Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 76792 times)

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
Re: Xbox 360 Sucessor @ E3 2012 [Xbox 720? ...]
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 10:55:51 am »
My original one RROD'd 2 years after I got it. I had the pre-release version I won from Pepsi. Came with that shitty game Kameo or whatever it was... It was like playing a game of Katamari where someone went in beforehand and broke his legs. Second game I believe was Ridge Racer... now that was a weird game too. Overall, I was not blown away by the graphics when it first came out.

I remember going, "WTF a PS2 can render this level of graphic quality. Wtf is this shit?" (This being the fact when they touted hardware capabilities of like 10-20x more powerful than a PS2 or xbox or something like that.)
Eh... it was free. What do I really care?

I had thought CoD2 was great looking on the Xbox 360. I was like, WOW! CoD is awesome even though the first one was just as awesome!

Now, in retrospect... it's weird that CoD2 came out in 2005. It's 2011 now and CoD 8 is coming out.... Kinda lost it's fizzle after almost 6 years and 6 games later. Still, I like the game.

As for it being 10-20x better in graphics... we didn't see that until AFTER the launch titles. I still think Resistance was one ugly game... even though it played well.
Resistance 2 was an ugly game. Resistance 1 had less jaggers. R2 had better lightning but awful jaggers.

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline ph4zr

• Izaaaaaaya-kuuun!
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 12:35:26 pm »
/off topic:
I wouldn't mind seeing some Jagers in a video game. They have pretty awesome hats.

As for COD, it's okay. Some companies make the same game every year and it still sells. Well, I guess they change a few things around... like names and titles.
Actually, I've never played those games, so maybe they change a lot.
Oh flickering blaze burn...
Why use skill when you can just spam fireball? /mage <3

Offline TMRNetShark

• I thumps up my own youtube comments.
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 09:07:52 pm »
/off topic:
I wouldn't mind seeing some Jagers in a video game. They have pretty awesome hats.

As for COD, it's okay. Some companies make the same game every year and it still sells. Well, I guess they change a few things around... like names and titles.
Actually, I've never played those games, so maybe they change a lot.

The list of Call of Duty from best to worst (in my opinion): Modern Warfare, CoD2, CoD, WaW & BO (only because of zombies), MW2, and finally CoD3. Yeah, the only reason MW2 was bad compared to Modern Warfare was because of the lack of Dedicated Servers. At that point though, MW2 was only being tailored for the consoles and not the PC. I just wish Treyarch would make a standalone zombies game with 10 maps, with DLC content of two maps or more. One "Tank, Richtofen, Nikolai, and Takeo" map, and one with 4 different characters. Quite honestly, I want to see a zombies map with Abe Lincoln, George Washington, Winston Churchill, and Bill Clinton. THAT would be funny (in respects to what they would say).

Anyways, when the Xbox 3 releases, they will more than likely have a CoD game as the flagship release title.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus

Offline Havoc10K

Re: Xbox 720 ... with Blu-ray [December 2013]
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 12:55:27 pm »
bump

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 01:04:50 pm »
bump
thx.

Xbox 720: Blu-ray inside, always-on netcon required. Confirmed information - not rumors. Releases December of 2013. Also, ... Blu-ray, huh Microsoft? Whatever happened to the "everything will be stored on your console next generation". You were the ones that said "no one will use disc storages and certainly Blu-ray will die" ... Sigh, sigh.

Wii U releases ... next year I think or was it this year? PS4 information released few days ago, Xbox 720 followed suite right away. Nice competition from all three.

Offline TMRNetShark

• I thumps up my own youtube comments.
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012, 04:58:20 pm »
bump
thx.

Xbox 720: Blu-ray inside, always-on netcon required. Confirmed information - not rumors. Releases December of 2013. Also, ... Blu-ray, huh Microsoft? Whatever happened to the "everything will be stored on your console next generation". You were the ones that said "no one will use disc storages and certainly Blu-ray will die" ... Sigh, sigh.

Wii U releases ... next year I think or was it this year? PS4 information released few days ago, Xbox 720 followed suite right away. Nice competition from all three.

"Multiple sources have confirmed this morning that the machine will have two GPUs"
“'It’s like two PCs taped together.'”

Do they not realize that SLI was first released BEFORE the Xbox 360 and the PS3? And that we have multi-cored GPU's nowadays in most of our gaming cards (if not all)?

If they act like the PS4 and the Xbox 3 will be superior to modern PC computers, then the hardware better back it up. I mean, it'll probably be equivalent to a hexcore processor and maybe two ATI 7770's. All I'm saying is, the graphics better scale well (cause the consoles' graphics have peaked maybe 2 years ago).

Offline undetz

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2012, 07:51:07 pm »
My GB-Brick works ok. But the rust may have gotten to it. (Brought it to tropical areas a lot back in the day). Battery cover is busted too.

BG Pocket lite works perfectly fine though. Glad I can play my GB games in indigo light. :)

Honestly though, the first console to really have issues ws the PS2 slim. But for a slightly different reason than the 360. the 360 was pure catastrophe.
Well, the GB is more or less indestructible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBeTXPaewMo

Ok, Microsoft, now go and replicate the feat and create a console that can survive a military air strike.

Offline Muk666

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2012, 08:44:47 pm »
Ok, Microsoft, now go and replicate the feat and create a console that can survive a military air strike.

I think most people would be happy if it wont break from regular use =)
Dont know what to put here

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 10:32:52 pm »

I think most people would be happy if it wont break from regular use =)
Amen. Okay, go check the PS4 thread lmao ... love this story.

