Author Topic: Black Desert Online  (Read 1993 times)

Online GoGeTa006

• The fate of destruction is also the joy of Rebirth
    • Anime Planet listing
Black Desert Online
« on: September 26, 2012, 07:12:16 pm »
http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/879-black-desert-online-preview

another good-looking MMO. . .

now Im not sure if I should try Blade&Soul or this thing. . .
damn it!

Trailer

Offline AceHigh

Re: Black Desert Online
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 03:32:19 am »
It looks aesthetically pleasing, the towns are outright copies of medieval Europe, character models and gear style also appeals to me... basically everything in the trailer looks good... it's just that one little thing that makes me sceptical: the part of the world developing it. The word "grindfest" keeps entering my mind.

Online GoGeTa006

• The fate of destruction is also the joy of Rebirth
    • Anime Planet listing
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 06:00:18 am »
It looks aesthetically pleasing, the towns are outright copies of medieval Europe, character models and gear style also appeals to me... basically everything in the trailer looks good... it's just that one little thing that makes me sceptical: the part of the world developing it. The word "grindfest" keeps entering my mind.

for some reason I kept thinking of Sword Art Online as I was watching the trailer. . .I was like "damn that looks like the town of beginnings" and stuff like that. . .

I'm hoping its not a grindfest. . .the name of the company doesnt bring up much in google. . .other than this MMO

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 11:26:53 am »
I bet you would get more results if you googled in Japanese or Korean.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 12:17:15 pm »
4:02 looks like what real gameplay will be. Other shots look like Dragon's Dogma, especially the combat. It's definitely impressive, but subscription fee --> no buy. It probably will have that. Otherwise I'd also be playing TERA.

Offline Nikkoru

• Cyberpun
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 01:33:00 am »
Where's the desert?
Peace, Love, and Tranquility

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 09:37:18 pm »
Does anyone have a guest pass I could use? I wanna try the game out.

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline Penthero

• Part prison, part home
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 10:08:45 am »
Does anyone have a guest pass I could use? I wanna try the game out.

I'll mail you one key.

Still have one left.
As time has shown, hope exists only in name. It´s actual meaning is despair.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 08:49:44 am »
lol worst damn game to ever install, ever ... ever ever. It's not even working after making it install ... and there is no other way to download this game on their official website besides this which has some weird wordings in there.

So the game is not running after downloading 33 GB of data. Awesome cakes man ...

Offline Penthero

• Part prison, part home
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 09:37:28 am »
lol worst damn game to ever install, ever ... ever ever. It's not even working after making it install ... and there is no other way to download this game on their official website besides this which has some weird wordings in there.

So the game is not running after downloading 33 GB of data. Awesome cakes man ...

There is a link on your account page after you've added the key - http://akamai-gamecdn.blackdesertonline.com/live001/game/download/setup/BlackDesertOnlineSetup_20160228_1005.exe
Didnt give me any problems.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 10:01:56 am »
I checked the account page, there was no link. After the PM you sent and I put in the key code, it showed me the link ............. :/ Thanks, downloading 33 gigs again lol.

Offline Penthero

• Part prison, part home
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 11:42:55 am »
I checked the account page, there was no link. After the PM you sent and I put in the key code, it showed me the link ............. :/ Thanks, downloading 33 gigs again lol.

Yeah, they could have added some information... all it gave me was the key =/

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 07:45:57 am »
Where's the desert?

Although I heard there is a desert someplace on the map that is currently unavailable.

Comparing Black Desert to Blade&Soul:
Depends what you want, both games don't have the holy trinity (tank/dps/heal) but there are basic differences:

Enemy AI:
Blade &Soul has it, which means you have to block, parry or evade attacks, the enemies also can do those moves.
Black Desert is a silly slaughter mainly, allowing you to simply FARM. It has some fun mechanics, but combat is just that, you slaughter countless enemies, I heard you can cap in a matter of 5 days. In Blade&Soul combat is mechanic and skill based, even in PVP, capping is also quite easy I hear but instancing (dungeons) is a little painful. Not sure cuz didn't try it yet.

I'm interested in Dark Desert, but no time for it.

