Author Topic: TV Shows You're Currently Watching?  (Read 17284 times)

Offline metro.

• notesonhowtolive.
Re: TV Shows You're Currently Watching?
« Reply #260 on: November 10, 2016, 06:47:26 am »
I finished up Penny Dreadful a couple of days ago.  Very well done show, has a few really stellar moments.  I could have done without some of the faux sex scenes in the show, but whatever.  I also have some mixed feelings about the last episode; I may have to go back and rewatch the last episode or two.

You should consider The Girlfriend Experience.

at the movies drunk & young

Online Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2016, 11:53:45 am »
I finished up Penny Dreadful a couple of days ago.  Very well done show, has a few really stellar moments.  I could have done without some of the faux sex scenes in the show, but whatever.  I also have some mixed feelings about the last episode; I may have to go back and rewatch the last episode or two.

You should consider The Girlfriend Experience.

Doesn't look like the kind of show I would typically enjoy.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2016, 03:50:07 pm »
does movies count? i can seem to recall we have a thread for movies, but i'm too lazy to dig it up.

i just watched "the last witch hunter (2015)" on TV and it was quite a nice change of pace.

Offline Tanis

« Reply #263 on: November 13, 2016, 07:03:53 am »
I saw Kubo, finally, and it was great.

Online Winkle

« Reply #264 on: November 27, 2016, 07:46:33 am »
Westworld

Offline Johnny D

• Kinda dumb
« Reply #265 on: January 06, 2017, 07:14:45 am »
Yeh, me 2. I must say if I would make an artificial world, made of robots (more or less sentient) I would think a cowboys one would be boring.The part with the samurai was the most impressive, but sadly it was just a short scene. That would have made a far more interesting park theme.
Not to mention Sir Anthony Hopkins is 80% of what makes this show intriguing, I hope he's not out from S2 on.
There's a lot of potential now in the show, I must admit, yet the 1st season wasn't as impressive as it could have been. Hoping for better.

I have watched S1 of Hand of God. Was quite decent but with an awful cliffhanger at the end. And the 2nd season yet to start. I recommend for those who want to try this serial to w8 till the 2nd season is done so they won't have to kick themselves after the end of the 1st season like me.
There will only be 2 seasons of it but intentional! Not like in other shows like "V" or Stargate Universe where you want to kill everyone involved for not finishing the story, this story will be wrapped up in season 2, as it should be if you're not a mind criminal shows producer.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:19:14 am by Johnny D »
It's the human urge to light up the dark corners for answers in other people… but at the end of the day, there are no answers there.
Just more lives as sad and singular as your own.

Do not go gentle into that good night, / Rage, rage against the dying of the light.