Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 76791 times)

Offline TMRNetShark

• I thumps up my own youtube comments.
Re: Xbox 360 Sucessor @ E3 2012 [Xbox 720? ...]
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 06:34:42 am »
Lol, I doubt it'll be called XboX 720p, people will think it's only semi-hd which it might be in some cases as I've heard not all games are in FullHD. FullHD would make a lot more sense.

Why not? Goes well with windows 7 mobile and all that nice naming.
/sarcasm

Microsoft neXt or something like that might work. Keep in mind 360 had an X (siXty, for those who cannot think hard enough)in it. Now imagine the tirades and media storm if the console was called the "seXy". It would HAVE to be a round console. Circle power button in the front.

I actually KNOW the name of Microsoft's new console... Xbox FourThirdsPiRCubed... (Volume of a circle sphere for our more stupid audience).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 06:42:57 am by TMRNetShark »

Offline fohfoh

• Mod AznV~ We don't call it "Live Action"
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 06:41:08 am »
I wondered about the name Xperience... but I don't know if Microsoft would think it be a good idea to bring in a name that can be nicked the "XP"
This is your home now. So take advantage of everything here, except me.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 07:20:58 am »
Imo, Xperience is way too generic, it needs to be heard in a conversation as "360". All bets are off if they are as unoriginal as Sony. Vita... It would been a cool name if it wasn't for Windows' Vista.

Offline newy

• Staff
  • Yack...Deculture!
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 11:38:37 am »
I don't expect much of the new console that will probably announced on the E3 2012 to be then released somewhere at the end of 2012 or 2013. Why? Because it will probably only support DX11 or better said the current technology. I'm not saying that there will be a DX12 then but I doubt that AMD and nVidia will be doing nothing in that time.

tl;dr the new generation will probably have outdated technology and once again slow down the development of games...
I knew nothing of the outside world. I was just a frog in a well.

Offline Meandola

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 05:25:11 pm »
You know the RROD isn't that hard to fix? If you can build a computer, than you can easily fix it.  Just involves replacing the heatsinks with ones that actually don't lose contact.  Otherwise you might need to solder (or desolder) whatever got melted when it did overheat.

I bought my 360 to play Tales of Vesperia because I like the tales games. I have played a few other games on the system but I like the ps3 way better. Hopefully the new system with actually go with a decent blu ray drive that can be updated like the ps3 does so its actually worth buying games on it.
Ah that game too! It was never brought to the US on the PS3. Japan's version on the PS3 is decked very well. It's a shame ...

There's a translation patch in the process, but who knows when they'll finish it.  I did buy my 360 pretty much for that game only and I ended up selling the console and gave the game away to a friend.

I want to pay for a working product. Not a half assed product. I'm not gonna sit here and figure out "oh wow thats why it's not working?" and spend extra time fixing something that should be working for the years to come.

So the translators behind Vesperia are doing it legally or illegally? You mentioned a "patch" so I'm guessing you need to purchase the original game then somehow install the patch on your PS3.

Have to agree with Tatsu, hardware failure that early is just terrible, end of. You know, my 10 year old PS2 still works perfectly, as does my 15 year old Nintendo 64. So why can't MS make a product that atleast last till their next console?

Offline pingryanime

• Adult Arbiter
  • Japanese Dude Obsessed With Touhou and Misaka
    • Yukkuricraft
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 07:24:46 pm »
Shit's going to fail and M$ is probably going to money whore it again with another stupid pay-to-play-online-games-hurdur plan as usual.

Offline ph4zr

• Izaaaaaaya-kuuun!
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 03:59:18 am »
Have to agree with Tatsu, hardware failure that early is just terrible, end of. You know, my 10 year old PS2 still works perfectly, as does my 15 year old Nintendo 64. So why can't MS make a product that atleast last till their next console?
Holy... the N64 IS that old. Dammit I'm getting on in years. Quick, someone, your youth! Your youth! ...wait, it doesn't work that way, does it? -reality check- /resigns self to ancient-ness /jest...sorta

My PS2 works, too! It's even one of the older ones, that I've had for awhile. It's not "first gen", but it's fairly old. I'd have to check the firmware for an actual date, though. Hell, I found a GBA and DS that still boot, but there's no reason to play either with backwards compatibility. <<hint-hint, Nintendo, Sony, and MS.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

With me, though, it's less the issue of having to replace a console every 2-3 years than it is that I won't be able to play the old games 10 years down the road if everyone keeps throwing backwards-compatibility out the window. Honestly, a console every 2 years is still less than I spend on computers and related harware, which are a lot more integral to my daily life than my GameStation 360 or PFP 3DX. XD

Mind, I'm not actually saying it's a good practice to design a console that's going to die every 2 years. Hell, it pisses me off, but I doubt companies are going to change their practice of using cheap parts in pre-builts (be it PC or console). They seem to figure consumers don't really care, and for the most part, they're right. How many people do -you- know that replace their consoles (or computers) rather than wrangle with the warranty system or replace internal parts themselves? Honestly, now.
Oh flickering blaze burn...
Why use skill when you can just spam fireball? /mage <3

Offline zat0x91

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 04:30:20 am »
So the translators behind Vesperia are doing it legally or illegally? You mentioned a "patch" so I'm guessing you need to purchase the original game then somehow install the patch on your PS3.