Online Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 07:13:43 am »
Saw some footage of this yesterday. Damn, it looks good. But I heard the recent update made it a pay to win and everyone is really pissed at it. Damn, I really liked the look of it. The character creation is freaking awesome really. I so want to try this out. Not paying for this messed up system though. Anyone have a key they are not using? I just want to try out the character creation and just some normal stuff to kill some time.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Online logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 08:00:50 am »
Saw some footage of this yesterday. Damn, it looks good. But I heard the recent update made it a pay to win and everyone is really pissed at it. Damn, I really liked the look of it. The character creation is freaking awesome really. I so want to try this out. Not paying for this messed up system though. Anyone have a key they are not using? I just want to try out the character creation and just some normal stuff to kill some time.
sent you a 7 day pass, imo the game is crap, looks nice, but is bland as hell, nevermund the pay to win bs...

Offline blackhole

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 08:12:54 am »
Read up some complaints about why it became p2w.
Basically, the issue is with the terrible RNG system, the xp per mob kill makes you grind to no end, and the game is buy2play without subs and apparently there never will be new content like DLC or expansions.

The Koreans Pay2Win is pretty blatant in this one.
Initially it wasn't supposed to be like this, the developer made some promises but now went back on them apparently.

Things that ARE p2w in this game: (Keep in mind that the only Pay2Win mechanic considered to be P2W is that you can only buy it for real money and it gives you an advantage over players that don't pay real money)

-Cash Shop items that boost your XP gain
-Cash shop items that boost your in-game currency gain
-Cash Shop items that improves your RNG drastically
-Cash Shope costume that gives you stat boosts
-Cash Shop pets that cannot be obtained normally, and they actually deal damage to the attackers.

What is not P2W:
-Anything in-game cash shop that doesn't directly imrpove your chances over non-paying players
such as :
-costumes that only look good, but have no boosting features
-non-permanent dyes

Basically the game indeed went into cash shop pay to win system, the only difference between the western release and the korean one is that koreans play for free.

Online logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2016, 09:21:42 am »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
nah, that shits negligible, its become pay to win because you can now sell the cash shop items ingame to make fucktons of ingame currency to then buy all the end game gear+enhancements you want.  since nothing is bind on pickup, you can just buy a full set of the best possible gear at level 1.

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 02:06:28 pm »
I just started playing this 2 days ago. I'm still on my guest pass, and I'm probably not going to spend more than $20 on this game since it's clearly p2w and has no endgame except getting PK'd while grinding once you get past level 50. $9.99 base game + $3×3 for 3 more character slots while they're on sale - normally $6 each. The character creation is fucking awesome though. Check out a couple characters I've made so far:

I'm not 100% happy with my others just yet. Here's one I'm working on for example:

I probably need to make the eyes slightly closer together and lips a little less wide. The thing I did with the eyeliner looks pretty cool though, I think.

Here's another I'm messing around with:

For anyone that's never played the game, it's not all that easy getting Western looking faces like I showed you above. That's a lot of tweaking, cause here's what you start with:

An Asian face with 7 Asian face presets, which moreso change the texture to a different Asian one than actually change the face shape.

To change it you've gotta sort of do 3d modeling with these thingies:

On the plus side if you're bad at that sort of thing there's a huge gallery to choose from that users can submit their characters to and other users can load them:

Only bad thing is that it'll perpetually display the original maker of the design as the "Crafter" at the bottom left, no matter how much you modify it. Me personally, I look through all the pages (there's ~130-150+ in the pretty category for each class) and look for ones that have good eye shapes (ignoring everything else) cause those are the damn hardest things to get right (since literally all of them start at super Asian) and I just load up each of the good ones and save them as files until I have enough that I'm happy with being able to potentially make something good from one of them as a base. It's all about the eyes though, everything else I'm confident in my ability to change on my own. xD

We can change the body shape too, which is pretty awesome. Here's my ranger:

It's the best character creation I've ever seen in a game, really. It's even better than APB Reloaded.

Oh and if anyone wants to try it out you can grab a guest pass here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/32751-guest-passes-main-topic-all-post-here/

There's like literally hundreds of unused guest passes.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2016, 03:06:37 pm »
So you're trying to make a diigital clone of yourself into the worst RPG game ever that is free to play in Korea, obviously P2W and westerners have to pay to play and it's even worse P2W.

Congrats.
The Chara design in that game is indeed great, wish more games adapted to an elaborate character creation like that. Many games lack that uniqueness in general and in many others the character creation part is just a facade cuz it doesn't really matter at all.

Online Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2016, 03:18:06 pm »
I like the first one. Seriously, the character creation is really nice in this. It would be nice if games like DA:I had these (yes, it's good, but has some stupid limitations and mods are no help since there are literally no mods).

Homu-Homu is troubled