Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 12999 times)

Offline Takeshi

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2015, 08:12:50 pm »
So far I've been having fun in this game, my GFX is literally on the verge of not being accepted by new games, I guess an upgrade is in order.
Luckily I can run it on 1080p with mostly High settings. No NVIDIA Hairworks since that seems to tank my fps. I can usually maintain a 30+ fps, sometimes 40+ fps.

I'm having loads of fun, Destiny will have to wait a bit. No rush in beating this game.

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2015, 03:08:26 am »
Does anyone have some kind of list of quests that will make other quests fail? Early on doing the main quest made the dwarf blacksmith's quest fail and I suspect when I finish up these primary quests in Novigrad that all the others will fail which seems a bit extreme seeing as to how I must have about 20 of them...

edit: Also, anyone know any tricks for falling damage? I haven't died to any monster but I've died from falling and even some that shouldn't be that bad take like 50-90% of my health.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:50:23 am by Tiffanys »

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2015, 10:13:51 am »
I haven't failed any quests yet, probably I always do side quests first then main quests.

Stop jumping off cliffs and you will stop dying of fall damage you silly american :D

I had a problem finding the missing brother's shield cuz "area of search" but otherwise it's working ok for me.
The Moonwraith was a bitch to deal with though, but I like the mechanics involved.

Offline jevitsj

• その目だれの目
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2015, 10:34:08 am »
Really liking this game, haven't failed a quest yet so don't know.

I had a problem finding the missing brother's shield cuz "area of search" but otherwise it's working ok for me.
The Moonwraith was a bitch to deal with though, but I like the mechanics involved.

I also could't find that shield at first, was running around that area but didn't see anything.

That wraith by the church nearly got me when I just started, but I made it out of there alive and returned when I had dealt with the spectre in the well. Really liking it that you have to search for clues how to deal with some monsters before fighting them.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2015, 10:44:24 am »
edit: Also, anyone know any tricks for falling damage? I haven't died to any monster but I've died from falling and even some that shouldn't be that bad take like 50-90% of my health.
Press enter just as you're landing to roll. That seems to take some of the damage away. Otherwise you're simply jumping from too far. And yeah, it does seem a little extreme.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2015, 11:31:39 am »
I wonder if there is a good trick for money though, some materials to get from shops are fucking extremely expensive and finding them raw is too damn hard.

Crafting is another weird thing.

I'll just pick flowers and sell em like a good flower girl should do :)

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2015, 12:42:01 pm »
I wonder if there is a good trick for money though, some materials to get from shops are fucking extremely expensive and finding them raw is too damn hard.
There is a money exploit out there if you search for it.

Crafting is another weird thing.
Crafted a lot of stuff only to find out I need to be level 12 to put them on, guess I'll be weak for some more hours. It's not fun to be too OP anyway. The game is most fun when you can't halfass your way through a battle.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2015, 12:56:52 pm »
Meh I don't like to exploit games, selling flowers is a manly occupation :)

I just dealt with my first Monster Nest, found a pretty nice load in it, if I sell it I can finally repair my gear. I'm happy I didn't craft anything major yet cuz I just dealt with the deserters at the mill, and it kinda is funny that me being lvl 3 dealt with lvl 7 mobs just like that. Selling their own gear will make up a nice coin.

At the mill I found some really nice gear and considering the fact my equps are now in the red zone I should replace them with those upgrades :)

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2015, 11:06:17 am »
This game is very pretty ... and I like the action. All video settings maxed out, except shadow (have it on Medium, never liked Shadow). The audio sounds really good too.

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline blackhole

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2015, 11:13:29 am »
Yeh it is, I disabled vertical synch (I usually have it on in most games and don't notice the drain) and I was able to set a lot of settings to high, of course majority of physics is still a problem, I should really upgrade my GFX and probably CPU, and add more RAM, I'll do that when the time comes.

What really does stand out in this game is the detail of the monsters, seriously, some really creep me out, and that doesn't happen often.

While on my way to some quest point I encountered an Alghoul, fucking shit freaked me out, and was 7 levels ahead, had to fucking run away for now, I'll get you bastard, I'll get you !

The combat mechanics are great, but the thing I really love is investigation.
This part of the game is superb.

Crafting is also great, you can get multiple schematics for the same item which only improves the crafted item up to master level, very interesting and I like it.

I found it ironic that a small studio makes a much better game than the top studios in the world. Probably because they have to count every penny. And to think they started with Neverwinter Nights engine :)

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2015, 08:18:28 pm »
That OCD moment when you fail a part of a quest and want to do it again, but can't unless you want to load a save from the 19th. :( remember to save regularly, folks. Not just quicksave.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2015, 07:33:32 am »
Update 1.04 made the game soooo prettier. Things are smoother as well and texture and the hair looks better (hair looks more realistic, less lightning which is good).

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2015, 09:13:49 pm »
I find it very impressive they're already on 1.04 patch. Just makes the whole exprerience of playing a game on launch that much better. Unity took months to release that many patches.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2015, 09:17:03 pm »
From what I see those patches don't change that much which is better than making a huge patch because fuck yes, big patch to fuck your game by fixing things that work.

