Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 76765 times)

Offline lololitas

• Staff
  • Warning! May appear random at times!
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #1280 on: May 15, 2014, 01:44:40 pm »
Well there's one thing they still didn't learn: Don't let the enemy know what you're planning. If those leaked lists are correct, and sony is still as competent as during those reveals, they will figure out a way to get an even better position. That said, the only thing I want from sony is a major vita localization effort.

Also don't forget that the X1 has sold much less than the PS4, which is going to be a major detriment for devs and smaller publishers. A redeeming point for the new package is though, that the X1 is in supply. And it will be cheaper than the PS4, which is currently at 480€ in germany due to it being out of stock all the time.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:29:28 pm by lololitas »

Offline halfelite

« Reply #1281 on: May 15, 2014, 07:39:07 pm »
Well there's one thing they still didn't learn: Don't let the enemy know what you're planning. If those leaked lists are correct, and sony is still as competent as during those reveals, they will figure out a way to get an even better position. That said, the only thing I want from sony is a major vita localization effort.

Also don't forget that the X1 has sold much less than the PS4, which is going to be a major detriment for devs and smaller publishers. A redeeming point for the new package is though, that the X1 is in supply. And it will be cheaper than the PS4, which is currently at 480€ in germany due to it being out of stock all the time.

The amount of units sold I doubt plays much of a role in which way devs swing. even more so now that each console has sold very well. Yes ps4 is at 7mill and yes xbone is at 5mill.  But latest sales figures puts xbone at an attach rate of 2.9 games per console and ps4 is sitting at 2.3. So attach rate per games is slightly higher on the xbone which evens out the sales figure numbers. Not to mention then you get games geared towards different regions and it again takes into account specific console numbers for a region.

I wonder what each company offers in terms of exclusives like what type of "package"

Offline lololitas

• Staff
  • Warning! May appear random at times!
« Reply #1282 on: May 15, 2014, 08:12:10 pm »
Yeah but it should be hard to get a company to make an exclusive title for a 5 mil customer base, when there's another 7 mil staring at you. Sure you won't sell 1 game per console, but having a larger market is always a good starting point.

I doubt the content offered via PS+ is counted towards the game sales though, and those should be at least 21mil, more like 49mil (50% or 100% membership rate). Anyway, all that number-crunching won't show which console is better (mostly because we've got 2 boxes that are mostly the same). All I'm saying is that as a publisher, I'd probably not make any exclusives (or exclusive DLCs) 10 out of 10 times, unless there was a big wad of money from one side. And if I did make one I'd make it for the console with more sales since the number of potential sales is larger should the game actually be good. That said, I'm still not getting any console until there are games that I desperately want. Both sides are desperately lacking at the moment, and the only game on the horizon that has me drooling is The last guardian. (I don't count Persona 5 and further atelier instances, since it's PS3)

Offline Gh0st93

~ This space for rent. ~

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #1284 on: April 03, 2016, 08:49:11 am »
No, we're not interesting in Xbox 1.5. What are you interested in, Spencer .. Xbox 2.0? Not a new system but it's an upgrade huh? Lol. Check out the comments below the OP, they're fun to read.

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #1287 on: May 26, 2016, 05:46:19 pm »
Well there's one thing they still didn't learn: Don't let the enemy know what you're planning.
For some reason or other, both of them know, hardware wise at least, what each one is up to. Started with PS3 I guess. The PS guys contracted IBM to create their custom chip, and them xbox guys came to IBM, asked them what they were working on and IBM shows them about their secret project proudly. And viola, xbox comes out with similar hardware. Pretty sure the case was similar for this generation and might be for the upcoming generations. Both of them mostly have some kinda non-official agreement to share stuff as long as hardware is concerned.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #1288 on: May 27, 2016, 05:06:21 am »

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #1289 on: May 27, 2016, 06:08:51 am »
Xbox One Scorpio targeting higher peak performance than PS4 Neo
Nope. Not gonna happen. If it does, this just might be the last console ever!

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline halfelite

« Reply #1290 on: May 27, 2016, 08:59:28 pm »
Xbox One Scorpio targeting higher peak performance than PS4 Neo
Nope. Not gonna happen. If it does, this just might be the last console ever!

I think it will depend on the price of the NEO and the xbox scorpio. I am a casual gamer and I would love to play some of the VR stuff coming out but not at the price of building a 1k$ computer on top of the vr headset price. If they can price them around 500$ I think a lot of people would go for it just for the VR stuff.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:38:26 am by megido-rev.M »

Offline megido-rev.M

Offline Tanis

« Reply #1293 on: January 28, 2017, 07:19:05 am »
That seem REALLY stupid to REMOVE a feature.

Offline halfelite

« Reply #1294 on: January 30, 2017, 05:26:44 pm »
That seem REALLY stupid to REMOVE a feature.

Rumor is they are replacing it with a PIP feature for items that need it. Dont make everything multitasking only what is needed.

Offline megido-rev.M

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #1296 on: March 02, 2017, 05:07:27 pm »
Nope.  I'm already spread too thin with Netflix and several other subscriptions.  I do worry they'll use this to end their games with gold program.  That was one of the reasons that I've stuck with Gold for so long.

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline megido-rev.M

Online Winkle