Author Topic: [Tutorial] Solutions for Taking Screenshots  (Read 26070 times)

Offline csoo54

Re: [Tutorial] Solutions for Taking Screenshots
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2013, 06:19:12 pm »
A suggestion; might want to add something like "make sure to include file extension (.mkv, etc.) in the filename when replacing 'VIDEOFILE' in the first line".

I'm still new to AviSynth and I had problems because of it while using this tutorial. Others might experience the same too. (・_・ヾ
(v`・ω・´)-- Don't touch --(`・ω・´v)

Offline Raito

• Staff
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 04:39:17 pm »

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 04:57:19 pm »

Offline Raito

• Staff
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 05:44:54 pm »
FFMS2r743 (10bithack)Download

Broken.
It works fine for me.

Didn't bother trying after trying 3 browsers, must be my internet.

Oh, tried again after an hour and works this time. ;) This thing is a brainstorm for a beginner. Feels same as first time I adopted a torrent.

Offline Deafboy91

• I can't hear you!
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 02:52:03 am »
Thanks for tutorial, gave me a huge refresh feeling than old tutorial.

Hope you will add the advance tutorial to sync frame rates in someday soon. I plan to upload some hentai but most of it always out of sync while comparison. :-(

Cheers,
DB

Offline line0

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 04:53:30 pm »
A suggestion; might want to add something like "make sure to include file extension (.mkv, etc.) in the filename when replacing 'VIDEOFILE' in the first line".
alright, i'll make sure the tutorial is clear about this.

Hope you will add the advance tutorial to sync frame rates in someday soon. I plan to upload some hentai but most of it always out of sync while comparison. :-(
yeah, i didn't forget about that. expect it to be done sometime around beginning of september.

This thing is a brainstorm for a beginner. Feels same as first time I adopted a torrent.
I was thinking about making this a little simpler and came up with the idea to automate the "setting up" part by running an elevated powershell script that is fetched from a server. This would cut down the setup process to a single step, but
a) require PowerShell 3 (which means no Vista or XP) because i don't want to bother with ps2
b) use sensible default settings (e.g. for install locations) without any option to change them. That would also include silently installing helper tools like chocolatey and 7-zip (if not found in PATH).

Would you guys welcome such a new setup option or not?

Offline Raito

• Staff
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 04:13:14 am »
It just took time to insert into my brain but I managed the most important parts. Took a deal of time, resolve and concentration to learn this but thanks to you I did, eternally grateful.

Offline line0

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 08:50:40 pm »
updated tutorial to revision 10 (see first post for changelog). Everyone who already has downloaded ExRelease should update to v0.9.5 which includes a number of important fixes and also extracts all (rather than just the first) subtitle tracks.

Offline WaraiKuma

• Slouching Towards Bethlehem
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 10:10:37 pm »
Just wanted to say a quick thanks, this is a wonderful tutorial.

Offline 12laus

• Staff
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 10:40:34 am »
Just wondering, if I ever want to use this method to take regular screenshots... are there any modifications to the script I can do to take away the group and the frame no. on the screen's top right?

Edit:
If you're using the latest version, commenting out or deleting the last 2 lines should do the trick.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:02:42 pm by 12laus »

Offline anonymlol

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2013, 11:06:07 am »
If you're using the latest version, commenting out or deleting the last 2 lines should do the trick.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:42:13 am by anonymlol »

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 04:45:00 pm »
I'm not very knowledgeable about AvsPmod macros, but is it possible for the macros to use variables from inside the script? I was thinking that if yes, it would be pretty nice to modify the current Save Image Sequence macro to automatically fill in details like current working directory and group name for the image names.

Offline line0

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 08:03:38 pm »
I'm not very knowledgeable about AvsPmod macros, but is it possible for the macros to use variables from inside the script? I was thinking that if yes, it would be pretty nice to modify the current Save Image Sequence macro to automatically fill in details like current working directory and group name for the image names.
avsp.GetVar()

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 01:22:54 pm »
I've written a new macro that simplifies the existing export macro considerably, automatically setting things like PNG format, file name format and save directory. Initial version is quite simple. Click to use, and it should just save all the bookmarked frames as 8-bit PNG images in the current working directory (where the video file is) with the format #####_Groupname (where ##### is the frame number).

As with the existing export macro, it only works on the currently selected tab. I intend to add automation for exporting frames for all open tabs in future versions, but I'll have to see how that goes.

The macro can be found here: https://github.com/southrop/ExRelease-Export

I'd appreciate any help with testing it, as I'm not an experienced Python dev.

Edit:
Updated to version 0.2. This version now exports images for all open tabs rather than just the active tab.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:07:19 pm by Southrop »

Offline line0

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 06:19:42 pm »
I've written a new macro that simplifies the existing export macro considerably, automatically setting things like PNG format, file name format and save directory. Initial version is quite simple. Click to use, and it should just save all the bookmarked frames as 8-bit PNG images in the current working directory (where the video file is) with the format #####_Groupname (where ##### is the frame number).

As with the existing export macro, it only works on the currently selected tab. I intend to add automation for exporting frames for all open tabs in future versions, but I'll have to see how that goes.

The macro can be found here: https://github.com/southrop/ExRelease-Export

I'd appreciate any help with testing it, as I'm not an experienced Python dev.

Edit:
Updated to version 0.2. This version now exports images for all open tabs rather than just the active tab.

I'll try it out and add it to the tutorial.

Offline WaraiKuma

• Slouching Towards Bethlehem
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 06:23:49 pm »
In case of releases running out of sync, you're dealing with either missing sections or different frame rates.

Is there a way to deal with missing sections/different frame rates without moving changing frames for each release?

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2013, 05:10:26 am »
Hm it seems v0.2 is currently not saving things properly. It actually still only saves images from the active tab, although it does get different filenames. Reverted my commit for v0.2

edit:
Should be fixed in v0.3 now.
Set up some releases for convenience. https://github.com/southrop/ExRelease-Export/releases
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 09:44:00 am by Southrop »

Online macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2013, 12:42:41 am »
OK, I caved...

Now I get an error though.

\                                    (b10) ? Dither_limit_dif16(DitherPost(mode=-1).TextSub(subfile).Dither_convert_8_t o_16 (), thr=1.0, elast=2.0) : TextSub(subfile)

Something about a script error, expecting a "," or a "("...

Edit: too tired to notice it before, but there's an extra space in the script code I copied from here...  ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:21:52 am by macros74 »

Offline pjkperker

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2013, 08:12:54 am »
OK, I caved...

Now I get an error though.

\                                    (b10) ? Dither_limit_dif16(DitherPost(mode=-1).TextSub(subfile).Dither_convert_8_t o_16 (), thr=1.0, elast=2.0) : TextSub(subfile)

Something about a script error, expecting a "," or a "("...

Edit: too tired to notice it before, but there's an extra space in the script code I copied from here...  ;)
I'm also facing the same error, could you please tell where that extra 'Space' is ?

Offline KuroxShiro

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2013, 11:18:38 am »
Dither_convert_8_t o_16  -->   Dither_convert_8_to_16