Author Topic: Destiny - Bungie's new saga  (Read 19773 times)

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
Re: Destiny - Bungie's new saga
« Reply #420 on: November 08, 2016, 05:13:28 am »
Speaking of which, The Distant Star is pretty good, but not quite as good as MIDA. Mine has Perfect Balance and Rangefinder to boost the zoom of the Red Dot sight, but I would have preferred Illuminati to get its AA a tad higher (from 70 up to ~81).
Though I also have Explosive Rounds, so the extra zoom isn't too bad to have.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 05:30:32 am by megido-rev.M »
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #421 on: November 15, 2016, 06:38:44 am »
So to my surprise I got another The Distant Star that far outclasses my previous one. It's got a choice between fewer bullets or less range (Braced Frame vs. Hand-laid stock) along with Full Auto and Zen Moment.
No Clever Dragon with HCR for me, though my very last one dropped with Braced Frame + Appended Mag + Feeding Frenzy / Rangefinder. I'm pretty pleased by this as it suits my PvE usage requirements.

And if you haven't done Aksis' challenge yet, it's pretty damn easy to do. I've been wondering how smoothly the supercharge mechanic was supposed to go since October, and now we know.

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #422 on: November 15, 2016, 04:39:31 pm »
Made it to 400! Also, I got outbreak prime.

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #423 on: November 24, 2016, 06:35:08 am »
Finally got myself spliced armor pieces that are high enough grade for T12 while still wearing Tanik's cloak, so from now on I can switch between that and my Neuroghast pieces :D.
Now to do the challenge and get that spliced helmet...I swear it's Y2 all over again when it comes to helmets.

And to my surprise I got it out of the SIVA cache on my last chance this week, with just barely enough stat grading to fit my build 8).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:58:23 pm by megido-rev.M »

Offline capnmorgan

« Reply #424 on: November 27, 2016, 10:13:26 pm »
I want more of the raid armor but the helmet looks like crap!  The warlock Helmet looks like two pieces of cardboard glued to the sides of your face!

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #425 on: November 27, 2016, 10:16:55 pm »
I don't raid with other classes, so I can only speak for hunters, and their raid set gear is currently the best looking of all four.
The only thing I found as odd, is that the normal shader (red one) looks better than the hard mode one.

Offline capnmorgan

« Reply #426 on: December 02, 2016, 02:59:01 am »
Just babysat my older brother yesterday.  He jumped from lvl 1-7 in about an hour and I was there to "Help" from time to time.  Occasional sniper rounds would go flying around.  An occasional sith lord would fly through.  that kind of thing.  When we get him to lvl 40, I plan  on running him through the raid asap! It'll be nice to have someone to run crucible with who knows my habits and can back me up.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #427 on: December 02, 2016, 04:16:56 am »
That reminds me, Iron Banner Rift is next week.
If it weren't for the fact that I already acquired a full-auto max stability The Distant Star already, I would participate (I could attempt to get an identical one with Extended Mag instead of APR, but quite honestly 4 additional bullets isn't worth much on top of a 14 round mag).

Offline capnmorgan

« Reply #428 on: December 02, 2016, 02:32:46 pm »
Shit

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #429 on: December 07, 2016, 03:05:28 am »
So The Distant Star Efrideet has comes with basically what I have except Extended Mag instead of APR and Hidden Hand or Firefly instead of Zen Moment. It's almost too good to pass up...

Offline capnmorgan

« Reply #430 on: December 14, 2016, 04:00:06 pm »
Now that I have the scout rifle, I no longer need to do IB and the rage monster can die.  SRL is back and I'm having a blast with it so far!  It's just as much fun as I remember and I STILL hate that Map on Mars.  I can never make that darn jump and I always get screwed by the fans.  Always.  Other than that, I'm enjoying the new maps.  I was at work most of the day yesterday and I saw someone complaining about a Golden Age forklift driver on the bungie forums.  I didn't know what he was talking about until my first run on Haakon's Ridge.  I found it first try!  I laughed so hard I almost couldn't finish the race. 

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #431 on: December 14, 2016, 08:22:30 pm »
Ultimately I decided to pass up the scout rifle as I didn't find much appeal to not using Full Auto + Zen Moment (meaning Braced Frame + Extended Mag is ruled out, and also HCR/ER are meh, plus APR serves as a small range boost).

I'm a bit conflicted with SRL. Right now FFXV and Disgaea 5 have most of my interest, so I don't want to spend too much time on races, but at the same time I want to try getting to max rank this year, and it sounds like there are Crucible weapons dropping as well.

Online logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
« Reply #432 on: December 14, 2016, 11:44:36 pm »
I'm a bit conflicted with SRL. Right now FFXV and Disgaea 5 have most of my interest, so I don't want to spend too much time on races, but at the same time I want to try getting to max rank this year, and it sounds like there are Crucible weapons dropping as well.
I only did 3 races, saw 2 eyaslunas drop, saw some others, but didnt remember which ones.  I'm playing for the new armor sets (although the promo sets are stupid looking imo) and racing gear with LL, gonna make my warlock look like a hunter!

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #433 on: December 15, 2016, 05:37:15 am »
gonna make my warlock look like a hunter!

It's funny, because the Nanomania armor and the Makeshift Scarf make my hunter look like a Titan. >.>

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #434 on: December 18, 2016, 06:50:55 am »
So I managed to finish the four goals for the SRL page (completing the book) and the Sparrow Racing quest and got to rank 5 in one day. It was quite enjoyable so long as I wasn't entirely aiming to win races (or trying to run over enemies deliberately).
Not going to play any more of it for the Crucible weapons as the game seriously likes giving me Ill Wills (5 and counting >:(, though my 4th one is the LitC god roll <_<) and I've also only seen one or two Matadors dropping out of 36 races, but I did get a complete set of Speeder gear and I have exactly 8 ornaments to deck it all out, plus all the possible shader drops this time :D.

Offline capnmorgan

« Reply #435 on: December 19, 2016, 08:24:31 am »
I'm stuck on class s license. I get in 1st but somewhere in lap 3 it all goes to crap.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #436 on: December 21, 2016, 06:25:39 am »
Are you steering correctly, and looking at the gate distance markers rather than looking for them on screen at the last second?

Offline capnmorgan

« Reply #437 on: December 22, 2016, 11:51:23 am »
Yeah.  I've been getting  screwed by phantom rocks/walls/ edges that completely stop me and let the ENTIRE race just blow by me.