Author Topic: Help the ACTA and TPP protests this Saturday  (Read 19314 times)

Offline As_Dif

Re: Help the ACTA and TPP protests this Saturday
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 05:18:41 pm »
I can't tell by your comment if you support it or not but "Take your computer away" means they'll beat you half to death and throw you in jail for some obscure reason they dug up to call you a terrorist.

Maybe it's a different situation, cause if our government says something, it doesn't always mean they'll do it. I don't know whether there is a similar phrase in english, but we call it "imitation of intense activity". And they will obviously never "beat you half to death and throw you in jail for some obscure reason they dug up to call you a terrorist" due to that, just because it's too much work and not so much profit. It's pretty hard to explain, but believe me, nobody cares because they know it's impossible. Not in my country, and it doesn't mean it's a good country though.)

Offline YouKo.AnDy

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2012, 05:56:47 pm »
In all honesty, there will eventually be laws in place to protect copyrighted material online. What we need to do is find or draft a bill/act that will protect original content without completely controlling the free web. I just think people need to realize that pirating on the level it is now won't be around forever.

As much as we enjoy having all these things free at our disposal with little to no consequences, we have to be realistic about this and try to find a solid medium that keeps both sides happy.

I don't agree with the way these past bills/acts are written. I am in no way supporting the government controlling our internet. I am just being reasonable in saying that companies need to have their original work protected in some way.

as long as there isn't a movie.com that costs 10 $ a month and you can watch any movie as soon as its released, site accessible globally (not only in u.s. like hulu and other sites) piracy will not stop.   btw this is one example 

PS: 10$ month X 1 bil people = 120 bil in one year hows that for profit, with just 1 bil people

Offline Auri

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 07:46:58 pm »
I just today got info on Twitter that Germany is stopping the ratification process of ACTA too. I live in Czech Republic, and local pirate party organizes large protests (luckily). On the other hand, IFPI director for Czech Rep. is lying constantly when she gets into a TV broadcast. So do our politicans elected to parliament...

Also, have you heard of two documents found in EU that apply censorship weapons approved by ACTA? In these documents EU is reffering to us as "consumers" rather than citizens and they do give the copyright monopoly even greater rights than police has. I recommend everyone inside EU to read http://falkvinge.net/2012/02/08/planned-post-acta-repression-in-european-union-the-documents/ (and I hope that I'm not violating any rules of this board by posting this link).

Online lololitas

• Staff
  • Warning! May appear random at times!
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2012, 01:04:31 pm »
I don't see the commissioner as politicians, as such politicians aren#t lying. These people are elected by the governments of the member states, and after the election they have no alegiance whatsoever with any government or country except the EU.

On a side note, these documents had to be worked out in case ACTA was passed. Since they are posted on the website of the EU you can't really say that they tried to hide it, and these still need to be revised.

And concerning the consumers bit: Consumers are all people who comsume certain products (be it the internet or other goods, pirated or not), while citizens refers to every person with an EU ID. The distiction is legally pretty important, as such only those who actually consume the goods that can be pirated are subject to checks, instead of every citizen. The distinction might not sound very important because pretty much everyone uses the internet, but that leaves openings to be entirely secure.

As long as I don't see that document passed through the parliament, I won't worry about it to much, after all it's based on ACTA. Also the member states have to agree to such laws as well.

Offline SilverDash

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2012, 03:30:37 pm »
What is the TPP? Trans-Pacific Partnership? Why is it bad I never heard of TPP before. I can't find really much about it on Google either. All I found out is that Japan wants to join the TPP.

Offline Pockystix

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2012, 04:59:42 pm »
I was there. Lots of Guy Fawkes masks and meme signs. Loved it!

Offline linux.otaku

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2012, 09:36:35 pm »
Hello, I was protesting too. I have been going to demostration every saturday for three weeks now and there are good people there ;)

Anyway I have an idea which we should do before it is too late (hopefully sh*t won't happen, but just to be sure). As some of you might know, there is now a file with "magnets" of all torrents released on pirate bay and it has only 90MB. It would be nice to have such a file for bakabt torrents so that anyone can find anything as as he tries hard enough. Would it be possible somehow?

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2012, 10:00:57 pm »
Suggested before but it's simply not possible.

Offline linux.otaku

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2012, 11:10:19 pm »
Still people could compute hashes for files they already have and then we could start gathering at least something. We could also add a rule that newly added files should have also magnet link. The only information in such magnet should be only hash. Something could be also gathered from anidb but I would prefer to generate it from correctly downloaded file.

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2012, 11:21:23 pm »
Technically it is not possible because of the way we track torrents and the fact the LPD and DHT are disabled as out torrents have the private flag.

Offline linux.otaku

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2012, 11:40:20 pm »
It would not be used for downloading, but just as a backup IF this site was unexpectedly closed by like megaupload was (I'm being paranoid ;)) then it would be good to have a list of hashes so that people could at least search for the files they need somewhere else. All what I suggest is to generate sha1 base32 hashes of the files in torrents and make a list of that...

Offline generous

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2012, 02:03:46 am »
i can not really understand why this happening it does not make any sense for god sake
man do they really have to do this it not life annoying already now this  >:(

Offline Ouin Shishi

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »
I got question related to thread so:
Sometimes after May or June I will travel to Norway for further college studies, so I want to know when does ACTA becomes active if voted, and will my laptop HDD be checked when entering Norway (or any EU country). What are repercussions if they find load of downloaded anime on it. Will I have to go berserk before the trip and like DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING. Also if ACTA is shot down, not voted yet, what is procedure when entering Norway or EU country.

Online lololitas

• Staff
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2012, 10:34:00 pm »
I got question related to thread so:
Sometimes after May or June I will travel to Norway for further college studies, so I want to know when does ACTA becomes active if voted, and will my laptop HDD be checked when entering Norway (or any EU country). What are repercussions if they find load of downloaded anime on it. Will I have to go berserk before the trip and like DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING. Also if ACTA is shot down, not voted yet, what is procedure when entering Norway or EU country.

Well, we can't tell you anything yet, since ACTA has not been passed. ACTA will force the member states to create laws to fight piracy and gives some suggestions, but nothing definite. Well if you are coming from outside the EU you might have to announce some things to customs (depends on customs laws). If you are from inside the EU you don't have to worry about anything.

Edit: I'm wondering wether they'll give a general amnesty to us "pirates", since the prisons aren't large enough^^.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:42:51 pm by lololitas »

Offline fullblue

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2012, 11:37:03 pm »
Edit: I'm wondering wether they'll give a general amnesty to us "pirates", since the prisons aren't large enough^^.
LOL

From the case in Singapore, only four heavy downloaders got into big sh*t. From recent Funi-One Piece downloader case, they tried to get everyone. We can't tell for sure

Offline Kurogashi

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2012, 06:51:02 pm »
The amazing thing is the bill will be paired with other 'illegal terms'. So like, a ban against illegal medicine is one of them, so SOPA v2 will have banning illegal medicine within this bill. So if you say fight against this bill, in essence, it's like you're saying, illegal medicine, fake medicines, ones that can harm people is a good thing. That YOU support it. See what they did? These guys aren't stupid, they know how to make money off this and will make things work in their favour. :)

Online lololitas

• Staff
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2012, 07:01:39 pm »
Ahh, but then you could argue that it might impede the development of new and possibly cheaper-to-produce medications in favor of pharmaceutical companies that make money of their current and possibly more expensive ones. Not only medications will be affected, but possibly other supplies as well.

Offline Klyern

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2012, 09:09:55 am »
If it hadn't been so rushed i tell you you would be seeing a lot more pins, and i guarantee you there would be one in Argentina :)  (quite a large gathering at our capital at that, i mean our population is quite high and densely concentrated in here)

Wonder how long it took you guys to find out and make the anouncement from the time the movement started tou, post is from 9 of feb and the movement was the 11...

Offline CoreQuad

• I don't have anything personal, Text either.
    • Sinan Yasin Babayiğit
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2012, 07:21:00 pm »
There isn't any act in Turkey. If there was I could join and help for it! Why are they bothering us this much? Goverments are really being annoying as hell. I should go to the tech criminal police and listen their excuse. Shit.
No Signature

Online lololitas

• Staff
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2012, 07:25:17 pm »
Turkey doesn't have the act because it's economy is based on piracy (for some part). Anyone who visited some minor touristspot knows about the bazaars there, with lots of adibas shoes and the like^^.