Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 13032 times)

Offline Takeshi

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« on: January 07, 2014, 08:29:24 am »
My most anticipated game of 2014. At least it looks like it'll be released in 2014.
Ah, Wiki says Q2 2014. I wouldn't mind that being true. :D

I should have a gaming rig soon so hopefully I can play through Witcher 2 one last time before throwing myself all over W3. Gonna buy on Steam too this time, just because of achievements. I don't feel that I've truly experienced the game at 20 fps plus 640x80 resolution. =(

It's gonna be the Skyrim for me. But it'll hopefully be a more interesting world. I got bored of Skyrim very quickly because of how little narrative there is in that game. Hopefully W3 still has that plus this huge wide world to have fun in.

Offline PurpleJaeden

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 10:32:23 am »
Q2, shit I gotta start working more for a new PC..
Pretty excited for this title. Should play through TW2 again before this one comes out

Offline Hadouken

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 10:35:28 pm »
I wonder if a regular 7870 would be able to run it.
It runs TW2 no problem, 60 fps easily (on my 1440x900 monitor anyway).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:53:51 pm by Hadouken »

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 11:24:14 pm »
I wonder if a regular 7870 would be able to run it.
It runs TW2 no problem, 60 fps easily (on my 1440x900 monitor anyway).
Yeah, that is the question. I don't think we're getting a significant graphic boost, but the fact that it's open-world is definitely going to be factor in how well it'll run. How was TW2 with loading? It loaded a shit ton on my laptop, but it's weak as hell.

Offline Hadouken

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 12:24:32 am »
Not bad tbh, it runs quite good on my pc.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 03:45:51 am »
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/10/31/witcher-3-screens/ (<--- fucking amazing screens)
http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-Has-No-Loading-Screens-Changes-Magic-Sign-Mechanic-361374.shtml

No loading screen? Quicksave? It's almost like a bad joke how many steps CDPR take forward compared to other studios.

Offline Exxaxl

• <(O_O)>
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 03:48:50 am »
Seems i'm getting a new graphics card in Q2 2014 then  :yes:
*POMF*

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 06:10:33 pm »
I was honestly more thinking in terms of how they're designed. I know some games do a good job of completely eliminating loading screens as to not take you about of the experience.

Online Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 07:02:32 pm »
Those screens look awesome.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Exxaxl

• <(O_O)>
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 07:18:42 pm »
I was honestly more thinking in terms of how they're designed. I know some games do a good job of completely eliminating loading screens as to not take you about of the experience.

The problem then lies with your line of sight.
If you do not want to have loading screens, its impossible for everything in the game world you're in to be there all the time.
I'm not sure what I prefer: loading screens every now and then or GTA-wise rendering where sometimes the slowness of the render can make you fall through the world itself... >.>
*POMF*

Offline revo

• I Can Only Carry 50 Loli's at a Time
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 11:03:20 pm »

The problem then lies with your line of sight.
If you do not want to have loading screens, its impossible for everything in the game world you're in to be there all the time.
I'm not sure what I prefer: loading screens every now and then or GTA-wise rendering where sometimes the slowness of the render can make you fall through the world itself... >.>
the last of us and uncharted 3 don't have loading screens (only 1 when you start the game )

Offline Exxaxl

• <(O_O)>
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 12:23:05 am »
Both of those were designed for the console, making the rendering on PC obsolete.
Uncharted also decides where your camera is at any given time, looking around is limited & the last of us loaded the map during its movies.
The loading happens, you just don't see it happening. In a sandbox game, active rendering has to be done on the spot unless you're going to break up every X chunks with a movie.
*POMF*

Offline revo

• I Can Only Carry 50 Loli's at a Time
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 10:58:19 am »
Both of those were designed for the console, making the rendering on PC obsolete.
Uncharted also decides where your camera is at any given time, looking around is limited & the last of us loaded the map during its movies.
The loading happens, you just don't see it happening. In a sandbox game, active rendering has to be done on the spot unless you're going to break up every X chunks with a movie.
ofc it happens
The important thing is that you don't need to wait
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:17:37 am by revo »

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 07:41:12 am »
For people wanting more details on TW3: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34364-interviews-and-articles-on-tw3/

A lot of time can be spent reading those articles.

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 02:01:15 pm »
hopefully my gtx580 will let me play with nice graphics

Offline StormKnight

• Bleh.
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 01:11:24 pm »
As suggested by my sig, it's one of the three games I am looking forward to, this year

"Don't ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness for weakness."

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2014, 08:56:25 pm »
As suggested by my sig, it's one of the three games I am looking forward to, this year
the pic on the left in your sig reminds of the bottle of dalmore scotch i have

Offline Exxaxl

• <(O_O)>
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 02:35:00 am »
My GTX560 will cry in a corner when I try to run this :D
*POMF*

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 11:49:10 pm »
I think one of the major reasons people might have trouble running TW3 is if they decide to implement DirectX 11 technology like tessellation. TW2 really isn't that much of a demanding title since it utilizes DX9, but holy shit does the game look good compared to other titles using DX11.

Offline StormKnight

• Bleh.
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 02:45:10 pm »
the pic on the left in your sig reminds of the bottle of dalmore scotch i have
I had to check it up. The similarity is uncanny indeed.

"Don't ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness for weakness."