Author Topic: Things that kinda make you sad  (Read 58377 times)

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
Things that kinda make you sad
« on: April 26, 2013, 07:08:02 pm »
Well, a lot of stuff didn't really fit in that other thread for me. *shrug*

My server changing from cookie to pegasus.

I shall miss you cookie.  :'(

Offline Darth.Sid

• * The Amazing Sid ! *
Re: Things that kinda make you sad
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 07:10:44 pm »
Reminiscence has its 'sad' parts... Looking back at how it's all changed always makes me sad to some extent.

._.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 07:33:30 pm »
Oh by the way, it's not all bad for me...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 07:36:44 pm by Tiffanys »

Offline Nikkoru

• Cyberpun
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 09:13:25 pm »
This made me kind of sad. Although I guess it's to be expected. This too, for that matter.

I couldn't forget this, this, and even this.
Peace, Love, and Tranquility

Offline Xycolian2332

• Veritas voluntas disperdet te
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 10:29:27 pm »
Humanity

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 10:41:49 pm »
lol whaaaaaaaat... store pulls peanuts due to not including warning that they may contain nuts... Who the hell is gonna be dumb enough to not know that peanuts contain nuts... That makes me sad too Nik.

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 11:10:03 pm »
This made me kind of sad. Although I guess it's to be expected. This too, for that matter.

I don't know, most of that stuff is so impersonal, I can only wonder how it can invoke anything but indifference. For example to me it's sad remembering that my cousin died at age 14 because she had the worst kind of kidney stone formation that kept recurring after each treatment until it caused a deadly complication. Died a virgin too, what a waste.

However I may be misunderstanding the thread, maybe a more appropriate title should be "First world problems"?

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 11:20:15 pm »
It's "kinda make you sad" not "makes you want to slice your wrists and grab a tub of ice cream while you bawl your eyes out"-sad.

Offline Nikkoru

• Cyberpun
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 12:57:23 am »

I don't know, most of that stuff is so impersonal, I can only wonder how it can invoke anything but indifference. For example to me it's sad remembering that my cousin died at age 14 because she had the worst kind of kidney stone formation that kept recurring after each treatment until it caused a deadly complication. Died a virgin too, what a waste.

However I may be misunderstanding the thread, maybe a more appropriate title should be "First world problems"?

I don't see your point. For one, there's no objective standard of what should sadden me, thankfully. For another, there are degrees of sadness as there are for every emotion. A musical composition, a poem, a novel, a movie, a television show, a bubblegum comic, the colour of the sky - these can effect me emotionally to varying degrees. I don't feel the need to contrast these against the most extreme highs and lows in my life to justify feeling something, because then I would be emotionally stunted.
Peace, Love, and Tranquility

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 04:12:26 am »
Losing 15 months of some kind of work.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 07:50:54 am »
Ha! I guess it's just me who is completely indifferent to pretty much anything other than extremes then.

Offline ASAFan

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 01:40:45 am »
That's interesting everyone.  You know what makes me sad?

YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Geico commercial flashback (for those not in the US, it's an American Car Insurance Company, and this one commerical featured a drill sergeant as a therapist)

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 08:02:00 am »
That commercial is actually known worldwide since it became a youtube hit as well.

Offline AceD

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 12:34:02 pm »
I basically just used it like a buffer after my OVH box which was 100/100 1TB/5TB for ~$18-22/mo. Hard to seed with 150-200GB of space cause you can't really saturate peers without seeding a big enough variety of files.
What you want to look for is Kimisufi servers that are on old contracts, they are what i was seeding with. They are the same specs as the cheapest Kimisufi servers but they have unlimited bandwidth. Finding a few of them is by far better than any seedbox you can get, i had 6 of them but i sold them on.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 06:15:00 pm »
Nah, OVH is a very bad provider nowadays. They've went very downhill. They're doing a lot of throttling down to like 1MB/s on their dedis. Nonsense like this:

All sorts of other bad stuff is being said about them as well, not to mention requiring your drivers license, some utility bill, blah blah, if you live outside of certain EU countries. OVH is pretty much somewhere you want to stay away from with a 10 ft pole now.

Overall, now, if you use the full connection speed for more than 5% (36 out of 744 hrs) of the month you get throttled down to 10Mbps (e.g. 1 MB/sec). It is shit. You don't even have to go over your bandwidth limit and it doesn't even have to be external. It's probably the single worst thing you could possibly have on a seedbox. They did it specifically to spite people using seedboxes with their service.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 06:25:43 pm by Tiffanys »

Offline AceD

• Facebook
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 06:44:48 pm »
How long has it been like that for? i only stopped seeding here around 1 month ago, and i was uploading around 40-50TB a month to this website with OVH. Well, my experience with them is a good one at least.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 07:05:41 pm »
Dunno. Like I say, I dropped them when Irish SOPA passed back around March of 2012.

Offline rostheferret

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 11:26:33 pm »
lol whaaaaaaaat... store pulls peanuts due to not including warning that they may contain nuts... Who the hell is gonna be dumb enough to not know that peanuts contain nuts... That makes me sad too Nik.

Because a peanut is a legume, not a nut. Hence why the warning is required. It is perhaps a bit extreme though, you'd think people with nut allergies would know whether peanuts caused their throat to close or not.

Offline Bob2004

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 01:41:34 am »
Not to mention, it was a bag of "Whole Hearted Roasted Monkey Nuts". And I for one actually had no idea monkey nuts were a kind of peanut until reading that article, so I wouldn't have realised without the warning. Not that I'd have bought them anyway, though - I don't eat nuts often.

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 02:36:29 am »

Because a peanut is a legume, not a nut. Hence why the warning is required. It is perhaps a bit extreme though, you'd think people with nut allergies would know whether peanuts caused their throat to close or not.

That's just sad.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!