Author Topic: Destiny - Bungie's new saga  (Read 19639 times)

Offline Takeshi

Re: Destiny - Bungie's new saga
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2015, 11:08:10 pm »
although most people primarily get Dead Orbit rep cuz everyone wants black shaders...
...well, 90% of my clothes are black. :P

imo Vanguard is the best since it gives the most options and its easier to get vanguard marks than crucible marks, note that all factions besides vanguard use crucible marks as currency
Still seems like Crucible Marks is the better thing to farm because of that reason you stated. I guess I could level higher in Vanguard just so I can buy items faster, and become. And then down the line commit fully to a faction. I think I'm going to be playing this for a while anyway.

Destiny might just be what kicks MAA to the curb.

also keep in mind that every rankup from 3 and higher gives you a reward package that has random faction items, so you arent limited to just what the vendor sells (ex: I have a hand cannon from New Monarchy that can't be bought)
Yup, I read this somewhere. That's pretty nice.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:17:45 pm by Takeshi »

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2015, 05:13:48 am »
Indeed it is, given it's not just a mote + ascendant material + commendation. But I digress.

I also run New Monarchy for it's weapons though. And the possibility of the ship.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2015, 09:57:45 pm »
I got this game for 8 dollars brand new. Now I'm level 16, haven't spent much of the currency since this game feels like an end-game like WoW. Anyone else still currently plays this game?

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2015, 01:19:12 am »
I got this game for 8 dollars brand new. Now I'm level 16, haven't spent much of the currency since this game feels like an end-game like WoW. Anyone else still currently plays this game?
yes, and glimmer is more a resource for upgrades, you hardly ever have a reason to spend it to buy something, so dont feel like you need to save it.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2015, 02:58:42 am »
yes, and glimmer is more a resource for upgrades, you hardly ever have a reason to spend it to buy something, so dont feel like you need to save it.
I saw these 'tabards' that you purchase and you wear and you earn reputation. How does that work? I'm almost level 20 and just learned that there is a Light level which seems like it is based on your gear level?

Offline megido-rev.M

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2015, 06:00:29 am »
I don't know about that. I've been using a lot lately on heavy ammo synth and IB rewards.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2015, 06:03:10 am »
I don't know about that. I've been using a lot lately on heavy ammo synth and IB rewards.

Not to mention weapon reforging and upgrades.

Offline logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2015, 06:59:04 am »
right, iron banner is like once a month and heavy synth...you should be buying with strange coins...my point was there's no reason to save it till higher lvls since its not a precious commodity.

More importantly, we have the Official Destiny: The Taken King E3 Reveal Trailer :D
"Oryx is coming for you Guardian, can you blame him? you killed his son, with his own sword."
^ lmao

and damn, those new supers look fucking nice, I FINALLY GET TO SHOOT LIGHTNING, it's about time warlocks got something cool enough to make me actually wanna play as one (Titan fire hammer is still cooler though)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:05:51 am by logos »

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2015, 05:31:09 am »
and damn, those new supers look fucking nice, I FINALLY GET TO SHOOT LIGHTNING, it's about time warlocks got something cool enough to make me actually wanna play as one (Titan fire hammer is still cooler though)

And hunters finally get an actual evasion skill. :D

Also,

< equips Crota's End emblem

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2015, 07:56:54 am »
Medi, can I join your Fireteam?

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2015, 05:36:54 am »
If our timezones work out, then I don't see why not.
And every baka here can feel free to add me if you find out my PSN alias.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

---

Destiny: The Taken King – Bungie on the new raid, PS4 exclusivity and more

And I'm sitting here still without a HawkAwsome.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:59:07 am by megido-rev.M »

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2015, 03:45:55 pm »
And I'm sitting here still without a HawkAwsome.
Don't worry, Taken King will likely launch with some other Exotic gun you'll be chasing. I got some good luck this week, finally got my Gjallerhorn, got a second Ice Breaker and a Dragon's Breath.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2015, 05:59:31 am »
I'm not really chasing it other than for collection purposes, because I have the other two exclusives (Monte Carlo twice, and The 4th Holyshit).

