Author Topic: Shingeki No Kyojin  (Read 9576 times)

Offline shensu3

• Why so serious?
Re: Shingeki No Kyojin
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 04:04:54 pm »
The trailer was awesome ! I don't know, I  guess im used to it now ! I dont mind
It's now confirmed that this is going to get animated in the spring of '13!
inb4 watered down middle budget mediocre anime that diverges from the manga at some point in order to reach a pseudo-conclusion.
that because I get to see some action in color and I really liked the part in the trailer where they show 3D maneuver thingy

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 12:12:24 am »
Just mowed through the 41 chapters out myself. Great manga, reminds me a lot of Gantz because of the desperate characters and the hopelessness. The only thing I dislike about it is the introduction of people in titans. It's just too damn Japanese. You know, people piloting big things.

It'll be interesting to see just how the titans were made. I'm guessing part of a secret experiment (which is almost always the case). And how were Erena and Annie able to transform into titans? His dad probably had something to do with it. As fathers always do. Also, the skipping in time is pretty annoying. It's okay for TV shows because you have to hock people on from the get-go, but this is a manga. Story is the important thing here.

inb4 watered down middle budget mediocre anime that diverges from the manga at some point in order to reach a pseudo-conclusion.
Gantz and Deadman Wonderland didn't diverge. Zetman did though. As opposed to Zetman there's tons of action in this manga so the stuff that hocks viewers would definitely be there a lot even if they went with a good pace. Zetman had a lot of explaining for example.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:17:37 am by Takeshi »

Offline Slysoft

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 05:33:18 am »
Maybe I'm just not looking correctly, but I can't find anywhere to download scanlations for this manga. Reading it online won't work for me because I don't have an internet connection half of the time.

Offline xShadow

• No
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 09:34:02 am »
I would just try something like this: http://www.majorshare.com/manga-downloader/
(Note: I do not use that... yet... so do not ask me if it works; do some research on forums beforehand)

I have something like that on my phone and it tends to work just fine.

If it was a few years back, I would have given you my usual reply, which is something like this:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Cute, huh?

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 12:02:21 pm »
I would just try something like this: http://www.majorshare.com/manga-downloader/
(Note: I do not use that... yet... so do not ask me if it works; do some research on forums beforehand)
I wouldn't recommend it. You're forced to install a toolbar.

Just go to Manga-Traders and download whatever they have available. You could download official files from TDX, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Offline dbml

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 08:00:59 am »
Whaaaaaaat? Just read 42 and 43. You've got to be kidding me.

I want answers. Right now.

Offline abc cuz

• -___-
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 01:40:45 pm »
^kind of sudden right? there wasn't really any foreshadowing that I noticed, the artist probably could have done it better. but maybe thats the exact shock that he intended
I'll get round to it someday. SOMEDAY ffs

Offline Hadouken

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 02:20:35 pm »
I dunno. I always thought Reiner kinda looked like the Armored titan.

Offline insomniaq

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 10:27:26 pm »
^kind of sudden right? there wasn't really any foreshadowing that I noticed, the artist probably could have done it better. but maybe thats the exact shock that he intended

There were definetly some hints. Besides a similar appearance, there was the part with the attack of Annie in titan form, which was explained in the same chapter of the revelation [Why she ran to the right wing and why she stared at her hand after taking a hit by Reiner].

Then the part with Conny's village, where Reiner obviously was avoiding the topic of the talking giant in Conny's house and was reacting rather harsh towards Conny afterwards, in contrast to being so suspiciously nice the whole time. Oh yeah, the part with the herring can.. It seemed  that he knew too, what was written on the can.

Most of this is very subtle and I guess that was intentionally so we get quite a shock, just like you said.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:29:21 pm by insomniaq »

Offline dbml

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 07:56:23 pm »
Daaaamn that battle was pretty damn awesome. I love seeing MMA moves :P But anyways, no questions were answered as of yet. Though it looks like chapter 46 will have them. Hopefully the answers we get won't be a letdown.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 12:05:25 pm »
46 is out: http://www.onemanga.me/shingeki_no_kyojin/46/1/

Offline Mysterion

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 06:34:19 pm »
I feel like killing those 2 a trillion times, even Ymir if she turns evil.
I am strong! Stronger than you guys. Very strong. Therefore, I can defeat those Titans! Even on my own.
You are not only weak, but you are spineless cowards. I am disappointed in you.
Just stay here... Stay here and watch.
Mikasa Ackerman

Offline Xycolian2332

• Veritas voluntas disperdet te
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 03:03:14 am »
Ymir's a real cunt in 46.

Offline Mysterion

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 10:18:40 am »
Ymir's a real cunt in 46.
+1.

Who's the "king"?

Ymir you BITCH! Why didn't you just save Eren and run away like you said you could?

http://mangastream.com/read/attack_on_titan/47/1974/47

Irvin said that? I guess he's sacrificing and Levi is becoming leader? They should have just simply not used those colored signal flares since they know they're bound to be noticed then....
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:51:53 pm by Mysterion »
I am strong! Stronger than you guys. Very strong. Therefore, I can defeat those Titans! Even on my own.
Mikasa Ackerman

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2013, 11:56:30 pm »
Blasting through this mother fucker so hard it's not even funny. I'm on chapter 33 with about 30 some hours in, I put 3 different job shifts in between and little sleep ... this is such a fucking ... such a good ... good manga. Fuck this is crazy good.

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline BronBron06

• Rageball Loli
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 08:08:10 am »
Dont tell me Commander Erwin is the titan that ate Eren's mom

Offline Xycolian2332

• Veritas voluntas disperdet te
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 08:14:24 am »
Dont tell me Commander Erwin is the titan that ate Eren's mom

Lol wut? that would be the plot twist of the century lulz

Offline Mysterion

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 03:51:24 pm »
Wow Irvin is clever. Now just trip Reiner and they all pounce on him! I HATE Ymir still.

That Titan, of all of them, had to come....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 03:09:07 pm by Mysterion »
Mikasa Ackerman

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2013, 05:00:14 pm »
Hah, he's still giving orders even when he's being yanked off his horse. Irwin's a total badass. :D

It's funny how Bertholdt gets mad over Annie being tortured. We really need some kind of info on how they have been living. Especially if we're supposed to be sympathizing with them at some point.

Definitely a surprise to see the titan that devoured Eren's mother again.

Offline BronBron06

• Rageball Loli
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2013, 01:38:01 pm »
Heard the series gonna end in vol 20

and were now at vol 11

Good thing the author wouldnt milk the series