Author Topic: The Last of Us [Series]  (Read 7486 times)

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
The Last of Us [Series]
« on: December 05, 2011, 09:17:57 am »
VGAs to introduce new PS3 exclusive, The Last of Us.

Teaser inside the link. No game play yet. The official site is inside the link as well.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:46:52 am by Tatsujin »

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline metro.

• notesonhowtolive.
Re: The Last of Us
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 12:09:47 pm »
I wish I knew what the fuck was going on.

But bravo, I'm usually disinterested by game trailers, they did one helluva good job.

at the movies drunk & young

Offline SeventyX7

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 03:56:35 am »
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214496p1.html

Oh man.  I am Legend type zombie game from Naughty Dog with Ellen Page in it?  Sign me up.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 07:47:19 am »
Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us announced at VGAs. This game just raped VGA. Biggest bomb drop for a secret game.

The graphics are so gorgeous. Everything is in real-time. I so thought those leaves and the lightning and graphics were just pre-rendered, but as soon as I noticed there were no cut-scenes and the characters and background are all running in real-time, I dropped my jaws ....... Naughty Dog keeps pushing the bars <3!

Offline SeventyX7

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 07:37:09 pm »
I don't know about that.  It's probably the same engine Uncharted 3 runs on.  It's about how pretty Uncharted 3 was, too.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 07:52:40 pm »
It definitely blurs the line between a cinematic scene like Nathan Drake when you see him after his plane crash and an in-game engine cinematic. Though you can definitely still this tell this is created with the engine. What exactly do you mean by real-time, Tatsujin?

Offline SeventyX7

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 07:58:37 pm »
Real-time = not pre-rendered.  It's actually recorded directly from a PS3, not a PC that could presumably have better specifications.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 08:23:43 pm »
Real-time = not pre-rendered.
Oh, they're using the engine to create the cinematics? In that case this looks pre-rendered. Maybe it'll look more real-time when I play through this scene at release.

The fact that it's recorded from a PS3 doesn't really mean anything to me at least. Not specifically aimed at you, SeventyX7, but what's so great about that that?

Offline lazarus626

• You don't understand moe!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 09:38:40 pm »
Oh man.  I am Legend type zombie game from Naughty Dog with Ellen Page in it?  Sign me up.

That line almost made me want to become a console gamer.. lol.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Anyways, game reminded me of Dead Island/Dead Rising/Left4Dead (anything zombie survival), but with a more appealing character (yea, that Ellen Page type character). Another good character would be like Saoirse Ronan (from Hanna), or Chloe Grace Moretz (from Kick Ass), Natalie Portman (from Leon the Professional), etc.. am I sensing a trend here?

Practical girls who can think on their feet, instead of breaking down and going emo, are so hot. And they will probably continue to be hot even in their adult life (though I'm talking about the characters, not the actresses themselves.. lol)

Something like Sigourney Weaver (from Alien) type of hot..

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 09:45:55 pm »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sony owning them probably has something to do with it. Though Insomniac went multiplatform on a title not too long ago though I doubt they're multi for good.

Offline lazarus626

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 09:56:25 pm »
Sony owning them probably has something to do with it. Though Insomniac went multiplatform on a title not too long ago though I doubt they're multi for good.

I just don't want to see game devs getting bogged down by marketing politics. Console wars are so 90s..

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 10:00:00 pm »
I just don't want to see game devs getting bogged down by marketing politics. Console wars are so 90s..
They've been with Sony ever since their debut title on Playstation, Crash Bandicoot, so if anything they are probably most comfortable with Sony. Though I understand your desire to play their games if you don't own a PS3. ;)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:48:11 pm by Takeshi »

Offline lazarus626

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 10:07:13 pm »
They've been with Sony ever since their debut title on Playstation , Crash Bandicoot, so if any they are probably most comfortable with Sony. Though I understand your desire to play their games if you don't own a PS3. ;)

Nah, I just desire that hawtness of a chick.. lol..

I could probably watch the cutscenes when someone uploads it on youtube or whatever. It just isn't enough of an argument to make me look past a console's inherent inadequacies.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 12:51:06 am »
I don't know about that.  It's probably the same engine Uncharted 3 runs on.  It's about how pretty Uncharted 3 was, too.
Improved and tweaked engine for that game.

Online Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 05:20:48 am »
I just wish when this comes out the gameplay is as gorgeous as it looks in the trailer. Other than that everything looks good. Oh hopefully a interesting story too.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Hadouken

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 03:13:15 pm »
They've been with Sony ever since their debut title on Playstation , Crash Bandicoot, so if any they are probably most comfortable with Sony. Though I understand your desire to play their games if you don't own a PS3. ;)

Nah, I just desire that hawtness of a chick.. lol..

I could probably watch the cutscenes when someone uploads it on youtube or whatever. It just isn't enough of an argument to make me look past a console's inherent inadequacies.
Developers don't really care about how inadequate consoles are to PCs. It's much easier to pirate a game on the Pc than it is on a console because you have to take apart a 360 in order to flash it, and your ps3 has to be on a certain FW version in order to jailbreak it. When pc, all you have to do is wait for a group to crack it and just download and install.

Offline kamuixtv99

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 11:28:29 am »
too much trolling of this game, but it really has nice trailers.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 05:47:27 am »
New Trailer. Are they screwing around with us? ... June 14 release date. Hah ...

Offline FlyinPenguin

• Wishes all anime was yuri ;)
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 11:53:50 am »
It looks nothing short of amazing but I don't own a PS3. :-[

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url=http://www.anime-

Offline RaW-D-Coy

• 私はかわいいです
    • POI!
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 07:25:08 pm »
to bad it's for PS3 only :[
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:25:24 pm by RaW-D-Coy »
"Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys."
-Claire Farron