Author Topic: Wiki Expansion Project  (Read 15383 times)

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
Re: Wiki Expansion Project
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 09:34:50 am »
Just wanted to know Reese.. Did you already start working on B? If so, I'll start with C.
No I haven't touched B yet. If you hit the edit button for the Keywords page you'll see the B section is hidden and you can start working on the little that's there.

Offline Sherlock

• Former Staff
  • To Nyaa or Not to Nyaa..
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 08:29:04 pm »
No I haven't touched B yet. If you hit the edit button for the Keywords page you'll see the B section is hidden and you can start working on the little that's there.
Hm.. Just finished the ones that were there. I'll start working on major keywords first, excluding the production studios etc. Those are less important, maybe can come later. If anything is unsatisfactory, just re-edit it or let me know  :)
There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy over-estimate your faults, unless it is a friend under-estimating your virtues.

Offline SeventyX7

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 12:36:10 am »
Lmao, just looked at the guide to uploading manga.

Wow, that's really out of date. 

I'll bring that page back up to speed.

Offline Sherlock

• Former Staff
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 06:32:36 am »
Just finished working on B. All major keywords[categories] as well as major publishers/scanlators[> 10 entries] should be there. Anything missing or out of sorts, just let me know.

Also, I'm curious as to keywords. Is there something that can be done about repetitive keywords. One example i can think of would be "Futari wa Pretty Anon" and "FwPA". Counter productive, as if I was searching for fwpa, I wouldn't see all of their titles. Also, the former violates the rule of shortened names.

Minor nitpicking, I know, and probably nothing can be done at this juncture, but just wondering.

Edit: Finished working on 'C'. Again, major categories[> 10 entries] only. Any mistakes or rectifications needed, just let me know.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:21:24 am by skandarv »
There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy over-estimate your faults, unless it is a friend under-estimating your virtues.

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 02:41:48 pm »
Just finished working on B. All major keywords[categories] as well as major publishers/scanlators[> 10 entries] should be there. Anything missing or out of sorts, just let me know.

Also, I'm curious as to keywords. Is there something that can be done about repetitive keywords. One example i can think of would be "Futari wa Pretty Anon" and "FwPA". Counter productive, as if I was searching for fwpa, I wouldn't see all of their titles. Also, the former violates the rule of shortened names.

Minor nitpicking, I know, and probably nothing can be done at this juncture, but just wondering.

Edit: Finished working on 'C'. Again, major categories[> 10 entries] only. Any mistakes or rectifications needed, just let me know.
By the way, if you see any keywords that you think are questionable or no longer useful as you work through things (or are counter productive/redundant like FwPA listed above), please report them to me via PM.

All torrents that had 'Futari wa Pretty Anon' now have 'FwPA' and 'Futari wa Pretty Anon' has been deleted.

edit:
By the way, if you have time, please go back over # and A. There are likely to be some keywords that might not be added before but now quality as "major categories". 3xR and 4-koma for example from just looking at the # list.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:54:24 pm by Southrop »

Offline Kam

• Power Uploader
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 03:00:25 pm »
I'm gonna go through some of the keywords for mangakas. Some of the ones that do hentai are listed as "manga artist" and the like. I think they should be noted as hentai mangakas specifically. In a rare case that some of them also do regular manga, I can add a note for that, too.
And even though we feel dead inside, we can still say, "At least we tried."

Offline Sherlock

• Former Staff
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 06:07:30 pm »
I'm gonna go through some of the keywords for mangakas. Some of the ones that do hentai are listed as "manga artist" and the like. I think they should be noted as hentai mangakas specifically. In a rare case that some of them also do regular manga, I can add a note for that, too.
Thanks for that Kam. I'll focus on categories and often used ones. :)

By the way, if you see any keywords that you think are questionable or no longer useful as you work through things (or are counter productive/redundant like FwPA listed above), please report them to me via PM.

All torrents that had 'Futari wa Pretty Anon' now have 'FwPA' and 'Futari wa Pretty Anon' has been deleted.

edit:
By the way, if you have time, please go back over # and A. There are likely to be some keywords that might not be added before but now quality as "major categories". 3xR and 4-koma for example from just looking at the # list.
Thanks for that Southrop  :) I'll look through those keywords again too.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:09:24 pm by skandarv »

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 01:33:17 am »
Please report these to me as well. I'll edit the message displayed on the tracker.

vv I'm totally fine with a larger e-penis
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:17:16 pm by Southrop »

Offline Kam

• Power Uploader
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 02:00:27 am »
^Sure thing, Southy.

v Thanks, Reese.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:52:38 am by Kam »
And even though we feel dead inside, we can still say, "At least we tried."