Offline zherok

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2012, 06:11:18 am »
If they act like the PS4 and the Xbox 3 will be superior to modern PC computers, then the hardware better back it up. I mean, it'll probably be equivalent to a hexcore processor and maybe two ATI 7770's. All I'm saying is, the graphics better scale well (cause the consoles' graphics have peaked maybe 2 years ago).
arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2012/04/the-x86-playstation-4-signals-a-sea-change-in-the-console-industry.ars

I think they have a point about not needing to chase PC specs. Unlike the previous generation, they're not making the leap to high definition. TVs likely won't widely support a higher native resolution than 1920x1080 this generation, and building in support to prepare for the next standard costs everyone more and only adds support to bleeding edge technologies with uncertain futures.

So the next leap doesn't need to be as gigantic because they're still rendering at 1080p. Might be nice for the PC if it means more standardized consoles are easier to backport to PC, although we'll see whether they actually take advantage of it.

Offline logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 08:17:55 am »
TBH I have absolutely no interest in the specs of the new console, all I give a shit about is will it be reliable?  360's are a fucking joke when it comes to dependability and the OG xbox wasn't much better.  Wish Microsoft would take some tips from Sony and learn to build a quality machine...

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2012, 09:07:59 am »
TBH I have absolutely no interest in the specs of the new console, all I give a shit about is will it be reliable?  360's are a fucking joke when it comes to dependability and the OG xbox wasn't much better.  Wish Microsoft would take some tips from Sony and learn to build a quality machine...
They need a real cooling system rather than installing some small fans. Also, get more air flow inside the system. I'm sure they've learned their lesson. I mean, they're eating shit and putting Blu-ray inside their new machine.

Offline GoGeTa006

• The fate of destruction is also the joy of Rebirth
    • Anime Planet listing
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2012, 10:01:58 am »
The guy on the last link (vg247)
 sums it up pretty good:

How much better than the 360′s GPU would the new one need to be to give 1080p, 60 FPS as standard, with all the MSAA and whatever other fancy pants bullshit that makes games look pretty?

What I really wanna know is, is there any special tech that will do something new for gaming? Like the Wii U’s already got something new there, as they have always done with every console launch. What are MS gonna do. Even something subtle like eliminating load times or providing more memory for AI (however that would work) or, I dunno, something NEW! Not just 360 plus sauce.

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2012, 01:01:06 pm »
bump
thx.

"Multiple sources have confirmed this morning that the machine will have two GPUs"
“'It’s like two PCs taped together.'”

Do they not realize that SLI was first released BEFORE the Xbox 360 and the PS3? And that we have multi-cored GPU's nowadays in most of our gaming cards (if not all)?

on the cod games the only reason CoD 1 died was cuz activision refused to fix the bug with left lean. After that punkbuster stopped being updated and the game died a couple years later. Otherwise it would be like 1.6 and still have a competition going for it. There was even a cod1 online tourney about 4 months ago like 60 teams showed up

My GB-Brick works ok. But the rust may have gotten to it. (Brought it to tropical areas a lot back in the day). Battery cover is busted too.

BG Pocket lite works perfectly fine though. Glad I can play my GB games in indigo light. :)

Honestly though, the first console to really have issues ws the PS2 slim. But for a slightly different reason than the 360. the 360 was pure catastrophe.
Well, the GB is more or less indestructible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBeTXPaewMo

And even that gameboy like everyone elses green screen gameboy, lost the grey plastic cover for the screen lol
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:07:59 pm by mgz »

Offline FlyinPenguin

• Wishes all anime was yuri ;)
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2012, 02:19:43 am »
Honestly, I'm not that excited. We are finally at the point in console gaming where things just look so damn good already. On the PS1 it was so obvious that there was alot of room for improvement. Sure the graphics were amazing for the time but I was always noticing things that could be better such as explosions, reflections, faces, hands, etc. Even on the PS2 and XBOX there were plenty of instances where the graphics weren't convincing enough. But now with the PS3 and 360 the graphics are so good that everything is pretty convincing. Explosions are detailed, faces look almost lifelike, vehicles even show the stitching on leather seats, etc. Basically, I'm glad its not coming out for close to two years because I am pretty content right now.

I'm sure as screenshots and videos showcasing the amazing graphics come out I will start to get excited. I already know that I'm going to buy it but I just don't feel that pumped right now.

I think I'm more excited that Time Splitter 4 will be a launch title 8)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 05:12:40 am by FlyinPenguin »

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url=http://www.anime-

Offline elvikun

• Coffee Addict
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2012, 02:30:25 am »
Well. Funny thing that, new Xbox will be close to how computers are nowdays. Computers will prolly be Skynet-level before this comes. Consoles will finally get decent textures. Wonder what will be standart for computers.
"The only way we'll make it out alive... is if we don't get killed!"

Offline Rizirdo

• I like ecchi -.- because it makes me laugh...
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2012, 10:41:42 pm »
give us better grapics (and motion sensing, but who uses that?).
i use motion sensing for House of The Dead 4 that i downloaded off PSN. really fun to play on your own and a crowd. ;D
"Candy taste like chicken, if chicken was a candy" - Toki Wartooth

Offline Rizirdo

• I like ecchi -.- because it makes me laugh...
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2012, 10:46:27 pm »
They need a real cooling system rather than installing some small fans. Also, get more air flow inside the system. I'm sure they've learned their lesson. I mean, they're eating shit and putting Blu-ray inside their new machine.
i personaly think that MS should drop out of the gaming system bill and stay with windows and make it more simpler... if possible.
"Candy taste like chicken, if chicken was a candy" - Toki Wartooth

Offline revo

• I Can Only Carry 50 Loli's at a Time
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2012, 01:03:53 pm »
Make windows even more simpler ?