Author Topic: Mass Effect 4: Andromeda. Release date: March 21, 2017  (Read 2787 times)

Offline nstgc

• http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
Re: Mass Effect "4"
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 07:25:58 pm »
Clearly the game should be about an inexperienced Alliance captain sent after a Cerberus starship and they both wind up being pulled to a distant galaxy devoid of jumpgates by some godlike alien. The Cerberus agents are forced to join the Alliance crew in their harrowing adventure looking for a way home.

Star Trek: Voyager?

@ Ace: My issue with the ending isn't that the systems are isolated or something, but rather the other aspect of the ending (also I thought only the Sol Relay was detroyed). The only ending that really lends itself to a squeal is the destroyer ending, unless Bioware really wants to fuck up the story.

I agree by the way that a First Contact War game wouldn't be all that great. I would prefer a Rachni War game, but I know that people would likely be unwilling to buy it due to the lack of humans (Unless Bioware fucks with the story).

Offline Remak

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 10:48:14 pm »
I agree by the way that a First Contact War game wouldn't be all that great. I would prefer a Rachni War game, but I know that people would likely be unwilling to buy it due to the lack of humans (Unless Bioware fucks with the story).

I want to see more with drell and hanar!

Offline MrIntruder

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 11:11:03 pm »
The thing is that all Bioware games have the same ending regardless of it's setting or story.

"[Response choices]
1.Continue the franchise
2.Leave

[Response]

-2-"

I should go

Offline zherok

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 01:30:00 am »
@ Ace: My issue with the ending isn't that the systems are isolated or something, but rather the other aspect of the ending (also I thought only the Sol Relay was detroyed). The only ending that really lends itself to a squeal is the destroyer ending, unless Bioware really wants to fuck up the story.
It cascades and destroys all of them. It's applying an effect across the entire galaxy, so it'd have to hit more than just the Sol relay. Although why or how this requires all of them to blow up is a mystery.

Offline Mimishiki19

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 11:46:40 pm »
The relays blow up because an insane amount of energy passes through them.Short circuit if you will.Also they don't always blow up.Get a high enough rating and the relays only get their paint scratched.On Destroy with a high rating Shepard survives.
Destroy and Control could both have a sequel.
I would love a Control sequel where you get to fight the oppressive renegade Shepard and her army of Reapers.She brought peace but at the cost of our freedom!
Though probably it won't be that.Bioware likes to make it's past main characters disappear to avoid canon confusion.In Kotor Revan goes far far away and no one knows where.In Dragon Age your character goes far far away and no one knows where.
I'm putting my money on both sequel and prequel.Story starts before the war with a group a people not involved with the military and continues after the war with the optional skip of a few years( al a DA2) over the Reaper war.

I want a cow and NO,not for a hentai! Why...why would you think that? ⚢

Offline nstgc

• http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 04:13:39 am »
Don't even mention Dragon Age 2. That was a game that never should have been made. Yes, they fixed a few things, but fucked everything else up.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2017, 07:58:29 pm »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/04/mass-effect-andromeda-release-date-announced

Mark my words, it's gonna get delayed. Probably two months to polish it. If not, then color me suprised and impressed.

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 10:44:10 pm »
They better delay it at least 3 months because March is when Final Fantasy XIV BloodStorm expansion comes out and I intend to be there.

Also the trailers and teasers show how much they need to fix, for example, lipsynch of that MC, not only it's terrible but also creepy, but I think her smile will be better than Shepards.

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
Re: Mass Effect 4: Andromeda. Release date: March 21, 2017
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2017, 08:23:49 am »
Sounds like Mass Effect: Andromeda’s side content takes inspiration from The Witcher 3 rather than Dragon Age: Inquisition
why will it not take inspiration from prior mass effect games? ME1 was great, there were like what? 3 busy work quests in the entire game and they didnt matter, was awesome, I fucking hate side quests. (iirc 2 was pretty good in that regard as well, 3...not as much, also didnt help that I didnt give a shit about any of the crew in 3)

Can't say I was looking forward to this game, reading that article didnt help, open world? /facepalm /anything to do with the witcher /sigh

Offline blackhole

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2017, 11:10:16 am »
In mass effect 1 side quests had purpose, as you are in a new game you discover new places and meet new interesting creatures. Replaying the game loses already that charm, after 3rd replay it became a chore. However doing quests just to do them is like not doing them at all, but doing them you get new gear, cash and xp, and sometimes you unlock a new coordinates to visit.
Similar thing was in Mass effect 2, but in my opinion the game was rather boring and needed the distractions that the mini side quests game, the exploration was limited to bare minimum, the only planets you could land on were mission planets and after the mission you can forget about landing cuz you can't in many cases.

