Author Topic: Mass Effect 4: Andromeda. Release date: March 21, 2017  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Govna

Re: Mass Effect 4: Andromeda. Release date: March 21, 2017
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2017, 05:22:46 pm »
Not the engine's fault, just EvidentlyAutistic Games.
Basically it's the coders fault, From what I read a few months ago the facials were ready, the coders fucked up the build on release, it will be fixed later on.

Tho I like it now cuz fuck yeah, hilarious. Better than the creepy Shepard smile.

I highly doubt it's the programmers, since that's kind of an interesting bug to ship the game with.

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2017, 06:57:31 pm »
It's not a bug, it's intentional IMO. People pointed out bad animations a year ago when BioWare released gameplay video as promotion, a year is a long time to fix things, they won't easily fix bad voiceovers, but animations are hilarious, I'd say this had to be intentional and it will backfire at EA/BioWare.

Offline Govna

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2017, 11:13:47 pm »
It's not a bug, it's intentional IMO. People pointed out bad animations a year ago when BioWare released gameplay video as promotion, a year is a long time to fix things, they won't easily fix bad voiceovers, but animations are hilarious, I'd say this had to be intentional and it will backfire at EA/BioWare.

Lots has been broken in NMS and Dishonored 2 that still aren't fixed. That doesn't make them not bugs.

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:54:45 am by megido-rev.M »
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline blackhole

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2017, 08:45:22 am »
Well, I can only say this, aside from the bad animations and dialogues, the game looks good, however the game is about characters and the dialogues, so a 9 is out of teh question on release.

I wonder what Angry Joe will say ... gonna go check his review out.

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2017, 04:39:57 am »
I wonder what Angry Joe will say ...
They dun FUCKED IT UP
Probably ;D
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline blackhole

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2017, 10:06:12 am »
Well I'll wait to them fixing some stuff before I even consider buying this, that will take a while, maybe 3 years from now XD

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2017, 01:21:06 pm »
I was thinking about that too then I realized there's the possibility that they may never fix some of the stuff and I definitely want to play the game. I'm too impatient to just wait a week or two for the cracked version to come out too, so I bit the bullet.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2017, 01:59:54 pm »
I'll wait cuz I don't think the game, at the state it is now, is not worth the money they ask for it.
If they fix what everyone points fingers at, and everyone says in a choir, this is seriously annoying.
The gameplay itself doesn't look bad, in fact it is what the previous games should have been after Mass Effect 1.
Freedom of abilities and combat manouverability, less ordering around your teammates which is perfect cuz you know, those people shouldn't wait for me to start using abilities.
Now you actually have to do the combat which is fine.

Make V2 is back and I loved exploring so yeah, thank you for that.

The environment of the Andromeda galaxy looks simply astonishing, it shows teh people behind all the visual effects really took this seriously, hands down for that.

Choices seem to matter (they also did in previous games, and we know where that led to, your choices didn't matter in the end so hoping they dropped that) and no Paragon/Renegade, while being gone some People do seem to miss it, I dunno why, it annoyed me after ME1, ME1 was probably the best done P/R system, after that it was bonkers.
I like QT being limited to simple actions to make conversations a bit more interesting and not having actual results.

The only thing that bothers me is the voiceover being deadfish and the animations being ... retarded.

That alone makes the game not being worth the money, shave it doen by 40% as base price and we can start talking sense.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2017, 02:11:22 pm »
To be honest the thing I'm most worried about is their über shitty character creation and uggo females.

The voiceover work being unemotional and animations being shit are also concerning.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2017, 02:36:20 pm »
Yeah, I saw character creation video, so many limitations, I have no idea why they went this way, so far you had so many options when making a character, and suddenly they limit this so hard.

Although I should say, Turian Females, that's actually pretty cool.

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2017, 10:24:13 pm »
I'm a bit on the fence about this. My friend has already had this for some days since origin early access or something and he seems to be online and NOT playing it so it's probably not that good.

What annoys me most is the very boring main voice acting.
I know, I've been spoiled with renegade Hale but still...

Because we can!

Offline blackhole

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2017, 11:38:58 pm »
Well as it has been on the internet for over a week now, voice acting and animations are the shit of this game, apparently the only two characters out of over 120 voice actors that have done their work properly are the Pathfinders father and the black guy, who is still shitty, so lets say 1 n half man done right, everyone else is shit. You can forgive animations being wonky when it comes to aliens, cuz you know, they are aliens, they can act shit stiff. But when it comes to humans, it's inexcusable. Other than the two main issues with this game, everything else gets praise.

I don't see this game getting a realistic 6/10 though, the main points of this game are story and combat, although teh story conversations are practically 70% of teh game, so not getting that done right it's actually suicide. It's almost like EA said, "hire some wonkers off teh street, get them stoned with weed and lets see how they act for the lols."
Then after seeing how it worked and how it worked without the drugs, they went with the drugged version, cuz it had more life in it.

I'll wait with buying until they fix this, if they don't fix it, I'm not going to buy it.

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2017, 12:44:06 am »
Yeah the facial animations don't exist.

