Author Topic: What Did You Dream About Last-night?  (Read 16872 times)

Offline Voffi

Re: What Did You Dream About Last-night?
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 12:52:36 pm »
The text is so... pink and it hurts my eyes :(

Anyway i never remember what i dream... ever.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews[/

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 01:00:59 pm »
Superstitious folks say it is a bad sign if you dream about dead people when they knock on your door asking you to let them in.

I say your unconsciousness does that most likely because you miss them so. Personally I had a few dreams where I was forced to kill my mother, although I never slept long enough for me to actually kill her. Thank god for that.

I don't recall ever dreaming that my mom was knocking on my door.  I always dream of random scenes of home life, and I'm either looking for my mom to ask a question or we're having a conversation about something.

The circumstances around my mom's death weren't pleasant; I moved out of my parents house in October 1998, having never left home before, and I moved from Florida to California with my girlfriend at the time.  This was also at a time when my parents were on the verge of divorce.  I was out in California until January 2001, and during that time, my parents split, both my grandparents died, my parents moved out of their house, and finally my mom died in December 1999, by suicide.  Up until then, I had never lost anyone close to me.  When I moved back to Florida in 2001, it was like everything that I knew of as 'home' was completely gone, even though I was back in my home state, with my friends & remaining family.  My dad moved to Connecticut a few months later.  On top of all that, I was carrying a lot of debt, and had only a vague idea of what direction to go with my life.  So in trying to restart my life back here, I really had to rely on myself.

So it was a traumatic few years.  I'm a bit suprised; I haven't consciously thought about this in a long time, and thinking about it now still bothers me somewhat.  I had thought I had finally gotten over it all years ago.  Guess not, which is probably why I still occasionally dream about my family.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline buchno

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 02:09:47 pm »

I don't recall ever dreaming that my mom was knocking on my door.  I always dream of random scenes of home life, and I'm either looking for my mom to ask a question or we're having a conversation about something.

The circumstances around my mom's death weren't pleasant; I moved out of my parents house in October 1998, having never left home before, and I moved from Florida to California with my girlfriend at the time.  This was also at a time when my parents were on the verge of divorce.  I was out in California until January 2001, and during that time, my parents split, both my grandparents died, my parents moved out of their house, and finally my mom died in December 1999, by suicide.  Up until then, I had never lost anyone close to me.  When I moved back to Florida in 2001, it was like everything that I knew of as 'home' was completely gone, even though I was back in my home state, with my friends & remaining family.  My dad moved to Connecticut a few months later.  On top of all that, I was carrying a lot of debt, and had only a vague idea of what direction to go with my life.  So in trying to restart my life back here, I really had to rely on myself.

So it was a traumatic few years.  I'm a bit suprised; I haven't consciously thought about this in a long time, and thinking about it now still bothers me somewhat.  I had thought I had finally gotten over it all years ago.  Guess not, which is probably why I still occasionally dream about my family.
Oh, sorry I had you bring it up again.

The only person I've lost during my lifetime is my grand-grandmother, and we weren't particularly close.

I hope you've brought your life together now though :]

Offline lordfrikk

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 08:48:35 pm »
Today was a weird day. My dreams always consist of bits of things, conversations, people or locations I've seen somewhere/experienced. Today it was like watching a movie I was very interested in seeing, because I was the main protagonist, talking about stuff with people I haven't seen for quite a while and about stuff I wanted to talk about and also the events unfolded in a most logical way, not very usual of any dream I'd say. If I was superstitious I'd almost say it looked like something that might happen, heh. But the dream gave me an idea for a short story - too bad I am not a writer...

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 12:11:30 am »
Oh, sorry I had you bring it up again.

The only person I've lost during my lifetime is my grand-grandmother, and we weren't particularly close.

I hope you've brought your life together now though :]

Ah, no worries.  I wouldn't share if I wasn't comfortable doing so.   :)
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline Saras

• How might I assist you?
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 08:16:17 am »
I've no memories of dreams, at all. Going to sleep is basically an on-off switch to me. I go to bed and boom it's morning already.

Offline SilverDash

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2012, 11:55:13 am »
Going to sleep is basically an on-off switch to me. I go to bed and boom it's morning already.

I'm so jealous.

I've no memories of dreams

But not about that part. I mean, even if you're occupied/married you can still have wild dreams about other women without having to face any consequences :). Or playing Rambo IV and waking up without injuries.

I don't have to write what I dreamed about last night :)

Offline Nikkoru

• Cyberpun
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2012, 12:29:07 pm »
I have dreams that I quickly forget a few minutes after waking. Usually a feeling lingers on, but that's all.

Though the ones I do remember are completely inadequate as narratives. They go nowhere or simply lack enough specifics to be anything interesting.
Peace, Love, and Tranquility

Online Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2012, 01:49:36 pm »
I dreamed I was having sex with the anthropomorphic manifestation of... I don't remember what :'(
Altmed is altfact!

Offline Saras

• How might I assist you?
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2012, 02:19:14 pm »
Going to sleep is basically an on-off switch to me. I go to bed and boom it's morning already.

I'm so jealous.

I've no memories of dreams

But not about that part. I mean, even if you're occupied/married you can still have wild dreams about other women without having to face any consequences :). Or playing Rambo IV and waking up without injuries.

