Author Topic: What Did You Dream About Last-night?  (Read 17011 times)

Online ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
Re: What Did You Dream About Last-night?
« Reply #220 on: November 03, 2016, 12:37:09 am »
My crush and I were holding hands as we walk.

Offline Johnny D

• Kinda dumb
« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2016, 07:31:20 am »
Being rich.

FUCK!
It's the human urge to light up the dark corners for answers in other people… but at the end of the day, there are no answers there.
Just more lives as sad and singular as your own.

Do not go gentle into that good night, / Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #222 on: November 07, 2016, 05:39:53 am »
You know those spiders with tiny bodies and super long legs? Well, I deamt one up that had over a hundred legs.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline Johnny D

• Kinda dumb
« Reply #223 on: November 07, 2016, 11:49:24 am »
You mean you dreamed a spider that had a beard!  :laugh:

I've seen V (2009) serial, both 2 seasons in the last 3 days, and last night I dreamed a lot of personal stuff that I have do to while being in the scenery of that serial. Pretty fun to be honest. Damn those ABC bastards for canceling it in a mega cliff hanger moment.
It's the human urge to light up the dark corners for answers in other people… but at the end of the day, there are no answers there.
Just more lives as sad and singular as your own.

Do not go gentle into that good night, / Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Online Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2017, 01:58:37 pm »
I'm having what I call the Japan dream again.  I've gotten pretty good at deciphering the symbolism behind my own dreams.  The Japan dream for me embodies extensive planning and yet possibly missing an opportunity or overplanning and waiting too long to act (all of which are aspects of fear of failure).  The trappings of the dream always vary a bit but the themes are always the same.  I'm in Japan on vacation with one or more friends.  It's the end of the trip or the last day.  The clock is running out and I feel like I've completely wasted my vacation time by somehow not seeing or doing any of the things that I should have done on the trip.  I end up running around at the last minute, maybe just packing belongings endlessly for the return flight, but sometimes I head out into the city and try to see the sights and do the things.  For instance, in last night's dream, my friends and I were in Tokyo on the last night.  I pushed us to go out and do something, and we ended up on a train that somehow took us to Hokkaido.

Regardless, if the dream progresses far enough, it always seems to end with fear of missing the return flight home, of being too late.

The source of my anxiety lately is all of the stuff involving the sale of my house and the purchase of my next home.  Actually, the sale of my house isn't a big deal, but there's a strong possibility that I won't get the town home that I want to purchase.  Consciously, rationally, I know that I'll ultimately make things work out, although I think subconsciously my real fear is getting stuck with another home that I'm not happy with.  I think I need to be vigilant about what I want and not compromise or settle too quickly just for the sake of getting through the next few months.  But convincing my subconscious that I've got this under control is easier said than done.

I suppose in theory that I should also be more accepting that things don't always need to turn out exactly as I envision or want them to, but considering that I'm usually willing to compromise, and given that I'm afraid that compromising too much will make me unhappy again, I think that's probably the wrong approach.

It's funny that Japan is the setting for this expression of anxiety, considering that I planned my 2010 vacation to Tokyo thoroughly, and everything went according to plan.  I'm thinking that maybe my subconscious thinks that there are still things we should have done while we were there, things that we missed, although I'm not sure exactly what those things are.  One more reason why I need to make a return trip there within the next few years, to purge this particular anxiety.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2017, 04:20:20 am »
Had a dream today where I was being more empathetic that usual. It also involved slaying monsters. |-)

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2017, 04:50:42 pm »
I had the Five year old dream again.  You know the one when you're five and you dream you're GI Joe, He-Man, Link and Buck Rodgers all in one.  Defending the Earth from the bad guys and saving the Princess all at the same time.  It ends the same as always.  Right before the end of the story the alarm goes off.  Haven't had that dream in years!

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Online ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #227 on: Today at 05:48:32 am »
Getting shot at the head with an AK47. The shooter was Makarov from the Modern Warfare series. I survived it and was able to return fire I think using an UZI which killed him. I took a photo of my face and it's just a skin peeled off. The bullet was slowed down by the headrest it penetrated through and my fingers.

Still, that is very creepy. Somehow connected to being held as a hostage at my school that I dreamed a year ago.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #228 on: Today at 05:56:26 am »
Had a dream about punching a bat for whatever reason.