We present you our new project a "Guide for spotting encoding problems
". The goal of this project is to serve as a knowledgebase and reference for spotting various problems, helping evaluate the best releases. The guide is only limited to encoding problems for now, but it's open to expansion. If we get some good suggestions for other areas to include, then we'll add those as well. This is only the foundation for what we plan to be an ever-growing source of information which we hope to steadily improve upon.
For now it's rather blank and only "Banding" is added as an example. That's where you come into play. We want your help to gather the examples and information for the various problems, which are listed on the project site. We'll take more than one example per problem. If there are too many for one problem we will take the best examples.What you can contribute:
● Comparison screens and videos for the various problems
● Information about the problems (see site for examples)
● Additions to current information
● General additions to the site and improvement suggestions
● Report of site errorsList of Problems:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.Requirement:
● Resolution of images (PNG) and videos not bigger than 1280x720
● Only up to 10 seconds of video samples
● We want a correct and incorrect example of the same frame/scene for every problem (e.g. one image from the same frame with and without banding)
● Please highlight and/or format your contribution for easy perception
● We don't want only extreme examples, we want moderate and harder to spot examples too
Every contribution will be reviewed and if sufficient formatted and added as soon as possible.
Please refrain from group bashing or spamming. If you would like to contribute, do so in a constructive and respectful manner.
We are looking forward to a successful collaboration. ^^