Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 13000 times)

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2015, 08:22:43 pm »
Heh agreed, I could use a house or a base, wouldn't normally Kaer whatever be your base where you just drop shit off ?

I'm running around in griffin gear too and now I am seriously struggling not selling too many mats for later.
I don't craft what I can't wear anyways so it's easier for me.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2015, 08:49:30 pm »
http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/28/the-witcher-3-bug-nullifies-xp-points-for-quests/

Just when I have time to play the game again... Just typical.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2015, 08:55:17 pm »
* blackhole is running GoG on 1.03.

Doesn't give a fock :D

I plan not updating until major updates or DLCs or GOLD or GOTY.

I'm content with what I have atm :P

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2015, 08:58:03 pm »
* blackhole is running GoG on 1.03.

Doesn't give a fock :D

I plan not updating until major updates or DLCs or GOLD or GOTY.

I'm content with what I have atm :P
Have you done many main quests yet? The issue might be with those only. People have reported the same issue, and they haven't downloaded the newest patch yet.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2015, 09:04:39 pm »
I'm getting proper xp all the time.

Although i only play this game around 3-4 hours a day, but haven't touched it for 2 days now.

I play whenever I like to and I don't play it much.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline jevitsj

• その目だれの目
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2015, 11:53:24 pm »
Sometimes it's really frustrating to have too much stuff and can't sell it because: no merchant in the vicinity or they don't have any more money.

Meanwhile I can fill a whole library, what to do with all those books, just sell them I guess?  :P

Offline blackhole

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2015, 12:51:10 am »
I'm turning them into fiber :)
Then into ash if I feel like it :)

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2015, 01:51:55 am »
Sometimes it's really frustrating to have too much stuff and can't sell it because: no merchant in the vicinity or they don't have any more money.

Meanwhile I can fill a whole library, what to do with all those books, just sell them I guess?  :P
Check out my earlier post...

One of those gives merchants more gold and makes them pay more for your stuff. If you just want the vendors to have more gold then use this: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/5

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2015, 10:06:39 am »
I had to use such a mod on Skyrim as well. Just fucking annoying having to either dump dragon bones or carry them around making you slow.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2015, 05:10:23 am »
It's going to take me forever to finish this game... I restarted once after I'd done literally everything available except Skellige and had just arrived. I restarted then because I decided maybe I should romance Yen instead of Triss.

On the restarted one I did some things I didn't manage to do before like a few quests I'd failed by continuing the main quest and so on and I got to 55 hours in on that one when I realized that when I went through my first save apparently the one I'd been importing didn't leave Letho alive like I thought because I'd done a quest where he was supposed to appear (which I didn't realize at the time) so now I've decided to start over all over again... this time I'm going to use the questions during his shave to set the previous game rather than an import.

I think I'll probably just go with my initial experience and go with Triss this time but make a save before the decision so I can go back after I finish the game with that playthrough and try Yen's path instead. Definitely not going to completely start the game over again after this time though... this is ridiculous. >_<

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2015, 01:31:44 pm »
Really want to play again, but I'll probably start over again anyway when the patch lands. I just hope we don't get anymore bugs of that magnitude anymore.

Trying to kill some time with Aldnoah.Zero and Destiny in the mean time.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2015, 01:50:57 pm »
Of what magnitude? I haven't encountered any bugs whatsoever... it's been remarkably amazing for a game release to be honest.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2015, 01:54:30 pm »
Of what magnitude? I haven't encountered any bugs whatsoever... it's been remarkably amazing for a game release to be honest.
The XP bug, a lot of players are waiting for that patch to continue playing.

I'm curious, you're a girl so what is it about this game that attracts you, Tiffanys? I could definitely understand why girls might be more into Dragon Age than The Witcher.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2015, 02:00:29 pm »
I played the rest of the Witcher series and there's not really any other games out there right now. I've never actually been a big fan of Witcher like some people though... I couldn't force myself to play through the first, just watched a like 3 hour long video of the story. I did play through Witcher 2 though. I did Iorveth's path. I tried starting a 2nd playthrough before the big decision to try Roche but once I got to the next area I kinda got bored and fizzled out.

But yeah, I don't really like the game all that much. It's entertaining enough and a huge time sink and all but I definitely enjoyed Dragon Age Inquisition way more than this.

But why shouldn't girls like Witcher? Because the protagonist is a guy? A lot of girls actually play guys on games for the same reason a lot of guys play girls, you know.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2015, 02:41:56 pm »
I don't understand the question either, it's a good game, reason enough to let play anyone.

I like the episodes when you play as Ciri though, it's interesting fighting as her.

The Witcher originally was probably one of the most interesting comic book characters created in Poland, among a few other very interesting characters and comic books. If you are really into it you should definitely give it a try, it's really good and likely one of the very few titles I can recommend from the old school.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2015, 02:49:03 pm »
I played the rest of the Witcher series and there's not really any other games out there right now. I've never actually been a big fan of Witcher like some people though... I couldn't force myself to play through the first, just watched a like 3 hour long video of the story. I did play through Witcher 2 though. I did Iorveth's path. I tried starting a 2nd playthrough before the big decision to try Roche but once I got to the next area I kinda got bored and fizzled out.
The first game is very hard to get into, not the great game people claim it was, but it laid the groundwork for TW2 and TW3. It's very hard to go back to it now.

But why shouldn't girls like Witcher? Because the protagonist is a guy? A lot of girls actually play guys on games for the same reason a lot of guys play girls, you know.
Not saying they shouldn't, just so you know.

Just interesting to hear what a target which wasn't targeted found compelling. Well, you did mention you preferred DAI over TW3. Admittedly, TW3 is probably more catering than TW2 to female gamers because of Ciri.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 02:50:40 pm by Takeshi »

Offline blackhole

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2015, 03:42:55 pm »
Depending on the design, games with females as main leads, are being catered towards male players. Putting a male as main lead, despite the design is aimed at general audience.
The rest is decided by amount of explosions, crappy plot, bitches, tits, pecks (mainly on MC) and handsomness and badassery of the main lead.

Not many girls play games where the main character is a sexy girl in some slutty skimpy outfit. Guys play those games to ogle as mostly they lack story, sense or anything of note (other than tits, possible awkward poses in combat or other sexualized themes)

So as said already, despite design, male protagonists games are aimed at general audience, which means anyone can enjoy it.

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2015, 03:15:10 am »
"I will call it the Emmentaler!"

Ok, I literally had to facepalm, then facesmashdesk, then go and make some coffee and some lunch before continuing the game.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2015, 07:26:55 pm »
Damn... I'm going to have to go back like 6 hours of gameplay because...

So much time wasted reverting to earlier saves or starting over with this game... probably could have beaten it by now without all of this.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2015, 07:43:23 pm »
I think that's just the wonderful thing about this game, that choices actually have consequences, and not all of them are what you expected :)