Author Topic: Mass Effect 4: Andromeda. Release date: March 21, 2017  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
Mass Effect 4: Andromeda. Release date: March 21, 2017
« on: February 04, 2014, 04:33:23 pm »
According to BioWare developers the motion capture process has begun on the next Mass Effect at EA’S Vancouver studio. They are most likely putting together a trailer for this years E3. Bioware designer Jos Hendriks has also revealed through Twitter that the game is in playable development already. We have no confirmed release date for the next still untitled “Mass Effect” but if I were to guess I would bet on March 2015 giving the history of the 1st 3 installments. The information we do have so far tells us that Shepard’s story arc ended with the last game and that this next installment is probably a sequel.

I wonder how they'll continue it without Shepard... I'll definitely play it either way.

Update Feb 3, 2017: The release date for this game is March 21, 2017. It's being called Mass Effect: Andromeda.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 05:57:52 am by Tiffanys »

Offline Gh0st93

Re: Mass Effect "4"
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 08:43:39 pm »
GTA style of playing...

It's the only way.
~ This space for rent. ~

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 02:30:48 am »
More importantly

SEQUEL

So we get to see what kind of asspull they're going to do with the ending of the third? ???

Because we can!

Offline Hadouken

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 02:41:21 am »
I highly doubt it'll be a sequel. Probably a prequel to the three games or a new trilogy that takes place after the clusterfuck called an ending from the 3rd game. I guess you could call that a sequel, but w/e.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 02:43:20 am by Hadouken »

Offline cold_hell

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 02:45:27 am »
I hope that EA won't cut the release date with 6months again and leave BW to build quick incomplete ending... The extended cut didn't fix it at all.

Offline nstgc

• http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 04:20:46 am »
There isn't a lot of room for a sequel. What I hope is that they do the Turian Wars or whatever. That could be bad ass, though I'm not sure how they would do Biotics.

Offline zherok

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 06:37:44 am »
Meh to Turian Wars. Sci Fi prequels don't have the greatest track record. Besides, we already know how it ends.

Offline Nikkoru

• Cyberpun
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 07:08:14 am »
Clearly the game should be about an inexperienced Alliance captain sent after a Cerberus starship and they both wind up being pulled to a distant galaxy devoid of jumpgates by some godlike alien. The Cerberus agents are forced to join the Alliance crew in their harrowing adventure looking for a way home.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:10:21 am by Nikkoru »
Peace, Love, and Tranquility

Offline Winkle

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 09:47:07 am »
I wonder if they will go for a more open world approach, though im fine if they keep it the same so long as the story remains good, discounting the latter half of 3.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 03:14:21 pm »
According to BioWare developers the motion capture process has begun on the next Mass Effect at EA’S Vancouver studio. They are most likely putting together a trailer for this years E3. Bioware designer Jos Hendriks has also revealed through Twitter that the game is in playable development already. We have no confirmed release date for the next still untitled “Mass Effect” but if I were to guess I would bet on March 2015 giving the history of the 1st 3 installments. The information we do have so far tells us that Shepard’s story arc ended with the last game and that this next installment is probably a sequel.
You know the idea of quotes kind of disappears when you have no idea who said it.

I wonder how they'll continue it without Shepard... I'll definitely play it either way.
Definitely. As much as I dislike how each entry is worse than the prior, I'll mostly likely still play it. Just because of how unique of a gaming series it is. And by worse I mean graphic fidelity, mods and RPG-elements to name a few things.

It's tough finding a new direction. Yes, they could go with the First Contact War with humans vs. turians, but it would work better as a movie, I think. Just because of how much decisions matter in Mass Effect, yes, I heard myself. Although am I the only one who isn't super into the lore of Mass Effect? I honestly can't remember what happened in that war unless I spent 20-30 minutes on Wikia so I do think there is a potential good game there.

I think we'll see a game that uses one of the endings in which we pick up after 100 years after Mass Effect 3. We have a completely new cast. Some locations could still be there. Some characters since they can live for more than 100 years? Haven't got a clue. Also hoping for a lot of new exciting gameplay mechanics. Show some damn creativity, Bioware.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 03:26:38 pm »
You know the idea of quotes kind of disappears when you have no idea who said it.

https://twitter.com/KenThain/status/428215911116320768
https://twitter.com/Sjosz/status/428315731621445632
https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/426468900914475008

Motion capture has begun on the next Mass Effect at EA's Vencouver studio while supposedly amazing new enviroments have been added to the game according to BioWare developers, who've been hard at work on the game for some time now. The developers at BioWare have yet to reveal any solid details about the game. Not so much as an image or detail about who the game's main character will be has been released as of this time.

