Author Topic: The Last of Us [Series]  (Read 7437 times)

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
Re: The Last of Us
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2013, 08:40:16 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GBXuE6jcl4

IGN Reviews - The Last of Us Video Review
... Wow ... just ................. wow.

Edit -- Reviews all out. Eurogamer gave it a 10/10?! They rarely ever give 10s.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:43:17 pm by Tatsujin »

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline revo

• I Can Only Carry 50 Loli's at a Time
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2013, 08:50:25 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GBXuE6jcl4

IGN Reviews - The Last of Us Video Review
... Wow ... just ................. wow.

Edit -- Reviews all out. Eurogamer gave it a 10/10?! They rarely ever give 10s.
Btw that "Polygon – 7.5/10"
is troll site
They are new so this is the way they are getting hits
I mean they gave Rember Me 8/10 LOL

Offline TMRNetShark

• I thumps up my own youtube comments.
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2013, 11:41:27 pm »
Btw that "Polygon – 7.5/10"
is troll site
They are new so this is the way they are getting hits
I mean they gave Rember Me 8/10 LOL

Yeah, 7.5 from ONE website but 25 perfect "10s" or "5/5s" kinda outweigh it. It's one person's opinion... then again....

List of games that got a better score than The Last of Us on Polygon:

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
MGS: Revengeance
Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed (XD)
Syndicate
Blops 2
GoW: Judgement
Skylanders Giants
Remember Me (another XD)

I only listed games that I felt did not deserve to be better scored than The Last of Us. I have not played the game, but when the reviews are just that damn good... it leads you to believe that something (or someone) is fishy.

Also, this is probably the best review I've watched/read so far. It's by an industry great... His name is Adam Sessler and his review of The Last of Us.

Online froody1911

• Confucius say man's last will is dead giveaway.
    • froody1911
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2013, 12:57:59 pm »
So...wait...Remember Me is bad? I was planning to play it too :(

YOU'RE MOM

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2013, 02:38:03 pm »
So...wait...Remember Me is bad? I was planning to play it too :(

It turned out to be a game with an interesting premise, but failed to fully emulate the Batman: AA/AC combat with platforming that basically tells you were to go... which fails at being Assassin's Creed because it has no exploration. It's a corridor shooter map layout with meh combat mechanics and uninteresting enemies trying to tell a semi-worthy tale.

Use that money towards The Last of US... :P

Online froody1911

• Confucius say man's last will is dead giveaway.
    • froody1911
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2013, 03:07:00 pm »
I see. Thanks for the heads up. But I also have a friend telling me that the story and world is great and it might be worth my time. Low priority for now.

About Polygon, these guys have been popping up a lot recently. They seem to have decent news articles but the reviews really suck.

YOU'RE MOM

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2013, 06:33:26 pm »
I see. Thanks for the heads up. But I also have a friend telling me that the story and world is great and it might be worth my time. Low priority for now.

About Polygon, these guys have been popping up a lot recently. They seem to have decent news articles but the reviews really suck.

They are trying to be anti-meta... They want to try and distinguish themselves from other review websites like destructoid and kotaku. In doing so, they either picked a cynical reviewer... or Microsoft paid them to give an okay score instead of what every other review has stated... which is this is a quality game.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2013, 11:15:56 pm »

They are trying to be anti-meta... They want to try and distinguish themselves from other review websites like destructoid and kotaku. In doing so, they either picked a cynical reviewer... or Microsoft paid them to give an okay score instead of what every other review has stated... which is this is a quality game.
^ What he said.

Last of Us is going to be so bad ass. Few more days until I get my Collector's Edition!

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2013, 11:13:56 pm »
Well Naughty Dog epic fucked up. Apparently a server problem on their end meant that autosaves weren't working. What a great way to launch a game for legitimate customers. https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/345591249148985344

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2013, 11:37:12 pm »
Ah ... this game is so impressive. I played few hours of it then decided to come here in my room. Good plot so far. I'm gonna head to sleep.

Well Naughty Dog epic fucked up. Apparently a server problem on their end meant that autosaves weren't working. What a great way to launch a game for legitimate customers. https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/345591249148985344
Shit happens.