Weighs less, and small improvements work better.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2015, 03:26:07 am »
Any good wiki sites for this game? I want to see what my rewards are and if there are other quests that would open up afterwards or something. I also want to know how to make gold ... this shit is so rare in this game. I've been collecting garbage and selling it.

Yeah ... How's that official guide on Amazon? Anyone using it?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:01:49 am by Tatsujin »

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2015, 04:37:30 am »
Any good wiki sites for this game? I want to see what my rewards are and if there are other quests that would open up afterwards or something. I also want to know how to make gold ... this shit is so rare in this game. I've been collecting garbage and selling it.

Yeah ... How's that official guide on Amazon? Anyone using it?
I got Prima off of GGn, you could probably find it somewhere else if you look. If you really want gold that badly just download this: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/28

If you don't want it to feel like you're cheating then download this instead: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/6

That debug console mod is super useful btw. Here's a list of item ID's: http://pastebin.com/L3ZfRLts

You add items like so:
Code: [Select]
additem('Bread', 100)
additem('Bottled water', 5)
additem('Horse Bag 3')

Very important note is that everything is case sensitive.

The first one would add 100 bread, the second would add 5 bottled water and the last one would add a single horse bag 3, which is the Zerrikanian one I think. Obviously if you don't want to cheat you could just use it if you get a bugged quest or something and for some reason are unable to get some quest item you need. Rather than just being stuck you could add it via console. Super useful in these kinds of games.

Oh and this mod's amazing too: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3

You can give Geralt a higher base weight limit. If you're really into hording materials and stuff for crafting you might find it useful. Upping my weight limit is one of the first things I do on games, lol. A higher weight limit and merchants actually having more than 1000 gold makes my life so much easier... doesn't take away anything from gameplay as far as I'm concerned.

edit: Oh and these are the guide sites I've used the most...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-18-the-witcher-3-walkthrough-3696
http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/19/the-witcher-3-guide-walkthrough-pc-ps4-xbox-one-wild-hunt/
http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/Kaer_Morhen

edit: By the way does anyone know if Muster works in Gwent if you have the cards but they aren't in the deck you set up, or do they have to be in there to get pulled into play? I have a nasty monster deck with muster for all the vampires, the arachas, and the witches. I have to fill a lot of my deck with them though and sometimes I get multiples that I have to remove at the start of a game since I only need one of them to use them all. So, I was kinda wondering... couldn't find any info about it on google.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:10:15 am by Tiffanys »

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2015, 08:14:08 am »
I have enough of my brother and sister modding and cheating left and right, I'm enjoying the game it is right now without cheating. :P

The werewolf with Hanna story is pretty awesome. I lost the first battle, then I used some witcher potions which I never used and it made the fight easier. Good stuff!

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2015, 10:09:36 am »
Do any of you know if runes work if your item you're applying it to doesn't have that stat? For instance if I were to add a greater veles runestone for 5% sign intensity to my armor but my armor doesn't have that stat... would it do anything? Because I've noticed if I add a greater svarog (armor piercing) rune to a sword it doesn't seem like it adds the stat unless the sword already has that stat on it.

edit: Hmm... I quick saved and tested it. Doesn't work if that item doesn't have that stat.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2015, 11:25:06 am »
My gold was easy to make, though time consuming.

I killed wolves and worgs, there is a camp in the second area (post-prelude) that's called something like a spy' camp or something, stick there long enough, extinguish fire so wolves will come, and they will be raiding for around 20-30 minutes.
Sell the shit they drop for a nice copper.

My other method was picking flowers and selling em, takes a lot of time but they respawn very fast.

Sell gear you don't need, I currently have 7k crowns.

If you found some otehr currency you should check out it's values in exchange.

Also try haggling a lot with contractors, I actually haggled a lot lately and got 600 for latest contract.

A good idea is selling gear you don't need after repairing it for better price (around 20% better price)
I doubt you'll use up all your alchemy items so leave yourself with only 4 each and sell the rest, some are pretty good priced.

Destroy Monster Nests for jewelry, you can often find jewelry in there, you can sell them for a nice coin if you are good with prices.

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2015, 04:30:55 pm »
Do any of you know if runes work if your item you're applying it to doesn't have that stat? For instance if I were to add a greater veles runestone for 5% sign intensity to my armor but my armor doesn't have that stat... would it do anything? Because I've noticed if I add a greater svarog (armor piercing) rune to a sword it doesn't seem like it adds the stat unless the sword already has that stat on it.

edit: Hmm... I quick saved and tested it. Doesn't work if that item doesn't have that stat.

Chernobog rune is confirmed bugged, it does nothing right now, devs are working on it.

Also I don't have any problem with my cash, but more with my weight. I do not throw away upgradable witcher gear. So now I sit with upgraded griffdin gear on me while my feline set is in inventory while I collect some swag to upgrade it too. This game badly needs a personal chest for your stash.