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2015, 08:50:11 pm »
It seems to be favoured a lot for PvP though. Definitely want it too. Did a couple of raids today; got Found Verdict, Word of Crota, Fang of Ir Yut. Not a bad haul, but still have a lot of raid gear I haven't received yet. Also have Vex and Fate so at least the game is somewhat nice in not giving me them again.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2015, 06:13:51 am »
Besides its looks, I can't say other than that the lucky two headshot kill (and rare one headshot kill) is its main feature. As with other guns I've tested, I would need to try it myself to judge it overall.
As for raid weapons, what's funny is that until recently I've never seen a heavy weapon. Even then I've only gotten the Vault of Glass ones.

In other news, I finally acquired the flawless raider trophy after casually soloing Crota's End, which obviously gave me 2x shards ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:57:37 am by megido-rev.M »

Offline Logiick

• -sama
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2015, 09:34:16 pm »
It seems to be favoured a lot for PvP though. Definitely want it too. Did a couple of raids today; got Found Verdict, Word of Crota, Fang of Ir Yut. Not a bad haul, but still have a lot of raid gear I haven't received yet. Also have Vex and Fate so at least the game is somewhat nice in not giving me them again.
I still need Vex with all the times I've done VoG. My biggest annoyance is that it continues to give me shit I have or don't need. Once I get Vex, I'll pretty much never do VoG again.

I still do Crota every week just in case I magically get gally, but I've accepted that that's not going to happen. lol.
At least I run with 365 Hunger. Still, it's annoying when you can't do some things because people are absolute shit at this game and for some reason feel the need to 'require' 365 gally to do Skolas and some of the 32/34 bosses. It mainly stems from it being OP and people being far too reliant on it to actually do the strategy Bungie intended. I've done everything in the game without it, and it's not hard, so it blows my mind when I see people requiring it and whatnot.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2015, 06:02:00 am »
The only VoG weapon I've never sought out would be the Praetorian Foil.
Outside my occasional full runs, few players care to do the Oracles encounter for some reason.

As for the Jellyhorn, fact is two normal rockets still do work, and a strategy requiring gallys need to be revisited.
Luckily I never have to deal with people insistent about it.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2015, 12:40:08 pm »
In other news, I finally acquired the flawless raider trophy after casually soloing Crota's End, which obviously gave me 2x shards ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Want to give that a go too. Just gotta get my Hunter bladedancer levelled, but that's all you got for the entire raid?

I still need Vex with all the times I've done VoG. My biggest annoyance is that it continues to give me shit I have or don't need. Once I get Vex, I'll pretty much never do VoG again.

I still do Crota every week just in case I magically get gally, but I've accepted that that's not going to happen. lol.
At least I run with 365 Hunger. Still, it's annoying when you can't do some things because people are absolute shit at this game and for some reason feel the need to 'require' 365 gally to do Skolas and some of the 32/34 bosses. It mainly stems from it being OP and people being far too reliant on it to actually do the strategy Bungie intended. I've done everything in the game without it, and it's not hard, so it blows my mind when I see people requiring it and whatnot.
I like Vex, but still haven't upgraded it completely, and out of glimmer at the moment. D:

Hunter of Crota was what I ran with for the longest time, best Rocket Lancher after Gjally. And man, Gjally destroys. The best thing about it is that it doesn't just destroy what you're targeting, it also pretty kills anything within a few meters of the target. So you can pretty much clear a nice group of enemies in one go.

I understand why people use it for PoE. By the time you're facing the boss you've likely been in there an hour, and PoE is a lot less fun than raids at least for me. So they want to get the rewards as fast as possible and therefore use Gjally.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2015, 05:31:43 am »
Want to give that a go too. Just gotta get my Hunter bladedancer levelled, but that's all you got for the entire raid?

I did get more mats and two armor copies, plus my 6th Dragon's Breath in the other encounters.
But all I've got to show in the trophy screenshot is 2x Radiant Shard. The best thing I ever got soloing Crota was probably the helmet with more favourable stats.