There's no plans to bring the PS3 version of Vesperia to the US so I don't know.  It's just a fan-made patch: http://www.talesofvesperia.net/

You're going to need to be on firmware 3.55 or below since it's going to run similar to how the jailbreak did.  I doubt you have to have a legitimate version game for it to run with the patch, even though they claim you have to own the physical game.  I'm pretty sure that there's going to be some bypass.  I don't sit too well of the idea of buying the same game twice.

What will I need for this patch?

A PS3 that has not been updated beyond firmware version 3.55
    A retail copy of Tales of Vesperia for the PS3.
    A USB drive with at least 128 MB of free space. It will not require any sort of "jailbreak" usb device.

We cannot guarantee that the patch will work on any firmware version later than 3.55. We also suggest that you avoid trying any sort of "CFW" in the meantime; instructions will be posted when the patch is released.

Will it work with my backed up copy of Tales of Vesperia?

No. The translation will only work with R3volution, and will not work with backups, ISOs, or emulators. Buy the game.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 04:45:15 am by zat0x91 »

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 12:12:39 pm »
You know the RROD isn't that hard to fix? If you can build a computer, than you can easily fix it.  Just involves replacing the heatsinks with ones that actually don't lose contact.  Otherwise you might need to solder (or desolder) whatever got melted when it did overheat.

I bought my 360 to play Tales of Vesperia because I like the tales games. I have played a few other games on the system but I like the ps3 way better. Hopefully the new system with actually go with a decent blu ray drive that can be updated like the ps3 does so its actually worth buying games on it.
Ah that game too! It was never brought to the US on the PS3. Japan's version on the PS3 is decked very well. It's a shame ...

There's a translation patch in the process, but who knows when they'll finish it.  I did buy my 360 pretty much for that game only and I ended up selling the console and gave the game away to a friend.

I want to pay for a working product. Not a half assed product. I'm not gonna sit here and figure out "oh wow thats why it's not working?" and spend extra time fixing something that should be working for the years to come.

Have to agree with Tatsu, hardware failure that early is just terrible, end of. You know, my 10 year old PS2 still works perfectly, as does my 15 year old Nintendo 64. So why can't MS make a product that atleast last till their next console?4
yea my original greenscreen gameboy still works and so does my super nintendo.
However my super mario sometimes erases saves cuz we dropped the cartridge so many times over the years

Offline fohfoh

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 06:30:41 am »
My GB-Brick works ok. But the rust may have gotten to it. (Brought it to tropical areas a lot back in the day). Battery cover is busted too.

BG Pocket lite works perfectly fine though. Glad I can play my GB games in indigo light. :)

Honestly though, the first console to really have issues ws the PS2 slim. But for a slightly different reason than the 360. the 360 was pure catastrophe.

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 12:57:20 pm »
im also convinced everyone elses xboxs were breaking cuz you assholes babied them. I leave mine on for weeks at a time for the past several years and have had no problems at all

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 04:25:46 am »
im also convinced everyone elses xboxs were breaking cuz you assholes babied them. I leave mine on for weeks at a time for the past several years and have had no problems at all

Hahaha, I know you are kidding/being sarcastic. BUT, I have no clue how you can baby a console, unless you mean like play it for 30 minutes and then leave it off for 12 hours. That would technically be babying it... but I wouldn't even leave my laptop on for more than 72 hours. And my laptop is a champ (it's on at least 14-16 hours a day, every day, for 2 years).

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 08:03:56 am »
You know the RROD isn't that hard to fix?  If you can build a computer, than you can easily fix it.  Just involves replacing the heatsinks with ones that actually don't lose contact.  Otherwise you might need to solder (or desolder) whatever got melted when it did overheat.

Here are my 50 cents from a perspective of an electronics layman:

One day at work a colleague brought his 360 with RROD. After all, we produce electronics all the way up to military and aviation standards, so equipment was definitely present to make such a simple change. When we opened up that Xbox and looked inside... that was not an impressive view. Under a quick look in the microscope we saw that soldering was of poor quality, class 1,5 at best, I doubt it could really qualify as a class 2 PCB anywhere but in China. Then that heatsink was retarded, that CPU was just screaming for a bigger sink with a proper fan on top, what was there is just pathetic. We even discovered cold soldering on some of the IC on the board, it was a board that would have been thrown away in the garbage after being inspected in the quality department.

