Author Topic: Things that kinda make you sad  (Read 58105 times)

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
Re: Things that kinda make you sad
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2013, 08:48:25 pm »
still though i've yet to find a fitting goal for myself, and no i don't think having a dream is of help either. if i understand their difference dream is something unattainable by normal means while goals are naturally attainable through the course of time.
but hey, i don't find my self miserable, otherwise i would've ended it a long time ago :P

You've got plenty of time yet to figure things out so don't fret too much about it.  Stuff has to unfold in its own time.  It's quite possible that one day something will simply click and you'll say, "I want that out of life."  It's happened to me, and I've seen it happen to my younger friends.  In context, "that" can be anything -- a desire for a particular academic degree or career, for a house, to move to a particular place, even to get married & have kids.  The main thing is just to keep some faith that you'll figure it out eventually.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline Shohei-kun

• Your resident game developer
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2013, 09:05:45 pm »
My life.
Since nobody online can ever present an intellectual discussion and internet discussions bring out the worst in me I have decided to abandon all forms of social media, message boards, and media comments. If you want something from me feel free to send me a message.

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2013, 09:24:27 pm »
If nothing we do matters, the only thing that matters is what we do. Just stop wasting time if you don't enjoy wasting it.  :)

Because we can!

Offline rostheferret

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2013, 09:29:39 pm »
I think the more that I travel, the more I realise I don't want to be here. Maybe I'm just jaded by my own country, but I'm tired of the same thing, day in and day out. Sure, I like that London gets a lot of good live music and there's some awesome indie cinemas I every so often go and binge at, but that's about it. And yet, I feel forced here by all the family and friends - not to mention my long term partner - that keeps me tied here. Every time I disappear for a while, I return only to remember everything I'm missing out on. But is the grass greener on the other side? Is it something that I see only because of my brief time as a tourist? The sensation of being torn in two is not exactly one that makes me happy.

Online kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2013, 09:42:51 pm »
My life.
welcome to my world  ;D

still though i've yet to find a fitting goal for myself, and no i don't think having a dream is of help either. if i understand their difference dream is something unattainable by normal means while goals are naturally attainable through the course of time.
but hey, i don't find my self miserable, otherwise i would've ended it a long time ago :P

You've got plenty of time yet to figure things out so don't fret too much about it.  Stuff has to unfold in its own time.  It's quite possible that one day something will simply click and you'll say, "I want that out of life."  It's happened to me, and I've seen it happen to my younger friends.  In context, "that" can be anything -- a desire for a particular academic degree or career, for a house, to move to a particular place, even to get married & have kids.  The main thing is just to keep some faith that you'll figure it out eventually.
yeah true enough.

Online megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2013, 04:33:25 am »
Presumably, if you want something but don't feel like obtaining it yet, there's something persistently bugging you.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Online kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2013, 05:01:01 am »
Presumably, if you want something but don't feel like obtaining it yet, there's something persistently bugging you.
its your angel on your right shoulder saying get it nao... or wait, it may be the demon on your left. :P

Offline donald1

• ☢CAUTION☢
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2013, 07:48:46 pm »
the fact I won't get to see how technology will advance after I die. people have created amazing things in only the past 100 years, imagine all the awesome stuff there could be in another 100 years. I would like to see how basic things like the car or computers have improved by then. and 500 or even 1000 years from now, technology could advance so far it might look like some sort of magic to us.

kinda sad we won't get to see any of it.

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2013, 06:36:38 pm »
I was about to post this in the member's homes thread... so disappointing...

Or who knows, it could be Rosecliff and the Buckingham Palace... :P
It's good the thread was deleted though.

Offline gits

• Staff
  • What evidence?
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2013, 07:01:01 pm »
I was about to post this in the member's homes thread... so disappointing...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Or who knows, it could be Rosecliff and the Buckingham Palace... :P
It's good the thread was deleted though.
didn't get deleted, it was just merged with forum member's pictures.
[18:20:14] <+kurandoinu> How surprising. A conversation with gits turned to physics. That never ever happens.

Offline surdumil

• Yeah! I'm lookin' at you!
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2013, 07:02:48 pm »
Henryk Gorecki: Symphony No. 3, Opus 36 makes me weep if I listen without distraction.  Very beautiful, powerful, striking, and sad.

Offline buchno

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2013, 10:16:43 pm »
Underground-Gamer is down because of legal problems :(
...I'm cursing myself for not downloading the full GameCube collection while I had the chance.

Online metro.

• notesonhowtolive.
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2013, 02:06:53 am »
My new monitor showed up today, but I can't go pick it up until later in the week.

at the movies drunk & young

Online megido-rev.M

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2013, 02:13:31 am »
GameFAQs' new default layout.

Offline buchno

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2013, 01:42:16 pm »
What's wrong with it?
...except that the default font size is too big?

Online metro.

• notesonhowtolive.
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2013, 08:11:00 pm »
I'm missing yet another day of work because I'm sick.

at the movies drunk & young

Offline Nodame-chan

• Staff
  • コ・イ・シ・テ・ル
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2013, 08:49:28 pm »
Game of Thrones makes me sad.. or rather depressed.
君は忘れるの?
This is what YOU are

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2013, 11:58:57 pm »

You're following the wrong work of fiction if you're expecting anything happy to happen to anyone.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline buchno

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2013, 01:11:14 am »
You're following the wrong work of fiction if you're expecting anything happy to happen to anyone.
Oh, don't say that, they're all happy from time to time. It's just that when they're not happy, they usually end up dead (or heavily beaten and without a hand).

Online megido-rev.M

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2013, 02:17:49 am »
What's wrong with it?
...except that the default font size is too big?

It's a reminder of how many new interfaces of many things are are ugly.
I also prefer the old one, so I needed to modify the URL.