Mass Effect 3 side missions were a disaster, in this game the possibility of landing on almost every planet should be possible because here you hunt for the most important things, literally anything that can help you fight the Reapers, and yet the side quests were mundane fetch ones. Especially since it proved that everything you did over 3 games was completely pointless.

In Mass Effect Andromeda (MEA) being able to explore as many planets as possible is a must, you are not new to the game, although BioWare explained they are making this game to be directed at new players to the franchise, as well as long term fans. It's already confirmed that you can travel to many planets and explore them, it's also been confirmed that there are 7 golden planets, which means 7 habitable planets, but there are only 5 races taking part in the expedition, which means there might be surprises.

If they decided to take example from the witcher 3 to do side quests, I'm all for it, at least they won't feel mandatory or chores. It was always interesting to look at the generic cutscenes in The Witcher 3 when you took some side quests or contracts.

Lots of stuff have been already confirmed, but still not enough.

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2017, 01:20:31 pm »
Wait, Mass Effect 2 had a main quest? :o

Hearing Witcher and sidequests mentioned in the same sentence always makes me cringe. The amount of plain bullshit involved in those was staggering. Go to marker X that is bloody far. Once you get to marker X you need to get to marker Y, that is close by, thank the gods, but once you actually get there, you realise there's a PURPOSEFULLY PUT BARRIER THERE SO YOU HAVE TO GO ALL THE WAY AROUND TO WHERE YOU STARTED FROM AND THEN BACK ANOTHER WAY. Yes, you made your point assholes, never buying a single game from you.

What was best about ME1 sidequests was how you would discover them. You might just be walking by someone on the Citadel and hear them talking over comms or arguing on the street. Or you might hear a report on the radio. Then if it seemed worth your time, you would go do something about it. This was excellent presentation.

It's not exactly new, this was already present in Neverwinter Nights but the execution of it was just so very good in ME.

Sure there were the cloned ships you would find floating in space, but really, complaining about those is like complaining that not every car is different and unique. Of course if some model is especially suitable for something, there's going to be more than one group using it.

A couple of them didn't really make sense, like the Hanaar preacher on the Citadel. A guard asking you to help him persuade it to leave? A Turian guard asking you for help? But maybe we can let it pass since it was to introduce the Hanaar to the player.

I'm one of those who loved the Mako exploration in the first game too. Just being able to drive around, jump on mountains and then run into a smuggler camp? So good. Or find a crashed soviet space probe?  Priceless  ;D

What was a chore about it was looking for money from deposits and such, sure I often ran into them because I was doing acrobatics with the Mako on mountains, but if you wanted 100% completion in regards to those, you just had to drive over every spot on the planet. Still better than scanning for Iridium tho.  :P

Because we can!

Offline blackhole

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2017, 01:34:59 pm »
Oh yes, Mako was the best fun in the exploration, I was actually challenging myself to see how much the game allows me to do with it and climbing some mountains was goddamn epic.
Seeing the vehicle back in MEA is so damn feeling good.

I still remember fighting those worms with Mako only to exit mako shortly before finishing it and killing it for extra xp. Superb.

I remember playing as infiltrator wit ha sniper and just stumbling on radar that there are enemies under that ridge, going snipe mode and taking them down before they realized was awesome.
Too bad that most enemies at long range used rocket launchers and you didn't have one, talk about military oversight hahahah.

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2017, 08:05:59 pm »
Yeah, sniper rifle with explosive ammo was so ridiculously fun  ;D

Just getting targeted by those rocket launcher turrets if you were on foot was AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Because we can!

Offline megido-rev.M

Offline blackhole

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2017, 10:17:45 am »
Well, at least more weapons that have cooldowns instead of ammo clips.
More interesting use of Biotics is also good, I was constantly wondering in ME1/2 why I can't do more with a pull or throw biotics.

Offline megido-rev.M

Offline blackhole

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2017, 10:51:37 am »
That Fiend AI is funny, almost as if he doesn't know what he is doing there and just wants to go home.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2017, 07:05:01 am »
PC requirements:
Minimum

* PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
    * MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
    * VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
    * HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
    * DIRECTX: DirectX 11

Recommended

* PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
    * MEMORY: 16 GB RAM
    * VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB, AMD RX 480 4GB
    * HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
    * DIRECTX: DirectX 11

Offline blackhole

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2017, 08:32:42 am »
Why not DX12/Vulcan ? People with 8 gigs of ram having the rest of recommended will probably not even notice the lack of ram simply because. If it was on Vulcan tech, it wouldn't even matter.
Doom has incredibly fabulous graphics, runs at constant 60fps with the same recs, but with 8 gigs of ram, which makes me wonder what the hell do they want with 16?