I don't have to write what I dreamed about last night :)

No one stops me from letting my imagination go wild while I'm still in the sack. However, I'm most certainly awake and concious before that happens.

Offline Garret02

• Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2012, 12:01:07 am »
I had a funny dream last night.
It started as fairly normal zombie apocalypse. However these zombies very though cookies. Crushing melee weapons had no effect on them. So I was moving with a company of I think five people I didn't know. In some building there were generators or something near the wall but as we get close the ceiling went down and blocked the path. Then I said I had Spatial Distortion spell (from Arcanum, teleports me to a place I can see) so if we could load the game I could get to the generators before the path was blocked. So I loaded the game and camera went from first person to isometric and I get to the generators and I did something. Unfortunately the only doors were "locked from the other side" (to much older survival horrors, eh?) and I had to wait till zombies (who were attracted to the sound) came and opened the door which would basically means I'm fucked (and camera went back to FPP). However these particular zombies were a different kind. They didn't bite, they kissed (ಠ_ಠ). Anyway I had to hurry up to avoid bitting zombies who were on the way. So I get to this creepy, drakish corridor with a room at its end and I don't remember the rest. I think at some point there was even a Predator there but I'm not entirely sure.

Well, a zombie apocalypse dreams are fairly regular but usually they are less random and like old Resident Evils*Silent Hills. But KISSING zombies?! What the fuck am I smoking?...

Offline punyloony

• I have Dysgraphia dont be grammer nazi's
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 08:47:05 am »
the last dream I had was of mass effect 3 where EDI was there and something happened but I cant remember what happened. I also had a dream when I was napping in my chair but I cant for the life of me remember what it was after it happened only that I was talking about something and I don't remember what.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 03:03:24 pm »
Wow, three dreams in one night, that's gotta be a record.

Meet my old friend at an restaurant. I was there with some friends from my old sports college though I was still attending. I introduced him and he said hi although I first needed to recall his memory. He then procedded to say that he had a surgery in the knee, and died for 7 minutes during it. Of course, I was like "wtf". He has in fact sprung such kind of news on me recently so I guess that explains it.

This one starts in the middle of an airport, terrorists enters and start shooting up the place. They actually just seem to be going for killing people. I think I escaped, but sought shelter in a house, but got noticed by this terrorist-couple who were just outside taking it all in. They then followed me to my room, I guess, and rounded up everyone else who lived there. Aren't I just a bastard? I tried to keep locking the door, but of course that just made them want to get in much more. I surrounded and walked down to the group. My old friend was there so I guess there was some sort of connection? Then there was stuff about phones of course, trying to stay alive. Going without coffee for about one year which only seemed to be one week, but of course I didn't argue with the terrorist who claimed it that a year had passed. Going into the toilets where there were two lunatics, one with a gun and another was shitting. Also, decapitation, I guess they had swords too? Oh, and how could they do this? No idea. We never saw any law enforcement action at all. We saw a car at one point, but that was just more terrorists.

Oh, and there was one where I went and did shit with macros74.

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2014, 03:30:42 pm »
They'd probably need one of these in the hentai section for a lot of my dreams, lol.

Offline Mhei

• Just Randomly Passing Through.
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 05:46:28 pm »
so i had a weird dream about me being in an amazing hotel. the walls of the lobby was mostly glass, also the elevator was glass except for  the floor. the hotel had a rule for riding the elevator. you can only go up one floor at a time, you get on, go up a floor, get off then wait for it to come back around. the weird part is that i was riding the elevator with a foreigner who can only say "fries" in english.

the first thing i said when i woke up was "What the F*ck?".

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2014, 04:37:48 am »
I've had dreams where the surrounding environment was huge and surprisingly detailed. Like a game.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Online kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 10:43:18 pm »
i can barely recollect my dreams after waking up, after a few minutes i'd even forget it for some reason :-| unless it left some impressions, normally something awesome or horrid.

so yeah, the only way for me to remember is to write it down immediately after waking up. that is if i could, with my low-blood pressure i doubt it.

recently though i think i have only been getting pleasant dreams, even nightmares seems pleasant now a days though.

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2014, 02:45:56 am »
I always take down my own nightmares. 8)
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2014, 12:00:23 pm »
I only dream in black and white,
I dream cause I'm alive.
To save me from myself.

We had at least two dream threads before, they died :(

Okay, last night I dreamt of meeting up with my old army teammates in our old base. It was late spring, May probably. I was on my way there with my motorcycle, speeding quite fast. 170 on the road and 280 on the motorway. I need to pull over to gas it up and while there I meet one of my teammates who is on his way there too. Getting closer to the base we seem to somehow all find each other on the road. At the base there's also two of my old friends outside of the team. We goof up for a while and then go get some grub from the canteen. After that we find our trainer waiting outside. It also starts snowing. "And how many exactly arrived with a motorcycle?", I ask. 12 out of us raise their hands and everyone bursts out laughing.

Today I read from the news that they gave away the flag of the brigade, finalizing the closing of that particular base. Weird coincidence, huh?

Because we can!

Online Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 03:40:17 pm »
I dreamed that I was fucking with a friend of mine and when I woke up I was super horny.
Altmed is altfact!