This is obviously because the Battlefield engine doesn't really have a need for them but my god do the people feel emotionless compared to the previous Mass Effect games. At least zoom out from people's faces when talking if you're not going to give them animations for emotions.

WTF STANDARD EDITION IS 60 EUROS?!?
ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME?
NOOOOOOOOOPE

I'll just wait till some polish dude steals a couple and puts them on g2a or until someone cracks it.

Because we can!

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2017, 10:19:43 am »
What annoys me most is the very boring main voice acting.
That is really bad. The gameplay is pretty fun but once you get back to The Nexus (basically Andromeda's version of The Citadel)... all the talking just bores me to fucking death. There's no emotion in the voice acting nor the animation. It's awful.

None of the characters are remotely likeable either, and it seems like whoever was in charge of character design was some kind of weird femnazi from tumblr because I don't know who the hell would look like any of these people. Even ugly sticking all the females aside, their hairstyles are all literally ridiculous. Nearly all the females I've encountered so far either have short boy hair or some kind of weird ass fuckboy hair with shaved sides and back. Like what the actual fuck.

WTF STANDARD EDITION IS 60 EUROS?!?
ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME?
NOOOOOOOOOPE
Right? Games used to be $40-50 for standard, maybe $30 if you're lucky. This one's $60 just for the standard... $70 for Deluxe... $100 for super deluxe or whatever that you'd have to be insane to get.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2017, 11:02:09 am »
Well, people buy for this kind of money so no wonder, even for trash games.
I look at games from a practical perspective:
Game price is 60Eu
-Will I play it once or more than once after I finish it ?
[1] [2+]
  • [     ]

-Is the game actually running smoothly ?
[yes] [no]
[     ]

the game is fucking tearing my computer apart, and it runs smoothly some titles on ultra.
-Is the game worth the market value ?
[hell yes] [fuck no]
[            ] [    x      ]

-would you buy it on discount ?
only if it's 60% down.

Offline Al_Sleeper

« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2017, 02:19:00 pm »
On the subject of money:
Into the War, a game sold on Steam that was both Early Access and Greenlit. The game aimed to be a type of arena shooter like Quake 3 or Team Fortress 2, but the developers put a bare minimum of effort into actually making a game. Graphics consisted of stock Unity assets. A few days after release several levels were removed from the game because of problems with players walking through or falling through solid objects. There were four classes, which varied only in their starting weapon, and the shotgun used by the engineer was by far the most effective. Players had grenades, which made a sound and had a graphical effect, but didn't actually do anything. Lag was often unbearable at times, and players could be killed one second after respawning because there was no invulnerability or grace period. Running animations were bugged, and players looked like they were sliding along the ground or spinning in place while running. The developers took whatever money they made from the game and abandoned the project and shut down their servers. The game is still sold on Steam, despite the fact that the only thing a player can do now is look at the main menu.
However, the quote is slightly outdated: now the game is free to play.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 02:23:40 pm by Al_Sleeper »

Offline blackhole

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2017, 02:42:25 pm »
Yeah, like I said, people will buy anything, especially from BioWare/EA.
They didn't learn from ME2 (EA) or ME3 (EA again) and certainly they don't give a fuck about MEA (EA yet again). Bioware took every step possible to make the game, they made the game, but EA was responsible for Voice Actors and appropriate script animations, it looks more like BioWare couldn't have a say about this anyway, and EA hired amateurs that simply didn't care cuz they worked for EA and they don't give a fuck.

I'll wait, if the game gets fixed, it still doesn't warrant 60 Euros, at most I can pay for MEA is 37 Euros. And EA can only thank themselves for it.

I have the same reservations about Final Fantasy 7 Remake, the more I see it, the more I think it's just exp[anded Final Fantasy 7 Dirge of Cerberus, I liked that game, but it won't be as effective for me in this setting, I mean, it's not the main FF7 anymore, it's another spinoff. Not going to pay 60 EU for a single part of the game, out of no one knows how many. Probably 7 to make it right.

Offline Govna

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2017, 03:45:40 pm »
Yeah, like I said, people will buy anything, especially from BioWare/EA.
They didn't learn from ME2 (EA) or ME3 (EA again) and certainly they don't give a fuck about MEA (EA yet again). Bioware took every step possible to make the game, they made the game, but EA was responsible for Voice Actors and appropriate script animations, it looks more like BioWare couldn't have a say about this anyway, and EA hired amateurs that simply didn't care cuz they worked for EA and they don't give a fuck.

I'll wait, if the game gets fixed, it still doesn't warrant 60 Euros, at most I can pay for MEA is 37 Euros. And EA can only thank themselves for it.

I have the same reservations about Final Fantasy 7 Remake, the more I see it, the more I think it's just exp[anded Final Fantasy 7 Dirge of Cerberus, I liked that game, but it won't be as effective for me in this setting, I mean, it's not the main FF7 anymore, it's another spinoff. Not going to pay 60 EU for a single part of the game, out of no one knows how many. Probably 7 to make it right.

Yeah they did their best just like with swtor and da:i, and me3. The only other things they've made in the last six years.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2017, 04:39:15 pm »
The game is a lot more fun by the time you leave the Nexus and head to your first planet. You get some more interesting companions too.