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 09:43:24 am »
I just updated the For First Timers (Where can I learn more about codecs/anime/manga/Japanese culture?). I put some more links and information on the sites there.

Southrop and Kam, I added you both to the project's member list since you put in so much work. If you want your name removed let me know.

Edit: I created the Patching page.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:59:53 am by Reesebiz »

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 05:17:57 pm »
Damn fixing those keywords was a huge pain ;_;

You guys, give me lists in more bite-sized bits lol. No need to rush with your reporting xD

edit:
Please also report inconsistent description text for keywords. Stuff like "case sensitivity" and "Use 'x'" should be consistent where possible, and I've been using "Case sensitivity - use x" and "Use x" for stuff like this. Reasons that aren't properly explained (like "title") should also be reported to be corrected to "Anime title - not a keyword". Any occurrences of "Manga artist" also need to be corrected to "Mangaka".
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:23:50 pm by Southrop »

Offline SeventyX7

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 09:40:43 pm »
On the topic of keywords, can we eliminate the "crossdressing" keyword?  It's redundant to have since we have the "trap" and "reverse trap" keywords. 

Furthermore, if somebody wants to search for both of those, trap will identify them all, so "crossdressing" doesn't even server that purpose.

There's no work that has crossdressing but doesn't contain a trap or reverse trap.

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2012, 02:30:55 pm »
No crossdressers that aren't traps? I don't know if that's a good thing or not :x

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 01:25:37 am »
The Patching page is finished. It covers Windows, UNIX/Linux, Mac, and batches. Someone with experience in SSH will have to add a section for that. I also added it to the Main Page.

I encourage people to link others to this article whenever a v2 batch is released for a show and xdelta is needed. :)

Offline xgraphy

• Former Staff
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 05:19:08 pm »
Been meaning to ask for this a few days now...

Making a Comparison
An expansion upon Screenshots but on a seperate page detailing areas to look out for and good frame accurate capturing methods.

revo has just made a tutorial on using the avspmod method here which can be edited and added.

I'll be willing to make one for madVR users, but I'll submit it in plain text and pictures as I cba to deal with Wiki formatting at this point in time.

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2012, 06:27:14 pm »
Been meaning to ask for this a few days now...

Making a Comparison
An expansion upon Screenshots but on a seperate page detailing areas to look out for and good frame accurate capturing methods.

revo has just made a tutorial on using the avspmod method here which can be edited and added.
Good idea, I will add that to my post. When I get the time i'll start adding that tutorial to the wiki.

I'll be willing to make one for madVR users, but I'll submit it in plain text and pictures as I cba to deal with Wiki formatting at this point in time.
Ok that sounds good. I'll put it on the wiki for you.

Offline xgraphy

• Former Staff
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012, 01:18:30 am »
Pretty much wrote this the night I requested..heh.
Please let me know if it's hard to follow in a specific area, test if my keys are correct etc.
Can someone tell me if IrfanView requires the extra Plugins install?

Things to look for (edit, add stuff, make references to the wiki guide)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

madVR capture tutorial

Notice: New versions of madVR can now take screenshots using MPC-HC's normal save dialog, but this guide can still be used for taking screenshots in the display resolution (anamorphic video) for normal MPC-HC users.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
"Use general seeking tips (link)" should link to a general purpose tips in getting finding good scenes, getting exact frames etc. elsewhere on the page.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 03:25:56 pm by xgraphy »

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 12:49:33 am »
Thanks for that xgraphy. I will add it when I create the page. :)

Offline Dhruv

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2012, 06:30:43 am »
I have something to add to the wiki. It's about creating .torrent files with Tixati and other clients which aren't there on that list.
Unable to edit that page from the source.
Also i'd like to join the project though i won't be contributing as much as you all will. Partially because i lack knowledge.
BBT Ika Musume Fanclub Member #414933

Offline Reesebiz

• Former Staff
  • Watch anime on impulse
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2012, 06:46:43 am »
I have something to add to the wiki. It's about creating .torrent files with Tixati and other clients which aren't there on that list.
Unable to edit that page from the source.
Also i'd like to join the project though i won't be contributing as much as you all will. Partially because i lack knowledge.
Good idea, i'll add it to the list and also put you as a member. If you create an account on the Wiki you should be able to edit any article.