Ken Thain, cinematic director at the studio, revealed the first mo-cap sessions on Twitter:

"Getting set for our first motion capture session for the next #MassEffect .Off to Vancouver tomorrow to use EA's world class mocap facility."

Producer Mike Gamble said that he and BioWare Montreal studio director Yannick Roy have had access to a sneak peek for the game:

". @YanickRRoy and I were lucky enough to get a sneak peek on some amazing new level environments today. Wow!"

Designer Jos Hendriks has also played the as yet un-titled game:

After much setting up and figuring out errors and things, I am playing the new Mass Effect.
6:56 PM - 28 Jan 2014

The next Mass Effect does not currently have confirmed release platforms or a launch date. Mass Effect 3 lead writer Mac Walters is currently working on the game which appears to be a sequel based on the information we have on the races which will be featured.
Walters has said that the game will not be related to Shepard and his companions.

BioWare says the game will appeal to both old fans and newcomers.

Source: GameRanx

Offline vuzedome

• Reppuzan~!
  • Awards Winner of the BakaBT Mahjong tournament 2010
    • GoGreenToday
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 04:11:42 pm »
Sure they borked up on the 3rd ending, but a 4th instalment?  :(
BBT Ika Musume Fan Club Member #000044   
Misaka Mikoto Fan Club Member #000044
BBT Duke Nukem Fan Club Member #0000002

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 05:07:20 pm »
It won't be a sequel. It'll be an entirely different cast.

Offline JoonasTo

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 05:25:17 pm »
So were either getting an universe where we can't travel anywhere by space, so it's going to be limited to one star system. (I'm assuming we went with killing the geth and destroying, not any of that assimilation or be one as the whole universe stuff)

OR they agree that it was all a scam, either way, not a good thing.

Still, I love the universe, games set in there will always be welcome.

Because we can!

Offline zherok

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 06:00:33 pm »
They likely rebuild after the ending of three. Given their response to fan complaints about how dire the ending makes everything seem it's clear they just didn't see it themselves.

Maybe if they'd rushed the ending less and not have the real power behind the Reapers be revealed in the final minutes (not to mention ensure all endings a) destroy all the relays and b) kill the protagonist) it'd have been a little less stupid.

Offline avatarl

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 09:26:33 am »
I thought the ending extension was ok.  I mean, my issue, among other things, was that the ending was too barebone.  The kinda fixed that, so I'm a happy panda.  I enjoyed the trilogy way too much and I didn't mind the ending that much so here's hoping they WON'T do a Mass Effect MMO (like everyone and their grandma nowadays) and stick to single player.  Also, this time they should really TOTALLY separate multiplayer from singleplayer in the sense that multiplayer should have nothing to do with singleplayer progression and ending availability.  Other than that, Mass Effect is one of the few franchises I might consider paying full price again.  It was a solid experience for me from start to finish.  Also, no Day 1 story-relevant DLC.  You can charge for Citadel and Omega etc etc, but seriously, if it's ready on launch, include it in the standard edition.

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 03:00:52 pm »
It won't be a sequel. It'll be an entirely different cast.

Let me give you a good example.

A game franchise of the X series had sequels where in some instances you played as a son of your main protagonist in the previous instalment. Now, why do I mention exactly this game? Because in the end of the third expansion an event almost identical happened as in ME3: in both games the gates between star systems stopped working and planets got isolated.

So what did the X series do with their 4th game? Well actually they completely fucked up the release with broken game mechanics and bugs making the game utter shit, however storywise it's a reboot where isolated star system made new technology advancements and started re-exploring the galaxy.

This is the direction I would love to see in ME4, not a prequel, but some event where.... let's say cerberus figures out how to make a primiteve version of the mass relays or something like that. Re-exploration of the fractured societies, how all those races started to re-adapt (imagine the asari trade and influence network broken down turning some of their solar systems into degenerate worlds of crime and survival, or Krogan re-emerging and starting to thrive once again...)

So I really hope to see events after the last game.

Offline JoonasTo

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 02:16:29 am »
Please ditch cerberus all together or at least downsize it to ME1 specs, it got ridiculous up to the point where they rivalled alliance in presence. But with the reaper threat gone and all of the combined navies they should have more than enough material and time to create inter system space travel on their own.

I also hope they keep our choices from the past games. I want to see thriving rachni again.  :D

Because we can!

Offline zherok

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 04:48:52 am »
Well if we've learned anything from three it's that resolving that many choices several games down the line is hard work and it's easier to just convert your choices into arbitrary points towards unlocking a few extra (unrelated) scenes at the end of the game.

Offline Gh0st93

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 05:11:51 am »
New concept make it a prequel of dead space tie two large franchises together. Profit.

You're welcome.

~ This space for rent. ~