Author Topic: Destiny - Bungie's new saga  (Read 19640 times)

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline Mimishiki19

Re: Destiny - Bungie's new saga
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 04:49:12 am »
The game came out.No one saying anything?
I hear the game is a bad borderlands copy.I don't have a console so buying it was never a option for me.

I want a cow and NO,not for a hentai! Why...why would you think that? ⚢

Offline SeventyX7

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 05:01:53 am »
I'll play it when it comes to pc.  Basically it got hyped up too much: it's a good game but not a great one.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 05:04:40 am »
Today even some of the top scoring players are being destroyed by the first raid. ;D

Incidentally, I just hit level 20 today. Getting better at the PvP too :D.

Offline logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 05:37:33 am »
The game came out.No one saying anything?
I hear the game is a bad borderlands copy.I don't have a console so buying it was never a option for me.
The pve gameplay is excellent, the enemy AI is quite good, the level design+mob spawn rate is awesome and the game is challenging...probably too much so if you arent good.
The pvp is better, it's basically Halo with some added stuff...although the level rotations could use some work...I always end up doing the same mission twice in a row...

However, the lack of social functions drops it from being a omfg awesome game to just a really good game, I play on ps3 and the only way to talk to another player is to either send them a message via psn (which takes forever and is a hassle) or invite them to your group and then use voice chat (which exactly handy when lookin for a group or somethin...)...and then most people dont have a mic...so basically the pve aspect seriously needs better communications options.  AND WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE SETTINGS, HUH?1 FUCK YOU BUNGIE, I JUST WANNA TURN THE INGAME MUSIC OFF

So far I've put ~50 hours into the game, and I imagine I'll be playing it for a couple months at least
oh, AND A SKIP CUTSCENE BUTTON, seriously, I've watched that intro movie 5 times now...

Overall I'd say it's...probably the best game I've ever played...(sorry Morrowind, you had to be dethroned eventually)

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 05:54:19 am »
Wow. 50 hours already?!? I usually love RPG and I have only spent on oblivion (and I started that almost three weeks ago). I must be leaving the gamer's guild.

Anyway, looks like this game made $500 million dollar in revenue in its first 25 hours. That's quite a achievement on its own I guess.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline SeventyX7

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 06:00:29 am »
Wow. 50 hours already?!? I usually love RPG and I have only spent on oblivion (and I started that almost three weeks ago). I must be leaving the gamer's guild.

Anyway, looks like this game made $500 million dollar in revenue in its first 25 hours. That's quite a achievement on its own I guess.
With all the investors lined up and the dev & marketing costs, it may need to make a lot more to be profitable I fear.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 06:03:26 am »

Offline Yurie

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 07:39:00 am »
Primeguard Clears the Vault of Glass Raid

Those statistics :o.

Assume you should be higher level for that content with most groups. It should also get easier as people figure out the details, as all hard computer related things do.

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 10:02:00 am »
One of the comments:
Vanilla WoW Raids taking a whole weekend.

I remember that, even in tBC doing a raid was a pain just preparing for it, then you had to actually do it, mostly with people that didn't know what to do.

I loved AQ40 most.

But a game without a way to prove you did the raid is silly, doesn't it have some sort of replay or screenshots or something ? Achievements ?

Modern game without Achievements ?? Can't be !

Offline revo

• I Can Only Carry 50 Loli's at a Time
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 10:41:53 am »
I got my ps4 with destiny (for the same prices as regular ps4  :yes:)

And game at the start was a bore I allmost sold it right away but I kept on going and now @19LVL it's awesome :)
like diablo3+borderlands

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2014, 05:28:40 am »
I got my ps4 with destiny (for the same prices as regular ps4  :yes:)

And game at the start was a bore I allmost sold it right away but I kept on going and now @19LVL it's awesome :)

PS4 \o

By the way, for some reason FWC stuff for Hunters needs upgrade material that virtually no one has ever seen.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2015, 01:33:09 pm »
Level 14 Titan. PSN is jakobvantran. Add me if you're up for some Strikes or just interested in tackling some story missions with me.

Not that, I mean trying to get into the game just by playing through the main campaign (the issue is lack of story).
Wasn't being sarcastic btw. I like the game.
Well, I'd play Crucible, but the matchmaking is seriously messed up. It's putting me against level 30s when I've not even hit 15 yet. Of course, skilll is definitely involved. But I only think I've been able to kill tw or three so far. I know it's because Destiny's system is stat-based whereas Titanfall is not for example. No problem killing players even when I've regenerated.

Strikes are fun though because I get to play with a few others. Not fun when they leave halfway through.

It should be more fun when I can alternate between Crucible and PVE.
crucible matchmaking isnt the best, but it is actually quite good, teams (or players if you're playing free for all) are matched up by their play skill level ex: 6 dudes at skill lvl 100 vs 3 150's and 3 50's, I'm not 100% sure about that, but I've played a lot of crucible (just checked and I'm at 1032 matches xD) and occasionally check the other players stats, so I'm pretty sure that's more or less how it works. 
Also there are no stat differences in regular crucible, a lvl 30 with lvl 30 weapons deals+receives the same amount of dmg as a lvl 1 (certain exotics have very slight advantages), so you playing 30's stat wise is fair, they just have more experience playing so they're better.
Oh, that's cool. Guess I'll give it a go again then. :) yup, not very good at competitive FPS on consoles. It's a far cry from the mobility I'm used to with mouse and keyboard.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:15:21 pm by Takeshi »

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 05:10:54 am »
You know you could have sent a PM instead of dusting off an old thread.  Destiny screwed me out of too much money for not enough content and there's no way in hell I'm buying the second one.

