Author Topic: Wiki Expansion Project  (Read 15366 times)

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
Wiki Expansion Project
« on: November 22, 2011, 12:27:16 am »
I'm starting something called the Wiki Expansion Project. Basically, I feel that the BBT Wiki should be more detailed and i'm willing to help. I also ask for the support of the rest of you BBT members. I'll be using this thread to let you all keep track of what needs to updated, created, added, removed, more detailed, etc...

If you would like to join the Wiki Expansion Project just say so in this thread and i'll put your name in. Everyone part of this project are forced to should be keeping up with the list. Please don't join if you're not planning on doing anything.

Even if you don't feel to contribute towards to the Wiki, giving ideas to pages that need to be updated/created would really help. If you feel a page on the Wiki is perfectly fine, you can ask for it to be removed from the list. Any suggestions towards the project itself is also welcomed. :D

Members:
Reesebiz
Kyrdua
skandarv
Southrop
Kam
Dhruv

Pages to be updated:
Keywords (Way more keywords than what's on the list. Not only that, but the more important ones should have their own individual page.)
Offer Templates (Hasn't been updated in months, i'm sure someone has some wisdom to add.)
KMPlayer (Since this player is recommended by BakaBT, there should be a section that shows people how to configure it for good subtitles and 10-bit playback.)
Guide to Uploading Manga (A note stating unofficial files are accepted when official ones aren't available. Also, maybe add Crazy's Manga; Manga Traders and a few more sites to places where one can find those manga.)
How to create torrent files (More info on creating .torrent files with Tixati and other clients which aren't there on that list.)

Pages to be added:
RSS (Brief overview of what the BBT RSS is and how to use it)
Making a Comparison (An expansion upon Screenshots but on a seperate page detailing areas to look out for and good frame accurate capturing methods. Revo has a avspmod method here. A guide is also written by xgraphy here)

Finished pages: (Still could use more information)
Image Compression (Using different programs like Photoshop, GIMP, etc)
Hi10P (Add setup guide. Use Haruhichan as a reference)
Photoshop (A brief page about Photoshop. Useful for description creators. Using this thread would be recommended)
For First Timers (Added some more links for referencing anime like MAL, etc...)
Patching (Covers Windows, UNIX/Linux, Mac, and batches. Someone with experience in SSH will have to add a section for that)

Thanks for reading

Duki3003 edit: Anyone who would like to contribute to the wiki project but doesn't have an account can message me on the tracker to open it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:24:30 pm by Duki3003 »

Offline kureshii

• Former Staff
  • May typeset edited light novels if asked nicely.
Re: Wiki Expansion Project
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 02:55:23 am »
Pages to be added:
How lower the file size of backgrounds for descriptions (Using different programs like Photoshop, GIMP, etc)
http://forums.bakabt.me/index.php?topic=17968.0 Should help with that. Someone just needs to fill in the Photoshop part.

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 03:40:58 am »
Pages to be added:
How lower the file size of backgrounds for descriptions (Using different programs like Photoshop, GIMP, etc)
http://forums.bakabt.me/index.php?topic=17968.0 Should help with that. Someone just needs to fill in the Photoshop part.

Yep that's perfect. I'll add the Wiki and just create the Photoshop part myself.

Offline Freedom Kira

• Rawr™.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 09:52:36 am »
I don't have time to help out, but I do want to link you to this thread if you plan to do a Photoshop page. It'd be a good idea to link that thread in the Wiki.

Aside from that, I agree that the Wiki needs a massive restructuring and detailing. I've found it pretty hard to navigate in the past. Just remember to keep it noob-friendly - don't make it look like some of Wikipedia's articles. I applaud you for taking on this task.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:55:04 am by Freedom Kira »

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 12:55:54 am »
I don't have time to help out, but I do want to link you to this thread if you plan to do a Photoshop page. It'd be a good idea to link that thread in the Wiki.

Aside from that, I agree that the Wiki needs a massive restructuring and detailing. I've found it pretty hard to navigate in the past. Just remember to keep it noob-friendly - don't make it look like some of Wikipedia's articles. I applaud you for taking on this task.

Thanks for your suggestion I added it to the list.  :D

Offline kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 10:27:11 am »
-snip-
Hi10P (It's relatively new, there should an article on it.)
-snip-
Thanks for reading
make a simple page and put a detour link for a temporary explanation on how to set it up.
http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/?p=205 heres a clean guide for it.
later on incorporate the bits of the how-to into the page but maintain the link for a full explanation.

