, on the other hand... -looks away awkwardly- In Nintendo's case I'm not sure I've liked any of their controllers since the SNES, although the N64 controller wasn't too bad once I got used to it. /jest

Re: RRoD: Even if you can fix it, it's a pretty bad design choice if the units are by and large doomed to fail within 2-3 years. Besides, if the GPU is trashed, replacing the heat sink isn't going to do much at that point. I should probably stop going back to this subject, though, since I imagine it's a sore spot prone to a lot of grumbling and trolling.

There actually no restriction. You buy ANY Windows 7 PC, you register the system with MS and they send you an Xbox 360 Elite. At Best Buy, you get your free Xbox 360 the day you buy your laptop. How cool is that?

Offline zat0x91

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 06:57:56 am »

3.55 is probably is what's the latest compatible firmware since there's no CFW for any other version.  Then again, you'd probably be still at this firmware if you care about 'other things'.  Even though they claim it has to be OFW they're probably still relying on the same exploit to run the patch.

Offline MonkofMajere

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 03:19:06 pm »

Red Ring of Death. What else. The only good IP they have on their system is Gears of War that is attractive to me. But did you honestly think I would purchase a system with so many issues? ... Ha.
Yeah, the hardware issues were pretty severe for the 360 at the beginning, but at least they have security. I've dealt with the hardware issues, but when Sony got hacked for the n'th time, this time losing personal information, I pretty much said "Done!" to the company. I will never buy another Sony product game system or pay for another Sony based MMO. That's just a little ridiculous.

I'm very excited to see the next steps in the evolution of console gaming. I may be a primary PC gamer, but I definitely have been known to pick up a console every now and then. I don't think we'll be seeing the 720 for several years, though, so I'm not really on the edge of my seat or anything, though.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 03:46:07 pm »
Lol, I doubt it'll be called XboX 720p, people will think it's only semi-hd which it might be in some cases as I've heard not all games are in FullHD. FullHD would make a lot more sense.

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 08:33:36 pm »
Lol, I doubt it'll be called XboX 720p, people will think it's only semi-hd which it might be in some cases as I've heard not all games are in FullHD. FullHD would make a lot more sense.

"Full" HD can only be 1080p. 1080i is technically the same resolution, but refresh rates are different and the obvious difference between interlace and progressive scan. A good bit of Xbox 360 games don't support 1080p at all.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 09:49:17 pm »
You know the RROD isn't that hard to fix?  If you can build a computer, than you can easily fix it.  Just involves replacing the heatsinks with ones that actually don't lose contact.  Otherwise you might need to solder (or desolder) whatever got melted when it did overheat.

There's a translation patch in the process, but who knows when they'll finish it.  I did buy my 360 pretty much for that game only and I ended up selling the console and gave the game away to a friend.

I want to pay for a working product. Not a half assed product. I'm not gonna sit here and figure out "oh wow thats why it's not working?" and spend extra time fixing something that should be working for the years to come.

So the translators behind Vesperia are doing it legally or illegally? You mentioned a "patch" so I'm guessing you need to purchase the original game then somehow install the patch on your PS3.

Offline ph4zr

• Izaaaaaaya-kuuun!
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 10:46:34 pm »
Ugh... indeed. If it comes down to modding your console to make it work like it should have out of the box, you might as well just turn consoles into gaming cards that you install to your PC yourself. Of course, at that point you should probably just not even bother, but I think there is something to be said about a uniform development platform that makes me not want to leave consoles entirely.

Yes, I'm probably glossing over plenty of issues creating the development platform in the first place, since it has to interface with a wide range of computer hardware, but details, details!
<< obviously an "armchair" brand engineer at work, who doesn't actually know anything about console architecture anyway. XD

Offline fohfoh

• Mod AznV~ We don't call it "Live Action"
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 06:28:50 am »

Why not? Goes well with windows 7 mobile and all that nice naming.
/sarcasm

Microsoft neXt or something like that might work. Keep in mind 360 had an X (siXty, for those who cannot think hard enough)in it. Now imagine the tirades and media storm if the console was called the "seXy". It would HAVE to be a round console. Circle power button in the front.
This is your home now. So take advantage of everything here, except me.