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 05:56:20 am »
Oh, that's cool. Guess I'll give it a go again then. :) yup, not very good at competitive FPS on consoles. It's a far cry from the mobility I'm used to with mouse and keyboard.

You get used to it eventually, I believe. Though I can't seem to get the hang of sniping in PvP most of the time.

Speaking of Iron Banner, I can finally reforge that rocket launcher from two months ago. >.>

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2015, 12:36:31 pm »
You get used to it eventually, I believe. Though I can't seem to get the hang of sniping in PvP most of the time.

Speaking of Iron Banner, I can finally reforge that rocket launcher from two months ago. >.>
I doubt it, it's annoying I can't look to the right or left without stopping when sprinting. So if I want speed I essentially need to disregard the fact that an enemy might see me from the right without me noticing.

Most kills I get are from running up and melee someone. :D or unleashing my Fist of Havoc. Only just hit level 20 so I still can't survive for long. But I am doing better than when I was just level 14-15. I can also use my legendary sniper I got from playing the Alpha now!

But yeah, I tried out Iron Banner for a match, wow, so not ready for that shit yet. Now to find out the best way to level further so I can try raids.

Gotta admit, it's a lot more addictive than Guild Wars 2 for exmaple. I'm loving the gameplay. I just wish Bungie and Activision were as generous as NCSoft. It took 2,5 years before they even started to talk about releasing more stuff people needed to pay for. There was talks about more paid stuff for Destiny even before the game was released.

Offline logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2015, 11:33:14 pm »
I doubt it, it's annoying I can't look to the right or left without stopping when sprinting. So if I want speed I essentially need to disregard the fact that an enemy might see me from the right without me noticing.
what game has an enabled sprint mode that lets you look to the sides while sprinting? since the mouse controls your direction of movement, when sprinting if you try to look to the sides you'd just change direction...I dont play many PC FPS though, so maybe some have a look to the side key?  But either way you have a point, with controllers its more plan ahead to shoot a dude quickly, than relying on twitch reflexes so any PC game can be potentially faster...also RADAR xD

But yeah, I tried out Iron Banner for a match, wow, so not ready for that shit yet. Now to find out the best way to level further so I can try raids.
general crucible is "level advantages disabled" iron banner doesnt have that though, so you shouldnt attempt it if you're under lvl 30, and the easiest way to lvl is probably by getting the legendary (purple) faction vendor gear (crucible, vanguard etc) and an exotic from Xur.

I just wish Bungie and Activision were as generous as NCSoft. It took 2,5 years before they even started to talk about releasing more stuff people needed to pay for. There was talks about more paid stuff for Destiny even before the game was released.
you know gw2 had a cash shop from day one right...and Aion was subscription only, so even if they didnt charge for expansions they were still makin money, but Bungie doesnt have that so I can't imagine them not charging for expansions

and Titans ftw! Bungie nailed the melee mechanics in this game, so punchin dudes in the face never gets old xD

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2015, 05:17:19 am »
A friend of mine has picked up Destiny recently by renting it from the library in his area.  I gave him the same advice someone gave me...Keep that starting rifle you got in old russia.  Thanks to the modifiers in multiplayer crucible it's the best rifle you could ever have.  I deleted a lvl 15 character just to get that rifle back and it worked out better than most of the ARs available to my higher characters.  So even though I said goodbye to that game, I do still try and help those who are either just starting or only staying for the crucible.

On a side note, I do wish I could have the controls from destiny while I'm playing the MCC.  You get those twich reflexes and when you go back to the old scheme it gets wonky.

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2015, 09:14:49 pm »
I'm trying to understand how factions works.

So when you join one of the tree factions; New Monarchy, War Future Cult or Dead Orbit, you get reputation towards your faction instead of Vanguard Reputation, and you still get Crucible Marks? And you still get Vanguard Marks too?

The only advantage those three have against just staying in Vanguard is that the weapons are specialized in two of the three properties; Intellect, Discipline, Strength? Whereas Vanguard is all-around?

And Crucible is the only PVP-focused faction? But that's not really a faction you need to join, right?

Also, what faction are you guys in?

Offline logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2015, 10:40:46 pm »
I'm trying to understand how factions works.

So when you join one of the tree factions; New Monarchy, War Future Cult or Dead Orbit, you get reputation towards your faction instead of Vanguard Reputation, and you still get Crucible Marks? And you still get Vanguard Marks too?

The only advantage those three have against just staying in Vanguard is that the weapons are specialized in two of the three properties; Intellect, Discipline, Strength? Whereas Vanguard is all-around?

And Crucible is the only PVP-focused faction? But that's not really a faction you need to join, right?

Also, what faction are you guys in?
you arent really 'joining' any factions, you simply equip that faction's class item to gain rep for them instead of vanguard/crucible rep so that you can get their faction specific weapons/armors (and very very rarely shaders+ships), so it's not like anyone belongs to any specific factions, although most people primarily get Dead Orbit rep cuz everyone wants black shaders...

imo Vanguard is the best since it gives the most options and its easier to get vanguard marks than crucible marks, note that all factions besides vanguard use crucible marks as currency

also keep in mind that every rankup from 3 and higher gives you a reward package that has random faction items, so you arent limited to just what the vendor sells (ex: I have a hand cannon from New Monarchy that can't be bought)