Author Topic: Destiny - Bungie's new saga  (Read 19774 times)

Offline FlyinPenguin

• Wishes all anime was yuri ;)
Destiny - Bungie's new saga
« on: February 18, 2013, 04:23:40 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSL86iHUs3M

More aliens pinning mankind's back against the wall. Still, I think the whole one city left concept is kind of cool. I will have to wait to see more and actually play it before passing judgement.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see this one until the next gen consoles arrive. I bet Microsoft would love to work out a deal to make this a 720 exclusive launch title. Microsoft and Bungie did well having Halo as a Xbox launch title.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url=http://www.anime-

Offline Fwind4

Re: Destiny - Bungie's new saga
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 05:05:01 am »
Yeah it looks interesting, pretty ambitious stuff with the multiplayer. Don't think it will be xbox exclusive since Bungie is partnering with Activision.
I have a nitpick already about it though: a sphere that size has to effect the Earth's gravity well.

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline SeventyX7

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 05:58:01 am »
I don't think this is going to be any sort of "killer app" by any means but I think it looks like a nice distraction for a few months to play with a couple friends.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 02:22:50 pm »
http://www.gamepur.com/news/15265-destiny-indeed-coming-pc-release-date-leaked-steam-database-activision-says.html

Not going to bother with playing this on PS3. But will definitely try it out if it comes to PC. Hoping for something different than Borderlands which I could never get into.

Offline AceD

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 06:39:43 pm »
The multilayer video's I've seen make the game look extremely boring, though people claim it's much more fun than it looks. Dejavu of Titanfall in that regard, and that didn't end well.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 07:02:33 pm »
Dejavu of Titanfall in that regard, and that didn't end well.
39 hours into Titanfall, and there is still two DLC packs to go. I'm not over that game yet.

I've been trying to get a beta key for my PS3 for the last two hours or so. Really interested if it's as addictive as people say. I certainly love the look of the game.

Offline AceD

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 07:30:14 pm »
Dejavu of Titanfall in that regard, and that didn't end well.
39 hours into Titanfall, and there is still two DLC packs to go. I'm not over that game yet.

I've been trying to get a beta key for my PS3 for the last two hours or so. Really interested if it's as addictive as people say. I certainly love the look of the game.
In regards to Titanfall, the amount of people playing compared to the hype around the amount who bought it...is incredible. Personally I think it's good, but not good enough to hold my interest like some other shooters I've played over the years. I HOPE Destiny is good, but I'm not getting my hopes up to much.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 08:11:43 pm »
In regards to Titanfall, the amount of people playing compared to the hype around the amount who bought it...is incredible. Personally I think it's good, but not good enough to hold my interest like some other shooters I've played over the years. I HOPE Destiny is good, but I'm not getting my hopes up to much.
It's sad that people are looking down on a game just because it didn't match the insane hype. It's still an awesome game. But is Call of Duty still going to sell? Probably.

Offline Mimishiki19

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 12:48:37 am »
I don't understand the hype around Destiny. I've seen the trailers, the interviews and stuff and it doesn't sound like anything special. There are tons of games like this, some even free to play. What makes this title stand out? Why is it on some peoples "most anticipated games" list?

I want a cow and NO,not for a hentai! Why...why would you think that? ⚢

Online logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 02:37:43 am »
I don't understand the hype around Destiny. I've seen the trailers, the interviews and stuff and it doesn't sound like anything special. There are tons of games like this, some even free to play. What makes this title stand out? Why is it on some peoples "most anticipated games" list?
because there arent manyany games like this, firefall is the closest I can think of...and tbh if Firefall looked like destiny and had the resources bungie has then it'd be playin that shit all the time.

Also Halo...Halo 1 changed the shooter genre, all the Halo's have had ridiculously popular multiplayer, and now the company that made Halo is doin a new thing, so every fan of Halo will be looking forward to it.

but mostly cuz scifi+rpgness+online multipler=win

Offline SeventyX7

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 03:10:04 am »

Offline Mimishiki19

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 07:05:21 am »
because there arent manyany games like this, firefall is the closest I can think of...and tbh if Firefall looked like destiny and had the resources bungie has then it'd be playin that shit all the time.

Also Halo...Halo 1 changed the shooter genre, all the Halo's have had ridiculously popular multiplayer, and now the company that made Halo is doin a new thing, so every fan of Halo will be looking forward to it.

http://www.mmobomb.com/games/mmofps
You did answer my question. More money for development.
I was thinking of Firefall when I saw this game. This and Borderlands, which had money.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:07:35 am by Mimishiki19 »

I want a cow and NO,not for a hentai! Why...why would you think that? ⚢

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 03:32:49 pm »
I'm coming into this totally fresh. The only Bungie game I played was Halo: Combat Evolved for PC, and that was, what, more than 10 years ago?

I don't understand the whole "Bungie revolutionized the FPS genre" though. Can someone explain to me? What about Half-Life?

Well, definitely getting for PC if it's released. I really like the game so far. Tyrion as my personal companion? I can dig that.

It's unbearable on PS3 though. 30 fps on 720p? Not getting a PS4 for it. But my hours on my new gaming rig really has made me spoiled. It feels so incredibly slow with 30 fps. The same happened when I recently played though Uncharted 3 again.

Oh, and I hate playing FPS on consoles.

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 07:28:25 pm »
Guess everyone forgot about Unreal Tournament 2.

I'm quickly bored of doing teh same shit in multiplayer so I rarely play shooter games in MP.

And it doesn't look interesting one bit, from teh first video I think the setting is for NO AI at all. AI enemies just stand there doing nothing but trying to NOT aim at you ? fun.

Online logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 08:53:48 pm »
I'm coming into this totally fresh. The only Bungie game I played was Halo: Combat Evolved for PC, and that was, what, more than 10 years ago?

I don't understand the whole "Bungie revolutionized the FPS genre" though. Can someone explain to me? What about Half-Life?
http://www.gamesradar.com/the-top-7-ways-halo-influenced-the-games-industry/
and what about half-life? no one said Bungie is the only one to ever influence fps games...
also, go replay Halo: Combat Evloved, then play pretty much any FPS that came out recently, I'll bet they play very similar (and for comparisons sake play any FPS from before Halo)

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 06:17:55 am »

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 06:27:40 am »
I'll be first to say it:
Gameplay is glitchy, story is boring and uninteresting, and teh characters ... we can't really see what they are like aside from being badass soldiers.

We know nothing of the game, characters, lore, and it's already hyped up above proportion.

I know well enough what games so hyped up do at launch.
They crash, and become crappy and teh entire hype is supposed to make people believe it's great where it fails to actually deliver.

I'll have fun playing this when it's for 3.99 Euro on steam :)

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 06:33:54 am »
^I find it hard to tell whether you played the Beta or not.

Offline VexHaus

• fnord
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2014, 01:00:29 am »
also, go replay Halo: Combat Evloved, then play pretty much any FPS that came out recently, I'll bet they play very similar
If by this you mean "linear and uninspired single-player experience with mediocre level design" then yeah I agree, I've noticed a lot of shooters since then have been like this too :-|
Illuminaughty

MAL