Author Topic: Shingeki no Bahamut | Rage of Bahamut [Series]  (Read 8972 times)

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
Re: Shingeki no Bahamut | Rage of Bahamut
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2014, 07:19:52 pm »
They could do a good ending now and then release a true ending for gamers.

oO Can't see how they would do it though. There's only one episode left, after all...unless they stream the "true" ending on the internet, and even so, some viewers (namely me) will be left butthurt because that's the canon ending xD and others will be left just confused.
Btw, the last episode's title seems to be "Rage of Bahamut", so ye, think it may end with the bahamut reviving.

They did a true ending for Ore Imouto ... the one where Kirino needs to be raped but wasn't. Since the studio did an original ending for that anime, the hell broke so loose they decided to release 2-3 eps titled "True Ending Route" which was received with much better reception, where it still was not as good as it was in the LN or Manga but it was better than what was given initially.

It's really not that hard to make a sensible ending because a miraculous ending where Favaro goes Super Sayan is in no way going to make me happy about it. There are sometimes shows that simply have to end badly, and this one needs a nice boat.

Offline midgardissun

• wut w8
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2014, 08:12:56 pm »
They did a true ending for Ore Imouto ... the one where Kirino needs to be raped but wasn't. Since the studio did an original ending for that anime, the hell broke so loose they decided to release 2-3 eps titled "True Ending Route" which was received with much better reception, where it still was not as good as it was in the LN or Manga but it was better than what was given initially.

It's really not that hard to make a sensible ending because a miraculous ending where Favaro goes Super Sayan is in no way going to make me happy about it. There are sometimes shows that simply have to end badly, and this one needs a nice boat.

I see oO Still think it would be too...specific? If they end the anime with bahamut reviving and all hell breaking loose, people will be dissatisfied, but no rage because most didn't have real expectations on the anime anyway and will see it as a very smart ad. If it ends all happy and cozy with with a rushed friendship/determination/companionship/yaddayadda power deus ex machina that miraculously destroys Bahamut and saves everyone, it'll be a terrible ending, some will like, but most people will probably hate it, but I don't think it would warrant more episodes, because, aside from the cards (which obviously have no real plot), this anime doesn't have another source to base on.

I quote this again, because I definitely agree. It'll feel rushed, and it'll be a bad way to force a "good and cozy" ending as I said :|
If having Bammy awaking up from his sleep in mood to destroy the world will be a better ending, then be it. (hey! it could be used as a hook for a second season! ;-;) and from I searched, this card game has Favaro, Amira and the Knight Knighty. They seem to be pretty awesome cards btw ;p

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline midgardissun

• wut w8
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2014, 11:29:49 pm »
'Rage of Bahamut: Genesis" Teases Follow-Up

They did, didn't they? <3

Btw, I liked the ending. It wasn't ground-breaking, and even though that twist
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
felt a bit rushed, It was a fine way to end the show.
Actually, I'm surprised how much they were able to pack into the episode oO and the frantic rhythm worked pretty well, imo. I can see even people who aren't into anime liking this show.
Anyway, considering the source used to make this anime (a card's game), and how many things could go wrong, they did a magnificient work. Gotta praise the studio for this oO I wouldn't call it the "best anime of 2014!!11!1!", but sure was a pleasant surprise and a quite enjoyable show to watch. Wish Rage of Bahamut wasn't so underrated, it needs moar love <3
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:54:45 am by midgardissun »

Offline blackhole

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2014, 11:45:17 pm »
I'm slightly disappointed because there wasn't shown any closure, however for the game development this might be a good ending.
Can't see the video in the link tho.

Offline midgardissun

• wut w8
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2014, 11:55:02 pm »
I'm slightly disappointed because there wasn't shown any closure, however for the game development this might be a good ending.
Can't see the video in the link tho.

Can't open the video, either, but I'm guessing it must be about the scene where Favaro says that Bahamut isn't dead yet, so it could be used as a hook for a possible next season. And then there's that image that appears after the credits, showing Amira and Bahamut, in which is written "I'll be back!".

Offline dbml

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2014, 02:13:03 am »
I was incredibly pleased with the ending. Most of the loose ends were wrapped up. The battles were fabulous.

Surprisingly, best series of the season. Never would've thought a series about a card game could pull such a feat off.

Online Takeshi

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2015, 09:41:25 pm »
What happened to Bahamut though?

Did Favaro's blade straight up kill both Amira and Bahamut? Also, didn't Favaro stick his blade into Bahamut twice? Arguably, the best anime that is based on a game. Well, until I saw Fate / stay night on the list. o_o

Happy that my hopes for this show were fulfilled. In fact, it was better than I was hoping for. Great animation and really good characters. That seems like such a throwaway these days. Plot was really solid as well.

Offline midgardissun

• wut w8
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2015, 11:42:41 pm »

Did Favaro's blade straight up kill both Amira and Bahamut? Also, didn't Favaro stick his blade into Bahamut twice? Arguably, the best anime that is based on a game. Well, until I saw Fate / stay night on the list. o_o

Happy that my hopes for this show were fulfilled. In fact, it was better than I was hoping for. Great animation and really good characters. That seems like such a throwaway these days. Plot was really solid as well.

If we take into account what Favaro said at the end of the series, Bahamut should be still alive (and Amira by extend). Now, what exactly happened to them? I don't know. Only if a 2nd season comes out we may know.
and ye, Fate/stay night was based off a visual novel (a +18 one at that).

Offline blackhole

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2015, 11:59:11 pm »

If we take into account what Favaro said at the end of the series, Bahamut should be still alive (and Amira by extend). Now, what exactly happened to them? I don't know. Only if a 2nd season comes out we may know.
and ye, Fate/stay night was based off a visual novel (a +18 one at that).
Originally it's considered +18, but there is +15 version. Without the ero-scenes. Ero-worms still are present.

Offline megido-rev.M

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2015, 09:00:02 am »
Second Season of "Rage of Bahamut" Anime Confirmed
Hell yeah!!!!!!

Though I wished the first season itself was a 24 episode anime.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline blackhole

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2015, 09:34:21 am »
I still have no idea what it could be about from the way it ended.
Expecting a lot of fanservice. And a drop of animation quality.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2015, 05:09:52 am »
I still have no idea what it could be about

-said everybody. 8)

Offline megido-rev.M

Offline megido-rev.M

Offline megido-rev.M

Offline dbml

Re: Shingeki no Bahamut | Rage of Bahamut [Series]
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2017, 08:51:31 am »
I don't think there's a chance in hell it can live up to the expectations given how fantastic the first was, but I'm not giving up hope!