"Made in China/ Made in Taiwan" = Epic failure.

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2011, 12:41:41 pm »

Hahaha, I know you are kidding/being sarcastic. BUT, I have no clue how you can baby a console, unless you mean like play it for 30 minutes and then leave it off for 12 hours. That would technically be babying it... but I wouldn't even leave my laptop on for more than 72 hours. And my laptop is a champ (it's on at least 14-16 hours a day, every day, for 2 years).
im only being partly sarcastic i do literally leave my consoles on for weeks on end cuz im to lazy to save or turn them off

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2011, 05:47:19 pm »

im only being partly sarcastic i do literally leave my consoles on for weeks on end cuz im to lazy to save or turn them off

And you have an original style Xbox 360? I never knew those things still existed? I went through 3 of them... O.o

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 03:05:58 am »

And you have an original style Xbox 360? I never knew those things still existed? I went through 3 of them... O.o
bought my xbox nov 30 07

Order Date: 11/30/2007
Order Number: BBY01-221771006629

Qty
         Product Description

Microsoft-Xbox 360 Console System with Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance-B4J-00107
         Microsoft-Quick Charge Kit for Xbox 360-B4Z-00001

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 07:37:31 am »

bought my xbox nov 30 07

Order Date: 11/30/2007
Order Number: BBY01-221771006629

Qty
         Product Description

Microsoft-Xbox 360 Console System with Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance-B4J-00107
         Microsoft-Quick Charge Kit for Xbox 360-B4Z-00001

Your temp. in your room should be about 65-70 F at the very least to let your Xbox run without problems. There were several testing cases were they placed the 360 and PS3 in separate rooms, but same with concentrated heat of over 100 F for 24 hours exactly running non-stop. The 360 came out dead, the PS3 lived. Well, those tests were about 3+ years old. I left my PS3 on for like 5 days and had no problems with it. One time, I left it on for 2 days and when I got back to play it froze for two to three seconds then resumed. But I've also done it couple of times with my PS3.

So on-topic, the new console for Xbox should be announced at E3 2012. More than likely it will be released in 2013. I doubt Sony will announce PS4 in 2012 but probably around 2013 and release it in 2014. I'm afraid of the shitty gaming cycle we had in this generation to be repeated in the next ...

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 08:08:06 am »

So on-topic, the new console for Xbox should be announced at E3 2012. More than likely it will be released in 2013. I doubt Sony will announce PS4 in 2012 but probably around 2013 and release it in 2014. I'm afraid of the shitty gaming cycle we had in this generation to be repeated in the next ...

It's been different every time so far. Playstation released first in 1994. N64 was in 1996. And the Dreamcast in 1998.

The generation after that was the PS2 in 2000. The Gamecube and Xbox came later in 2001.

This generation. Xbox 360 in 2005. A year later, the PS3 and Wii.

The next generation (or future generation) is the WiiU in 2012. The Xbox 3 (for lack of a better or official name) in 2013 (supposedly). And lastly the PS4 sometime in 2014 (even though they will support the PS3 for 10 years just like what they have done with the PS2). Whoever releases last will have the least initial market share. Though Sony might have an advantage with 1-2 year advantage on hardware. Who knows, I'm still enjoying this generation's consoles.

Offline fohfoh

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 08:44:01 am »
My original one RROD'd 2 years after I got it. I had the pre-release version I won from Pepsi. Came with that shitty game Kameo or whatever it was... It was like playing a game of Katamari where someone went in beforehand and broke his legs. Second game I believe was Ridge Racer... now that was a weird game too. Overall, I was not blown away by the graphics when it first came out.

I remember going, "WTF a PS2 can render this level of graphic quality. Wtf is this shit?" (This being the fact when they touted hardware capabilities of like 10-20x more powerful than a PS2 or xbox or something like that.)
Eh... it was free. What do I really care?

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 08:50:15 am »
My original one RROD'd 2 years after I got it. I had the pre-release version I won from Pepsi. Came with that shitty game Kameo or whatever it was... It was like playing a game of Katamari where someone went in beforehand and broke his legs. Second game I believe was Ridge Racer... now that was a weird game too. Overall, I was not blown away by the graphics when it first came out.

I remember going, "WTF a PS2 can render this level of graphic quality. Wtf is this shit?" (This being the fact when they touted hardware capabilities of like 10-20x more powerful than a PS2 or xbox or something like that.)
Eh... it was free. What do I really care?

I had thought CoD2 was great looking on the Xbox 360. I was like, WOW! CoD is awesome even though the first one was just as awesome!

Now, in retrospect... it's weird that CoD2 came out in 2005. It's 2011 now and CoD 8 is coming out.... Kinda lost it's fizzle after almost 6 years and 6 games later. Still, I like the game.

As for it being 10-20x better in graphics... we didn't see that until AFTER the launch titles. I still think Resistance was one ugly game... even though it played well.