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2013, 12:56:21 am »
I am also a few hours in. Bashed someone with a brick so far (satisfying), hit someone with a 2x4 across the face (satisfying), and curb stomped someone (satisfying).

Melee in this game is fucking great. I never want to use guns in this game, but boy are they just as "satisfying." They have real weight to them and actually sway (shocker) as if the main character was a real human instead of pixels. This game is very well done.

This is gonna be a game that I'll be playing into the night with... >.>

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2013, 04:53:23 am »
Shit happens.
It makes fucking no sense that the single player campaign should fuck up because they did something to their server. Why should single player even need to communicate with a remote server? I lost my data, and I'm not happy about that. I had to replay 3 hours worth.

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2013, 05:02:04 am »
It makes fucking no sense that the single player campaign should fuck up because they did something to their server. Why should single player even need to communicate with a remote server? I lost my data, and I'm not happy about that. I had to replay 3 hours worth.

But don't you like the game anyways besides the hiccup? I mean, weird that they are sending the saves back... which makes me wonder honestly.

>.>

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2013, 06:08:12 am »
Oh yeah, I love the game. It's 5am now. Guess why? lol

But still. It really pissed me off that I had to replay the entire first 3 hours. The game's replayability isn't exactly high. You can't even skip the cutscenes to speed it up, you get forced to use stealth in quite a few bits.

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2013, 06:54:37 am »
Oh yeah, I love the game. It's 5am now. Guess why? lol

But still. It really pissed me off that I had to replay the entire first 3 hours. The game's replayability isn't exactly high. You can't even skip the cutscenes to speed it up, you get forced to use stealth in quite a few bits.

This is why I love the game... not for the forced part... but that I gotta be cleaver. Not to mention the who "Restart Encounter" is the best feature ever in a stealth game. Mess up? Well, you're usually dead anyways, but I find it better against human enemies than arisen/infected.

I bet you I'm gonna go the entire game without hearing the word zombies... LOL

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2013, 10:14:38 am »

But don't you like the game anyways besides the hiccup? I mean, weird that they are sending the saves back... which makes me wonder honestly.

>.>
The game updated to 1.01 before I begun playing. I'm not experiencing this the way I want to - old LCD with 10 watt speaker. I only planned to play 30 mins but ended up playing for 2 hours ; I'm zerging the game fast on normal mode. I should have hooked it up to my led monitor with the z5500 speakers but that would take moments to do that .. On top of only having few hours of sleep before work. But ... This is a really good game. The ally and enemy AI are very dump in my opinion. That's my only complaint.

So now I ended up with another collectors edition code.... Not sure what to do with it.. I may give it to my coworker.

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2013, 04:31:41 pm »
This is why I love the game... not for the forced part... but that I gotta be cleaver. Not to mention the who "Restart Encounter" is the best feature ever in a stealth game. Mess up? Well, you're usually dead anyways, but I find it better against human enemies than arisen/infected.

I bet you I'm gonna go the entire game without hearing the word zombies... LOL
Oh, I love these parts too. The first time I played them. Not when I have to go back and redo it lol

Also, they're not zombies! You can't strangle a zombie! Zombies are dead already, these things are just taken over by a parasitic mushroom.

Offline TMRNetShark

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2013, 06:08:03 pm »
Oh, I love these parts too. The first time I played them. Not when I have to go back and redo it lol

Also, they're not zombies! You can't strangle a zombie! Zombies are dead already, these things are just taken over by a parasitic mushroom.

The normal ones are basically carbon copy zombies besides the whole "dead"/shoot 'em in the head/dismemberment part. Clickers on the other hand... boy are they unique.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2013, 11:10:51 pm »

The normal ones are basically carbon copy zombies besides the whole "dead"/shoot 'em in the head/dismemberment part. Clickers on the other hand... boy are they unique.
First thing I did was get that Shiv mastery right off the bat. Those clickers are a pain in the ass ... or used to be.

This game keeps getting better and better. I hope I finish the story-mode tomorrow.

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2013, 11:33:29 pm »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I beat the game and am doing new game+ now. But the autosave replaced my manual save JUST after I missed a Firefly pendant. Now I have to start all over again to get it.... Who thought it would be a good idea to make auto saves save over your manual save? :| Even worse. Who thought it would be a good idea to save over your save when you want to load!?