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 01:17:43 am »
-snip-
-snip-
Thanks for reading
make a simple page and put a detour link for a temporary explanation on how to set it up.
later on incorporate the bits of the how-to into the page but maintain the link for a full explanation.

I started working on the Hi10P page a few days ago. I'm using Haruhichan as a main reference.

Also I updated most of the keywords for A and will be started B soon. A few of the A's are missing because newer ones were added since the list was created.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:19:40 am by Reesebiz »

Offline kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 01:56:19 pm »
-snip-
-snip-
Thanks for reading

I started working on the Hi10P page a few days ago. I'm using Haruhichan as a main reference.

Also I updated most of the keywords for A and will be started B soon. A few of the A's are missing because newer ones were added since the list was created.
wow fast, well good to hear that.

Offline RedSuisei

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 02:17:46 pm »
I would disagree with the Hi10p guide in that it uses MPC-HC internal renderer. That would very most likely break signs typesetting or make the subs look stretched on anamorphic releases which compensates for anamorphic stretching.

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 11:48:45 pm »
I'm going to be gone Thursday through Saturday so I won't be able to work on it.

Also RedSuisei you can always add a section and add an alternative method. It's always good to have different options. Just don't write over the method that's already there.

Edit: Also still looking for members to join :D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 11:53:04 pm by Reesebiz »

Offline Kyrdua

• I have no idea what i'm doing.
    • Lunatic Red (A member there XD)
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 09:18:16 am »
Me. not sure what i can help on though.

also, KMplayer already has a config page in BBT. used that before, only had to adapt MPC's hi10p playback config.
 signature: [email protected]: Cinderella Girls -- Kanzaki Ranko My Links | MyAnimelist

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 09:48:09 pm »
Me. not sure what i can help on though.

also, KMplayer already has a config page in BBT. used that before, only had to adapt MPC's hi10p playback config.

Sorry i've been real busy. I will be going back to editing as I did before. Also I will add you to the list Kyrdua.  :D

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 04:23:07 pm »
Just casually digging this back up from the ashes because I randomly remembered it. Stickying so more people (hopefully active members who are looking for somewhere they can contribute to) will see.

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 11:20:46 pm »
Thanks for stickying this. I'm still working on the project from time to time and will update my original post with new ideas.

Also, does this mean you want to be a member Southrop? :)

Edit: Still looking for new ideas for the wiki if anyone has any suggestions.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:05:17 am by Reesebiz »

Offline xgraphy

• Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 01:52:04 pm »
A tutorial on how to apply patches covering different platforms/situations (windows, mac, over ssh, not bat provided etc.) would be helpful.

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 04:23:57 am »
I updated the original post and added Patching as a page to be added.

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 04:55:41 am »
Also, does this mean you want to be a member Southrop? :)
Well, I edit the wiki on an occasional basis already :x

Offline Sherlock

• Former Staff
  • To Nyaa or Not to Nyaa..
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 08:28:27 pm »
I wouldn't mind helping out. I can work on adding the keywords. Since I'm free as of now, atleast for 3 weeks, I can try updating those keywords how much ever I can till then..

Also, I guess a note is needed on the page for manga uploads regarding unofficial files. Although self-explanatory, I guess a note should be mentioned stating unofficial files are accepted when official ones aren't available. Also, maybe add Crazy's Manga; Manga Traders and a few more sites to places where one can find those manga.
There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy over-estimate your faults, unless it is a friend under-estimating your virtues.

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 10:46:06 pm »
I wouldn't mind helping out. I can work on adding the keywords. Since I'm free as of now, atleast for 3 weeks, I can try updating those keywords how much ever I can till then..

Also, I guess a note is needed on the page for manga uploads regarding unofficial files. Although self-explanatory, I guess a note should be mentioned stating unofficial files are accepted when official ones aren't available. Also, maybe add Crazy's Manga; Manga Traders and a few more sites to places where one can find those manga.

I will add you to the list and put your suggestion up  :)

Offline Sherlock

• Former Staff
  • To Nyaa or Not to Nyaa..
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 05:41:19 am »
I will add you to the list and put your suggestion up  :)
Thanks!  :)

Just wanted to know Reese.. Did you already start working on B? If so, I'll start with C.
There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy over-estimate your faults, unless it is a friend under-estimating your virtues.