Author Topic: [Tutorial] Solutions for Taking Screenshots  (Read 26071 times)

Offline revo

• I Can Only Carry 50 Loli's at a Time
Re: [Tutorial] Solutions for Taking Screenshots
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2013, 12:05:45 pm »
is there a way to make method 1 work with avxsynth under linux

Online macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2013, 12:44:39 pm »
"In case of releases running out of sync, you're dealing with either missing sections or different frame rates. Refer to the [Advanced Tutorial TBD] on how to deal with those cases."

Hmm...
I know it's still in the works, but now I've got one release that suffers from this, compared to two other releases.
I guess the only option for now is to create two tab groups and manually shift frames and bookmarks?

Offline Deafboy91

• I can't hear you!
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2013, 08:49:35 pm »
Heya,

I wonder if it's possible to add displayframe= 'true or false' option in avsynth/Exrelease? I asking because I using avsynth/ExRelease method to take screenshots for description and hard-coded frame-number started bothering to some people in this community.

Thanks in advance
DB

Offline 12laus

• Staff
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2013, 09:50:40 pm »
Heya,

I wonder if it's possible to add displayframe= 'true or false' option in avsynth/Exrelease? I asking because I using avsynth/ExRelease method to take screenshots for description and hard-coded frame-number started bothering to some people in this community.

Thanks in advance
DB

I asked this question on the previous page already...

Offline 2005chuy

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2014, 06:45:05 am »
nvm it worked out
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:36:06 am by 2005chuy »

Offline DmonHiro

• Neko The World
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2014, 02:09:19 am »
I have an odd problem.

http://compare.bakashots.me/compare.php?setId=474&comparisonId=2630&imageNum=1

Look at the ones under DmonHiro. They look bad, VERY bad. Thing is, they look fine while on my PC, but once I upload them, they turn into THAT. Anyone have any ideas?
Demons run when a good man goes to war. Night will fall and drown the sun, when a good man goes to war. Friendship dies and true love lies, night will fall and the dark will rise, when a good man goes to war. Demons run but count the cost, the battle's won, but the child is lost.

Offline Al_Sleeper

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2014, 04:02:11 am »
They look more or less fine at the first glance. Are you sure it is not a simple case of file corruption in your browser cache?

Offline Xythar

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2014, 04:05:24 am »
Yeah, seems fine to me. Yours looks significantly better in comparison 2, for instance (loligeddon has lots of banding and the colours seem wrong, though it might be best to do a comparison with the BDMV to be sure)

Offline cold_hell

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2014, 04:20:55 am »
Seems like VLC/MPC+EVR screenshot for me

Dmon used the uploader's screenshots and they are taken by VLC

http://bakashots.me/eerMOtLreRDsPBG1aL/info
vlcsnap-2014-03-16-18h40m06s197.png

Offline Al_Sleeper

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2014, 04:26:23 am »

Offline der richter

• Former Staff
  • Judgment
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2014, 04:37:01 am »
not like that comparison is legit. the loligeddon screens were taken from the description of a current offer. those screenshots weren't taken properly in the first place (fucked up chroma, banding and what not) and are not really a good way to compare it to another set of screens. but keeping that aside since it doesn't have anything to do with your problem, i just wanted to prevent a unnecessary comparison discussion here.

for the comments above. his problem is not the difference between the loligeddon and his screens, but rather just his screens on that comparison compared to the same screens on his PC. so just ignore those loligeddon screens.

i can guess what problem you might encounter. try stripping your screens off of the sRGB colour profile. here is your screen 2 stripped off of the colour profile (if you indeed have this problem, this screen opened in your browser should look like the screen locally on your PC). since the screens you took from the offer don't have a colour profile specified (note, the colours on the loligeddon screen are wrong in the first place and are not the desired outcome) and yours do, some browser won't show you the same colours. same goes for the colours you see on your locally saved images compared to the screenshot opened in your browser.
this hugely depends on your browser and setup, and can only be observed in specific situation. so this might or might not be your problem.

just for your confirmation, stripping the profile and comparing your screen to one i just took of loligeddons (1080p) release look similar, besides the usual encoding differences.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 04:56:52 am by der richter »

Offline DmonHiro

• Neko The World
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2014, 10:49:31 am »
Thanks guys, it seems like my browser fucked up the colors. Sorry for the trouble.
Demons run when a good man goes to war. Night will fall and drown the sun, when a good man goes to war. Friendship dies and true love lies, night will fall and the dark will rise, when a good man goes to war. Demons run but count the cost, the battle's won, but the child is lost.

Offline PlaguedHell

• If you can't dream... then what does life mean
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2014, 02:16:58 pm »
Took me so much longer to redo on my new PC than my laptop, and I get errors w/ powershell (didn't get any on my laptop)   :-\, but it still works great and extracts the fonts and so  :)
Curbed Stomped - Kickin it old school

Certified Street Soldier [SS]

Offline PuddingParty

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2014, 07:24:34 pm »
\                                    (b10) ? Dither_limit_dif16(DitherPost(mode=-1).TextSub(subfile).Dither_convert_8_t o_16* (), thr=1.0, elast=2.0) : TextSub(subfile)

i'm receiving script error: expected a , or ) (New File, line 28, column 124)

column 124 is marked with *

any ideas as to what i should do herez

Online macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2014, 08:08:02 pm »
Please read the last few comments on the previous page...

Offline mugz

• I don't know much, I just immitate those who do...
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2014, 04:51:06 am »
Seems like VLC/MPC+EVR screenshot for me

It reminds me of the time I spent days getting advice on fixing artifacts in an anime that "just wouldn't go away" - only to find out they weren't there in the first place, they were being put into the screenshots I was using to show my results by VLC...

The admin of BakaShots should require a disclaimer in order to log in:

First Confirm: I have read the tutorial on screenshots, and and above all I understand that screenshots taken with VLC are not allowed.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying... (Oscar Wilde)

Offline Al_Sleeper

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2014, 06:58:47 am »
In some cases extreme settings in LAV can screw them up MUCH more than VLC Player with default settings.

Offline line0

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2014, 05:31:46 pm »
\                                    (b10) ? Dither_limit_dif16(DitherPost(mode=-1).TextSub(subfile).Dither_convert_8_t o_16* (), thr=1.0, elast=2.0) : TextSub(subfile)

i'm receiving script error: expected a , or ) (New File, line 28, column 124)

column 124 is marked with *

any ideas as to what i should do herez

remove the space beetween t and o in Dither_convert_8_to_16

Offline overmind

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2014, 05:25:02 pm »
Maybe change
Code: [Select]
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope CurrentUser
to
Code: [Select]
Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -Scope CurrentUser
It is more secure.

about_Execution_Policies

Offline carks

• Staff
  • Everyday is always the best day~
    • muh blog
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2014, 01:23:13 am »
It might be an error in my end but i can't get it to work. I did everything, but ExRelease says "Fatal Error: missing mkvinfo.exe. Make sure MKVToolNix is installed and in your PATH." I did both so i don't know what is wrong ;_;

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga |